Register

Thread: DM500C HELP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500C HELP

Hi guys,

My device was working, until suddenly.. only green light on the device. nothing on screen.
    remote control not working. I read some threads back, saying I need to flash?

Also read on Newbie guide, stating I would need to connect a null cable to my PC.
    Is there a simpler way?

Appreciate any inputs in advance.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm afraid that is the only choice as DM500 doesn't have a LCD window to show you what IP address it has grab for it to work via thru a browser. Information from the sticky "Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup" Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwang View Post
    Hi guys,

My device was working, until suddenly.. only green light on the device. nothing on screen.
    remote control not working. I read some threads back, saying I need to flash?

Also read on Newbie guide, stating I would need to connect a null cable to my PC.
    Is there a simpler way?

Appreciate any inputs in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi novaol!

Thanks for your input. I guess I have no choice but to purchase one.
    Where can I get an Image file or .nfi file ?
    Just to add, there this mini disc that comes with the box. Are the images inside?