Register
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Cool the only thing i can suggest is the cam your using is causing the problem.

Tey downloading evocam and see how that works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried Evocam, Same problem if not worse. Could the source of the problem lie somewhere else (e.g. wireless LAN, PC, etc.)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Could be in lan. If your using wireless then this could be a big prob. try a straight through cable see what happens.

If nothing then it could be the image.

try a different image see how you get on. Ive had no probs with the dk image on my 500.

Never tried gemini recording to be honest.
    Last edited by cgscott; 8th October, 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK I will give it a try when I get home. It means running cables everywhere, but is worth it to eliminate the w-lan as a possible cause of the problem.

Still no luck. The recording with Evocam seems to worse than with MgCamd 1.30a/New CS 1.60. I might consider a new image over the weekend to see if that has any effect. Any recommendations or any other tips?

New LAN cable tried and problem solved.
    Last edited by octavious; 12th October, 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anybody know if there is a way to "pause" recording, in stead of stopping it? As everytime there is a commercial on and i stop it, i have to create a new recording for each time i want to continue recording.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be grateful for some help in setting up NAS recording on a Buffalo Linkstation.

Trying to use Samba (since it has Samba) but should I use CIFS?

Likewise I have seen /var/mnt/movies used as well as /mnt/movies - which is it with the DK1.1 image?

Server directory - default share on a LS is called "share" but would I type just share in the box or /mnt/disk1/share which is the path on the LS ??

Anyone actually got a LS rather than a lesser NAS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a way to "pause" recording, in stead of stopping it? As everytime there is a commercial on and i stop it, i have to create a new recording for each time i want to continue recording.
    Kal,
    From what I've been reading it depends on the kind of box you are using and with which image.

I am trying to get my DM600 up with PLI final as I believe this supports real timeshifting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
    I'd be grateful for some help in setting up NAS recording on a Buffalo Linkstation.

Trying to use Samba (since it has Samba) but should I use CIFS?

Likewise I have seen /var/mnt/movies used as well as /mnt/movies - which is it with the DK1.1 image?

Server directory - default share on a LS is called "share" but would I type just share in the box or /mnt/disk1/share which is the path on the LS ??

Anyone actually got a LS rather than a lesser NAS?
    Methanoid,
    The best place to start is to setup the directory on your NAS and connect to it with a PC. Then use something like WINSCP to connect to it and find the directory. At the top of the right hand pane in WINSCP it gives you the path name. Copy that into your dreambox settings and you should be good to go.

(Sorry I can't tell you specifically about the Buffalo but this method works with the 3 other devices I have for mapping)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks very much for the information. I would like to know if Ngrab can be used in a similar manner. I have managed (thanks to DK forums) to connect my dreambox to my router using a wireless access point. I am trying to use Ngrab for timer recordings onto a NAS drive. The NAS drive is attached to the router and I can access it wirelessly from my laptop. So far I have not been successful but I reckon your information for direct recording will be very useful. BTW can the timer be used for direct recordings?Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Using Vista to setup NAS connection

Hi. I have just written a long post which was lost in the ether when I unexpectantly received a "Web Page expired" message. I am trying to set up a direct record to a NAS device. The NAS device ia attached to my router. It does NOT show an IP address only a MAC address. The NAS device shows as drive I: on my laptop.
    I have tried to follow your instructions but I am using Vista.
    I have created a folder Recordings on the NAS drive. However it is not clear how to set this folder to Network Sharing using Vista. I have right clicked on the folder and used the "Share.." option. I set this to the path name of my laptop (\\MCASSIDY-PC)
    I can access the enigma web interface (192.168.1.5 .. Dreambox IP) and have attempted to add a mount .. without success!!
    There are several fields which I am not sure about.
    What should go into Client Directory? I tried \\MCASSIDY-PC)
    What should go into Server Directory? I tried I:\Recordings
    What IP address should I use? I tried the Router & Laptop IP addresses with the User Names & Passwords for each. (The NAS shows no IP address)
    I would be very grateful for any help.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by mcassidy; 12th November, 2008 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Using NDAS to record to DM500C

Hi. I have used Devilfish's guide for recording to a NAS drive. However I did not have any success at first. I have since discovered that I have a NDAS (Network DIRECT attached storage drive). This appears to be (according to internet information) a better technology than NAS. NDAS does NOT use an IP address even though it is attached to a router. The software for the NDAS device needs to be loaded onto any computer which needs to share the storage. The device then needs to be "mounted" on each machine. The storage appears with a drive letter and the PC essentially regards it as if it was another attached drive. I did eventually manage to get a recording onto the drive. I used a folder RECORDINGS on the host PC and set the required permissions as in Devilfish's guide. I did however use the settings for the DIRECT record to PC rather than those in the NAS section. I used the Dreambox remote to mount as in the communications menu. The recording started ok and I could see the contents of the RECORDINGS folder growing by the minute. I stopped the recording and then attempted to view it using menu .. file mode .. recovered movies. The movie was there ok and it started to play. However after few moments the screen became unviewable. I was not able to stop the playback and had to remove the power cable from the dreambox. When I restarted the dreambox the DK image persisted and no TV channels were available. I thought at first that VM had finally managed to detect my MAC settings and had sent a signal to silence the box!! (Recent postings). However all I had to do was press menu and then TV mode. The box had remained in file mode. I tried again but this time the movie had disappeared from the the Recorded Movies.
    I am not sure why this happened but it may be because I am using a Wireless Access Point to attach the Dreambox to the router.
    I then tried Ngrab. The settings were already given in an earllier posting. I used the NDAS drive for the recording. I was very pleased with the result. The recording was very good quality with only the odd frame/sound missing.
    I might try to attach the Dreambox directly to the router using a long CAT cable (not feasible long term) to see if there is any improvement.
    Thanks again for all the information. I am new to this area but have learned a lot from the forums.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Well having finally got the box and bouquets all set up all channels decoding correctly I now attempting to add a usb hdd and try recording. i also want to set up recording to pc as an option too.

I have read the guide at the beginning of this thread. I get stuck after setup as there is no expert setup - communication setup.

I have a dm800. Is this different? its using the gemini project enigma 2 image.

Any advice appreciated

Aly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default recording to xbox

Is there a way to record from dreambox 500c to xbox hdd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linfield View Post
    Is there a way to record from dreambox 500c to xbox hdd?
    Probably if you set your Xbox as a Linux NAS by installing DamnSmallLinux on it.... but to be honest I wonder if the Xbox is up to it. It has a 10mbit ethernet, the Dreambox is 10/100mbit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Menu system differs from guide

Hi - I am a newbie - I have been trying to set up up my dreambox 500c to record directly to my PC but without joy.

I have succeeded in ftp'ing my box, and have set up a shared folder on my pc but now I am stuck - as my menu system differs greatly from that in the tutorial.

i.e. Using the remote select MENU > SETUP > EXPERT SETUP > COMMUNICATION SETUP > MOUNTS - does not exist on my box

I believe the image file on my dreambox is "Neutrino Dreamplus Ultra 2.03"

Any help would be gratefully received.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast