Help using NFS or CIF to record channels
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Help using NFS or CIF to record channels

Hi Guys.
    I am new to this forum and i have the following DreamBox. DM800HD PVR. On it i have the following image installed. Newnigma2-Release-2010-05-16

I have succesfully mounted the NFS on the my Dreambox with following settings:

Active: Enable
    Local Share name: dekoder
    Mount type: NFS Share
    Server IP: 192.168.1.1
    server share: \hdd\movie\dekoder
    use as HDD replacement: yes
    mount options: rw,nolock

I am a little bit confused about the server share and mount option, dunno if that is correct.

However my dreambox connects to it succesfully and show it under mount view. It has a green tick but the HD icon have a cross on it, red cross, dunno what that means.

When i try to record it says no HD is mounted. After some research i figured that default recording path needs to be changed. That turned out to be a real challenge to do. I tried following:

home button twice, then menu and file list.

But in there i am unable to find the mounted share so i can chose that as recording path. What am i doing wrong here? I know there are stickies here, and i have already used several hours to figure out the problem, but in the end i had to give up. I will appritiate if someone out there could guide me to the correct path. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Manna420 For This Useful Post:

sparaxin (14th April, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i will appritiate if someone could throw some light on this thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have the same image as you so this may not help but.....if you hit your pvr button and it alllows you to view the folder that you have any recordings stored in (usually hdd/movie by default), try to change "location" with the yellow button, if it allows you change to the HDD that you have set up, then press "menu" and it should give you the option to "add bookmark". if it does then exit out and go back into "record paths" under set up and system and now it should let you change the default record path to the new one that you just bookmarked. if it does then all recordings from now on should automatically be saved there.

It worked on my image, so fingers crossed for you