What did you go for?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default What did you go for?

Just wondering what the honourable denizens of Satkings decided to move to when n3 came along and killed the pearl. My missus decided to "go straight". I told her she could pay it as I only watch the footy (download most other stuff) and she's fed up with the bill. Did you convert to satellite or get another box? The wife don't want a dish on the side of the house even though the cheapest solution (apart from freeview ) looks to get a sat tuner if one can be sourced, so I'm after a cable box, preferably.

Sorry for the 20 questions, been away from the scene for a few years and honestly don't really know where to start, although the Kryptview boxes look ok, but not sure about the card sharing with vermin.

So what did you do? Did you move onto satellite or stay with cable? If you went with cable what did you get? Or did you convert to satellite?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

on cable as you say the kryptview,flash the box with firmware and connect the lan cable and away you go,does have its ups and downs lately,sat is much better and if going that way i would suggest a motorised dish just in case something happens in the future.
    you can do a lot more with a sat box say like a vu solo2 watch and record and have an internal hdd fitted,most people have gone the sat route and not looked back.how many years has satkings been gone now?