Register
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Recorded movies

Dears

I have Dreambox SM500-S and I have recorded fine, but I cannot find What I recorded from my dreambox; I can play it on my computer
    do I need to do any changes in my setup, I have done exactly what mentioned here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey

First of all I want to thank you for the Ngrab suggestion. I tried the OP's original solution but for some reason I couldn't get a successful connection between the DBox and my computer. I tried the Ngrab solution and I managed to connect and recorded up to 5 minutes before everything got terminated with no warning. I tried it a few times and the same thing happened.

I'm connecting through a router the connection never drops off so that isn't the problem. I can't for the life of me figure out why it keeps on getting terminated.

Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still having the Ngrab problem so I tried the OP's mount trick and I've finally managed to get it to mount but for some reason I get a message saying the storage is inaccessible when I try to record.

I have a DM500 with Gemini 4.2
    directory: movie and created a shared filed called movie in c:\ with read and write enabled. (I even tried movie within movie)
    Localdir: var/mnt/hdd (I tried mnt/hdd as well)
    Options: rw (I've also tried rw.soft.udp.nolock)
    Extra: nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
    I've set username and password and I've also got the IPadd set corectly.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm bitterly disappointed I've missed the liverpool v fullham match because of the whole Ngrab thing. I'm hoping I can get this set up before the next match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to mount a drive on my DM500c and record to a nas computer running freenas. I have followed this guide but still no luck

My nas server is accessble from any computer and has a static ip 192.168.1.111

My Dreambox has a static ip of 192.168.1.241

I can stream movies to my laptop from the nas so I know its setup correctly.

I accessed the dreambox via web interface and entered all my details as follows:

Click on CONFIG Button - Click on MOUNT MANAGER Button

Description: NAS server

Filesystem Type: 3

Auto Mount: √

Client Directory: /hdd/movie

Server Directory: TV

IP: 192.168.1.111

User Name: paul
    Password: dreambox123

Options: rsize=4096,wsize=4096 (left as default)

sync:
    atime:
    execm:
    noexec:
    ro:
    rw: √ (checked this box)
    nolock: √ (checked this box)
    intr:
    soft: √ (checked this box)
    udp: √ (checked this box)

Next I click save, when I return to the Mount manager I have a red cross next to the mount and when I click mount it still does not mount ! ? !

I think if I could the drive mounted I could prob do the rest eventually !

Any ideas please ?

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I am at the start of the guide, but when I go into the Sharing and Security Properties of the folder, I cannot change the "Share this folder on the network" and " Allow network users to change my files" options, they are that grey colour that you cannot change.
    Any help? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im having trouble setting this up on a DM800... I create a shared folder and then configure the path on the box, mount it and it says ok... but when I try ahd record it says "space less than 100MB" as though its using the internal memory of the box still. The mount says its active so is there some setting im missing to change the recording and timeshift versions to the PC instead of the box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Richdog View Post
    Im having trouble setting this up on a DM800... I create a shared folder and then configure the path on the box, mount it and it says ok... but when I try ahd record it says "space less than 100MB" as though its using the internal memory of the box still. The mount says its active so is there some setting im missing to change the recording and timeshift versions to the PC instead of the box?
    I've set up my DM500c per instructions here and get a similar message (i.e. harddisk is full) - although I have >100 Gb free! ??>.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've been able to setup a mount in the menu (it tests okay when asked to mount)

but when i try to record it says the drive is inaccessible

any ideas?

EDIT:

i've since used Ngrab to record to the PC - and playback using the softmodded xbox (with xbmc)
    Last edited by godsakes; 27th July, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It keeps giving me the same message. "CIFS monut '192.168.1.1/Dreambox harddisk' FAILED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was wondering if it is possible to record a channel while watching another one and if it's possible to record more the one channel at the same time.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can you connect up more than one DB to your network connect to your nas, and recover and play movies on all of then, are you limited to how much you can record!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NAS: DVR works, Ngrab doesn't

After much trial and tribulation, I got my NAS (Iomega Screenplay HD Pro) to mount on Dbox 500. However, I can only record using the Timer...record DVR function. I cannot record with Ngrab on the NAS.

The problem is that the DVR recording has missing frames and skips around - clearly unsatisfactory. I tried DVR recording from Dbox to PC and the result is the same. Ngrab-to-PC gives great quality.

I would love to find a way to enable Ngrab recording on the NAS. On the PC, I used a little program called Ngrab lite, but I don't know what the NAS analog would be. I tried putting something called "ggrab", but my feeble unix attempts ended in frustration.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

will this work for a 800hd box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks again for the tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still no result on a dm 7020s.
    I'm trying to mount a samba share on my ubuntu 9.10
    (I'll give it a little more try before I move my disk from PC to dreambox!
    )

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast