Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Default Allison Transmission trouble shooting

Please any one, help for us
    My Allison RDS 4500 with Cummins ISX 475 on Kenworth C500, after to off engine and to start again, switch contact On engine does not to start.
    And pushbutton shift display for Allison problem with double "Cat Eyes" ( -\- -\- ) ...what it this ? Am check for J1939 does not failure, CAN1/2 resistant as 120 ohm, Batt. voltage, terminals, fuses 10 Amp, all Deutz Conn. good condition.
    Relays for/from TCM only Reverse relay on power and Neutral no power, why ?
    Please help and thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Roy Suryadwiananda For This Useful Post:

talmadge (16th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Hello,

It's a Wtec III or 4_Gen ?
    Have you the Allison serial number ?
    120 ohms is incorrect, you must have 60 ohms, check the resistance in the Allison diagnostic connector.
    Can you try another selector ?

Here you have troubleshoting manuals.
    3000_4000 => http://c.sdbx.co/Zaecnb
    WtecIII => http://c.sdbx.co/XlCNYx

SHIFT_SELECTOR.pdf

Regards,
    Last edited by kitty-hawk; 7th April, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kitty-hawk For This Useful Post:

doit64 (22nd July, 2013), mang5087 (10th April, 2013), mathura (7th May, 2013), peter21 (12th May, 2013), Roy Suryadwiananda (10th April, 2013), rudamie (12th May, 2013), sieko (16th January, 2018), sova (9th April, 2013), TIGER24 (19th February, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Thank you Kitty Hawk, for S / N 6610354589 Allison RDS 4500_P ,4_Gen, then I will study your first post, hopefully I can handle it as soon as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Troubleshoting_Selector 4th_Gen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kitty-hawk For This Useful Post:

doit64 (22nd July, 2013), mang5087 (10th April, 2013), mathura (18th April, 2013), Roy Suryadwiananda (11th April, 2013), rudamie (12th May, 2013), sieko (16th January, 2018), slim100 (28th August, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

The lasst 3 PDF.

Regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kitty-hawk For This Useful Post:

doit64 (22nd July, 2013), mang5087 (10th April, 2013), Roy Suryadwiananda (11th April, 2013), rudamie (12th May, 2013), slim100 (28th August, 2014)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Hello again guys, after I do the examination based on your instructions, there were power cable 163 from the Ignition switch to the TCM which passes through the switch cabin door had many times in the short-circuit connections (yellow lamp for fault code is blink as intermittent). So that the micro-emitting diode (Ignition sense) on the possibility of burning and TCM as the power supply output to the neutral relay (cable 141/pin 41) become empty and diagnostic tools could not connect.
    After I did the jumper cable between the cable wires 141/pin 41 to cable wires 130/pin 30 , wherein the neutral relay is connected to the power supply and the Engine can start crank and running.
    Up here, I conclude that the TCM problem, how do you all, this time I'm ordering a new TCM, although not sure the part is damaged.
    I wait for you all the guidelines and suggestions, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Hi again,

It's probably the TCM, you must try another.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kitty-hawk For This Useful Post:

Roy Suryadwiananda (12th April, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Status update,
    Gentlement, greeting from the Jungle of Borneo.
    I waited so long to buy the new TCM replacement complete with as same program the original , after I plug it turns out the condition of "cat eye" is still there, and the engine can not crank , diagnostic Allison DOC still could not connect.
    All the wiring harnness between TCM to the Cabin / Engine as well , as from TCM to Allison the Transmission already in re-check, all Solenoid inside Transmission good condition (4.5. 4.7 Ohm).
    Connector (20 pin) from TCM to Transmission Am to unplug and Engine to crank and running by jumper wire, do not is no any power voltage which come out from TCM.
    ECU there are four, for Engine, Transmission, Cabin and Shifter, all connected CAN Line and has met resistance 60 Ohm, Engine diagnostic is okay, Paccar ESA for Cabin multiplexing is okay too for diagnostic, only Allison DOC not connected
    Until this condition is still blank I will do much less, maybe his friends can help instruction, advice or guidance, I would be very grateful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Check the 80-way connector meticulously, you can be have a bad connection.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Okay kitty-hawk, I check the wiring between the TCM harnnes with connections on the cabin floor, no short circuit occurs between the pin 80 and the pin on the connector are all connected properly (continuity is ok). There's only one problem, when all connections/connectors are plugged CAN line resistance is 60 Ohm is better, but if connection of wiring to the cabin floor overall harnnes removed (only TCM to the cabin floor ) on the CAN line of resistance to be 71.8 K Ohm (genuine from TCM), whether this right?
    Is it possible that there new TCM has been no program or TCM is failure again? please advise you.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Status update,
    Comrades, probably occurring is U0100 DTC Lost Communication with TCM, please send us a description for the DTC U0100 for us, and if harnnes TCM wiring to the OEM have experienced a short circuit, wiring harnnesss whether it should be re reflash with Tools (J47276T and J42455-A/Load Box) ?
    And whether it is necessary the firmware to reflash ?, please further instructions.
    I hope my friend does not get tired of helping, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Hi again,

If the new TCM have the same calibration it's not necessary reflash your TCM.
    In my first post you have the troubleshoOting manuals for 3000-4000 4th Gen, in this manual you can found the code U0100.
    In same manual you must read the section 8 : "GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING OF PERFORMANCE COMPLAINTS" it can help you !

I think you have problem in the Allison or OEM wiring harness.
    Have you try another selector ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kitty-hawk For This Useful Post:

Roy Suryadwiananda (1st May, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Oh thank for your fast respons, yes my have to try with other Selector/Shifter and result is the same, shifter to install other unit is ok friend no problem, maybe OEM , maybe Allison harness is wrong ? i dont now .
    This problem is very frustrating as everything seems to check out OK.
    Last edited by Roy Suryadwiananda; 2nd May, 2013 at 05:21 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Dear Kiity Hawk and all member in DK, do you have a "Service Manual - 4000 Product Family (Allison 4th Generation Controls) - SM 4014EN" , please copy for us,
    problem has not been found.
    Thank you friends.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

Status update,
    some of days (the period of one month) is that I do is the following:
    1.Inspection thoroughly "Wiring Harrness" for ECM Engine, Cabin CECU, Shifter, Allison TCM, all Solenoid, Pressure Switch, Switch Solenoid Allison, all Connector.
    2. Inspection of all Control valve jammed or damaged.
    3. CAN Inspection line at all locations (Engine, Shifter, CECU, Allison TCM: all resistance of 60 Ohm.
    3. Replace with a new Allison TCM with the same program.
    4. Try TCM, Shifter, CECU, Throtlle Pedal from the damaged unit to unit operating (running) the result is all the components are working properly.
    5. Allison oil pressure test on the standard result: approximately 240 psi.

Of all these measures did not seem damaged components and all measurement results are good.
    So far Diagnostic Tool (Noregon / Nexiq) still can not connect, but for Cabin CECU (ESA) and Cummins INSITE can be connected.

I was accompanied by some experts from the Dealer Kenworth / Paccar Indonesia and Allison, but so far no significant results.

This is the information to friends, who may be experiencing the same problems we can help each other / learn in such cases in the future.

I do not know exactly what to do, seems to have been a maximum.

Help ideas, suggestions from comrades DK so we look forward, thank you for your time and attention.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Roy Suryadwiananda For This Useful Post:

sedatD (13th September, 2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast