Register
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

only one useful post required to get download rights. however with over 1500 new users in the last two days the site is getting pounding by people who just want to download. You will need to be patient as it takes time for the server to update the users profiles with the access rights.. It is not much to wait for the 'free' serrvice people..

Take your time fixing your boxes, the keys will be rolled 2 or 3 times a day. Many of us are just waiting it out as there is not much point in doing this so often unless there is something you really want to watch.. A patch will come out soon enough, it just takes time for that 'free' service also..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Very Informative

This is the first time I have had to try the flashing myself. Your tutorial was very clear and easy to understand, I just hope that finding the right image is as clearly laid out.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yer i think im just gonna do it the once just to prove to myself i can actually do it (not had much luck yet ) then im gonna sit it out
    dreambox 500c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know whether this is the right thread, I've been all over this site! There seems to be some great, easy to follow instructions about everything, like the one above, which is why I've chosen to post here, but as a novice, there are some questions I need to ask first I have a DM 500-c currently on digitalworldz dreams 1.6.5. My service provider is Vermin Melia. Having had problems for months although I pay for phone, internet and 2 boxes, I've lost most of the channels on DB. I've fiddled round with it to no avail, finally turning to a factory reset. I've now lost the keys list. I have some channels but not all. I know where the evocamd, mgcamd and tuxbox commander are, but don't know what they are for. I have keys for a eurovox that are working on that, (although I think there should be even more channels but I have all the sLy ones) I usually have the same ones on the dreambox:- ( let me know where and how to post the keys i have if required )
    Is an image file the software I need to install and where do I find the latest version?
    What is the dreamup program and where do I find it?
    What is a backup image that I don't load?
    Once I follow the above instructions do I need to enter the keys?
    if the keys.txt option has disappeared from how do I get it back?
    I can get into a screen asking me to enter the keys (don't know where or how I ger there) but how do I enter them?
    If I follow the above instructions, will I have all my channels and will the box work? or will there be something to do after that?
    Sorry to be a pest to the initiated but the more I read on how to fix the problem, the less I know. I know there is a load of questions here, but thats how bad I am! I would like to learn though from anyone with the patience to teach!
    Is there a glossary somewhere which explains the jargon - if not, someone should create one that people like me can add to that may be a help to other newbies!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All... I could do with some help please..!! I'm a total noobie to this scene..

Basically someone gave me their envision (EN 500c)Box cuz they moved to a new location and cable TV wasn't available, When I first got it I just plugged it in executed the Auto Transponder Scan and away it went working fine..until the other day it appeared to only decode the normal channels like ITV,when I selected a movie Channel I just got a blank screen.... Me being me I decided to select to option " Factory Reset" then Auto Scanned Channels, Thinking this could resolve the issue..but it didn't... it made things worse.. It now appears the onscreen interface appearance has changed(I guess to Factory default Setting)...and I can't get ANY Channels at all...Doh!!
    Any info on where to start on this big learning curve..would be greatly appreciated...
    stOrm383

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

please excuse my ignorance but how do i use this method if i dont have a db9 port on my laptop only ethernet,what cable could i use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a DB2 and have successfully flashed it in the past, I've also updated the recently posted info on the Bingo Board and got it up and running again after the recent shut downs (thanks for that).

Thing is I mentioned this to a friend at work and he asked me if I could try and get his up and running again. I said I'd give it a try, but when he brought it in it's an ancient looking Nokia Dbox? I tried flashing it with the same program I used on my DB2 but it wont connect. Is there another prog for older Dboxes or should the Dreamup V1.2.1.5 work on the old Dbox as well?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone out there give me a guide on how to load EVO cam on my Dream 500C and procedure on how to flash the box.

Also just to ask if Dream 500C can work in Cho*us area in kildare; Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all Hope you can help. I have just purchased a Null modem cable and the USB serial converter for it. When i click connect in dream up all i get is "initiating flash-loader upload..." and thats it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the problem is that you cant buy nullmodem cables anywhere, they dont have it in stores, you have to order..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and DreamUp v1.3.3.2 which should be the newest one today, gives me the message "connection prepared, now switch on the dreambox" even though the dreambox is not physicly hooked up to the computer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it says that all the time, you then have to plug in your dreambox and it shud tell u that its talkin to your computer and then u can go and do your image flash...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok i figured it out. It is very important, as the guide says, to use nullmodem cable and nothing but. I tried with a USB-serial converter and did not work. This guide works perfectly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, just flashed my DM500+ and its dead. Ill try these methods. will keep posted. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi again. i have tried using telnet and wierd character appeared on the screen instead of DM500+. is this normal or the software is severly currupted. i dont want to dismantle my dbox for warranty purpose. i flashed it gemini and it dead. please help

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast