Register

Thread: PCR2.1 Eeprom

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default PCR2.1 Eeprom

Hello Guys, Is there anybody who has an Eeprom file of a virgin or below 100Km PCR2.1? I need to re-code an ECU but this is only possible if the ECU has less than 100Km on it and the mileage is stored in the 25640 eeprom.(has been tested) I know approx location but not the exact, also do not know what Algo is used. Greetz Snatchme

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

read the eeprom and post it here

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hello Here are the 2 files.1 is the original and 1 with changed coding. But the one with the changed coding changes to coding "0000000000"when plugged into the car and can only be changed back to original coding. Mileage is also in the coding address: From 02B0 till 0440, 22B0 till 2440, 42B0 till 4440 and 62B0 till 6440. I have changed coding and mileage did changed to. from 15 TKM to 41 TKM. I hope somebody can change it below 100 Km or make virgin.Thanks Snatchme
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snatchme For This Useful Post:

kennfeld (9th May, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

if you change coding you perhaps change from km to miles ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

i don't know what tool you used to read this

but when i import it in my official winols it says that file may been corrupt or virtual read
    when i view the file it's possible that it has been read twice and stored to one file ?
    or are there 2 eeprom in that ecu one that check the other one ?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hello,

If you read with tuning SW you just see one time the eeprom file if you read with X-Prog/BeeProg/UPA you read the whole file.
    If you check with WINOLS you would get the message corrupted because it cannot handle the whole EEP file.
    If you want to check whole EEP file you better can use HEX-Editor like 010-Editor.

I have got the info from somebody where to find the mileage, up to the next test and see if i can get that F*cking thing running.
    But thanks anyway..

Greetz..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

mileage must bee hilo or lohi 32 bit and so you have value X1000 because it are meter not kilometer in the rom

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts

I have same problem. I have Touran 2011 with pcr 2.1. I made dashboard only first and randomly i noticed, that error in ecu is stored with own mileage. Now I have the car in my garage and read out eeprom of ecu. Before that I made error by taking out maf and so I know the exactly stored kilometers. The calculation is really easy in my example I have 99951 km (not miles). So multiplicate it with 10 and convert to hex. 999510 to hex = 000F4056. Flipped 32bit = 56400F00. So it is stored in ECU.
    At sntchme?s example (first dump) take a look at $2F0. Here we will find:
    316D0200 326D0200 336D0200
    Lets flip 32bit:
    00026D31 00026D32 00026D33
    Let convert to dec:
    159025 159026 159027
    Lets divide by ten:
    15902,5 15902,6 15902,7 km.
    Lets set to 0km:
    00000000 00000000 00000000 :-)

At $C96 you will find same values twice. I think have to be changed, too. And this in all 4 mirrored blocks of course, too.

Good luck.

PS: next time please post dump with exact values please! *grrrr... ...
    PS2: I think the coding jumps to zero because its implausible, not because it have more than 100km. But please tell us your experience with our new knowledge!
    Last edited by brobble; 17th May, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brobble For This Useful Post:

kennfeld (19th May, 2013), klemenm2 (4th May, 2016), pecirepi (12th October, 2018), tarasad (26th July, 2015)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts

Here my experience with changing mileage in eeprom and building back ecu to car:

I changed mileage to 58962km to eeprom and resoldered to the ecu. Put back ecu to car and have a look with vcds. I got 2 errors now. One was ECU malfunction/Checksum error. *grrrr. Second was my maf which I put out of car to see the mileage. Put back maf to car and deleted both errors and they never came back. Then I put away maf again to see mileage of error. Now ecu shows 0km for dtc. Mmmmh... OK, not important. Lets drive the car and see in some days. Maybe the ecu have to write his mileage self some kilometers. Or the car will stuck after some kilometers because checksum error. We will see, when the taxi is back in my garage. I will tell result after some days.

Stay tuned...

Greetings from germany.

MR...
    Last edited by brobble; 17th May, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brobble View Post
    Here my experience with changing mileage in eeprom and building back ecu to car:

I changed mileage to 58962km to eeprom and resoldered to the ecu. Put back ecu to car and have a look with vcds. I got 2 errors now. One was ECU malfunction/Checksum error. *grrrr. Second was my maf which I put out of car to see the mileage. Put back maf to car and deleted both errors and they never came back. Then I put away maf again to see mileage of error. Now ecu shows 0km for dtc. Mmmmh... OK, not important. Lets drive the car and see in some days. Maybe the ecu have to write his mileage self some kilometers. Or the car will stuck after some kilometers because checksum error. We will see, when the taxi is back in my garage. I will tell result after some days.

Stay tuned...

Greetings from germany.

MR...

Hi

any chance you have had this back to check it? Is it all OK?
    Whatever seems impossible is just not yet important enough.