Register
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone help from where i can buy RS232 null modem usb to 9pin female, i have new laptop and there is no serial cable. can anyone suggest from where i can buy USB to 9pin female for windows7, if possible please send me link. thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

you would have to buy a null modem cable and a usb to serial adaptor . the problem is that usb adaptors require a driver (that's a bit of software basicly to help the computer see that a box is connected to it) and the drivers seem to be incompatable with vista and even xp , atleast in my experience and ive been doing this a while . if your box is a dm500s you can use the method I posted above (the root.cramfs method) to flash your box , if its a dm7020 or a dm800 you can flash it via your web browser or you could get the use of an old desktop computer to flash it via null modem cable.
    i love it when a dreambox comes together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where can i buy the null modem cable in SG?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Via fleabay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just bought a null modem cable f/f but my laptop dont have the port...how to connect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

most laptops don't have the 9 pin connection . you have two options
    1/ buy a usb to serial adaptor (this connects to the null modem cable )
    2/ get the use of an old desktop computer (as this will have the 9 pin connection)

the problem with usb to serial adaptors is that they require a driver to work , a driver basicly is a bit of software that you download or which comes on a disk and when installed helps the computer to see that its got a device connected to it. the problem is that windows vista is largely incompatable with these drivers , ive never gotten a driver to work on a vista laptop and I only had a driver working on an older windows xp laptop , ive never managed to get a driver to work on newer xp laptops , so chances are you will have a serious problem here . this is why I say get the use of a desktop computer , that way you wont need any drivers .

if your box is working and not bricked (stuck on the green light etc) then depending on your box model you could have an alternative way to flash the box . a dm500s can be flashed using dream control center and the root.cramfs method , a dm800 can be flashed via web browser .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all I am getting this msg when I connect to the PC...it says unable to open com port
    Last edited by clotxtreme; 16th July, 2016 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

there doesn't seem to be any com port displayed in the picture you posted (where it says serial port ) usually there it says com1 by default , and when you click on the little arrow you can select com2 etc . nothing is displayed in the picture above , so that's why its not opening a com port , but why this error is occurring I don't know . what version of dreambox have you got ? , I know some versions of dreamup say they are universal but they are not . newer boxes like a dm500hd or dm800se would need the latest version of dream up , a dm500s will work with older versions . id try a different version of dreamup and see if the same error occurs. only other thing I can think of is that the com port on your computer is not active .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I tried again and I can select com 1 and com 3 only but which one shld I select? Mine is a 500c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

usually you would start with com 1 , so try com1 and see if it works , if it doesn't try the other com .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am stuck at this screen...how to proceed? i cant click on flash..i just cannot proceed on to the next step
    Last edited by clotxtreme; 16th July, 2016 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

what version of dreambox have you got ? dreamup is not really universal to all boxes in my experience so if you have a version that's best suited to your box its better . so if you let us know what version of dreambox you have we can better advise you .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piopat View Post
    what version of dreambox have you got ? dreamup is not really universal to all boxes in my experience so if you have a version that's best suited to your box its better . so if you let us know what version of dreambox you have we can better advise you .
    Mine is DM 500C. I have tried dreamup 1.3.2.1 but I am still stuck at the same page...how do I proceed? Is it really frustrating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that any video to show step by step how to do and where can i get Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file ?
    Last edited by johnny8908; 4th December, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what image do i need to flash my dreambox dm500c. I would be grateful for your help,