Motorization dish not working. can't find signal an more.
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Motorization dish not working. can't find signal an more.

Hi all.

I have set up my motorized dish for the first time today. I have a basic satellite finder. i was getting a strong buzzing noise and picked up a few foreign stations. I have basic free to all box. Nothing great just one that i picked up on my local electronic store its a telves . I then wanted to get a stronger signal. The buzzing noise from the sat finder just stop and no matter what i did the signal was not change. i was just stuck at 17 percent. i moved the satellite to find anything but nothing. i couldn't even get the old station that i pick up. i am not sure what i did. i try to retrace my step to see what i did.

when i got the first station i mess around with the box. i was going through the frequencies by mistake i added a new satellite not sure what this does. after that i started to move the satellite to get a better signal. nothing i have done afterwards has got any signal back.

i am flashing my other box dreambox 500s with the Commando_14-7 snd i am hope that this box will help.
    Can a dream box pick up fta statation. will this work the same as the one the other box.

i am not sure if it is the box or if its me move the satalight.

I live in dublin.

any help would be very greatful.

thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

all sat boxes can pick up fta if they are pointing to correct sat,i believe your settings are off,recheck alignment if off no signal you will get.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ed-dish-42881/

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Make Sure the mounting pole is dead vertical, the instruct the reciever to goto a know sat (astra maybe...) then move ONLY the dish until you are seeing the channels... You will need to ensure you are on the correct sat, if so the rest "should" fall into place... If you have a smart phone, you can get software that gives a virtual reality view of all the sats in the sky, plus remotely view your box on the phone! Really handy for this lark.

Sent using Tapatalk