Register
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i try to use my usb for that thing it comes up with this
    ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret=4100)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by undercoverjamil View Post
    when i try to use my usb for that thing it comes up with this
    ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret=4100)
    So if your USB device is not listed on that page may be this is the culprit then. There is a USBLoader that will use SD card to load games as well as Hard Drive, I can't remember which one it is at the minute but will surely look it up for you.

Here you go matey. Try this, if it works then it is definitely your Drive.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ader-v1-4-720/
    Last edited by Yumraaj; 4th June, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yumraaj View Post
    So if your USB device is not listed on that page may be this is the culprit then. There is a USBLoader that will use SD card to load games as well as Hard Drive, I can't remember which one it is at the minute but will surely look it up for you.

Here you go matey. Try this, if it works then it is definitely your Drive.
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - SD/USB Loader v1.4
    thanks m8 i will see if it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh yeah i also found out what wads are and installed one on my wii. if it helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yumraaj, i see you have helped out a lot of people...hopefully i can get my wii working. like axess denyd i have tried 3 different usb devices:

-8GB Corsair Flash Voyager Thumbdrive
    -16GB Diesel Thumbdrive
    -Part Number: D60U2FM BUSlink Disk-On-The-Go - Hard drive - 60 GB

And all of them AND selecting SD gives me the (ret -1) error when it says it's mounting drives. While all 3 drives might not be supported it seems to happen so quickly (and it doesn't support the SD card too) that it makes me think it's not purely a USB loader error.

I softmodded my wii using the guide here - WiiSoftMod for you Wii! so I should have everything that this site says one should have. I actually got the DVD player to load games but they'd give me disc errors when I played them for a few minutes. The slowest my burner burns is 6X which might be too fast (I'm also using DVD+Rs if that makes a difference). Either way I'd like to get USB to work too.

Tried using USB Loader GX V 1.0 (r316) and Waninkoko SD/USB Loader v 1.5 and got the same message in both.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying for days to get this stuff to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mquicks View Post
    yumraaj, i see you have helped out a lot of people...hopefully i can get my wii working. like axess denyd i have tried 3 different usb devices:

-8GB Corsair Flash Voyager Thumbdrive
    -16GB Diesel Thumbdrive
    -Part Number: D60U2FM BUSlink Disk-On-The-Go - Hard drive - 60 GB

And all of them AND selecting SD gives me the (ret -1) error when it says it's mounting drives. While all 3 drives might not be supported it seems to happen so quickly (and it doesn't support the SD card too) that it makes me think it's not purely a USB loader error.

I softmodded my wii using the guide here - WiiSoftMod for you Wii! so I should have everything that this site says one should have. I actually got the DVD player to load games but they'd give me disc errors when I played them for a few minutes. The slowest my burner burns is 6X which might be too fast (I'm also using DVD+Rs if that makes a difference). Either way I'd like to get USB to work too.

Tried using USB Loader GX V 1.0 (r316) and Waninkoko SD/USB Loader v 1.5 and got the same message in both.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying for days to get this stuff to work.

I have read your post and even went to the page that used to softmod your wii, it looks like you have this fie missing "cios36 rev9" please click on the link below, download and install it. This will help your wii recognising your drive mate.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer

Hope this help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nah that didnt work either. But my sd card didnt work aswell and well my wii obviously recognises it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nah that didnt work either. But my sd card didnt work aswell and well my wii obviously recognises it.
    Have you formatted your HDD or SD as WBFS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks so much the CIOS_rev9 file you posted worked for me! now i only have to figure out how to make the USB loader a channel on the wii menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you formatted your HDD or SD as WBFS?
    no, but i thought your wii does that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no, but i thought your wii does that
    As soon you launch the usbloader it will ask you to format the drive if it is detected, format it otherwise you cant use it mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mquicks View Post
    thanks so much the CIOS_rev9 file you posted worked for me! now i only have to figure out how to make the USB loader a channel on the wii menu.
    Download this:
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - Usb Loader forwarder channel

Put it in wad folder in your sd card, install it using wad manager. That's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As soon you launch the usbloader it will ask you to format the drive if it is detected, format it otherwise you cant use it mate.
    thats the thing i don't no if it is detected it just gives me error messages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ugh--so frustrated!

Hello, fellow modders!

I just joined this message board in hopes that someone might assist me.

I found out about the hack from, and installed it according to, this website:
    How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive [Slick Tricks]

I never updated my Wii system menu (that I can remember) due to my installing the Homebrew Channel since it arrived on the scene. My Wii System menu still its at 3.2U.

You know what, the only thing that I have set up differently from that website's instructions, is that I replaced the cIOS36_rev10 with the cIOS36_13b, and that I swapped the USB Loader 1.5 with the Ultimate USB Loader v6.5. Also, I did not install the USB loader Forwarder channel, but rather the new, snazzy-looking WiiFlow Forwarder ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZRxmSbpWrI]YouTube - WiiFlow Forwarder[/ame]). Haha, I guess you can say that I took my liberties with following those instructions, haha.

Anyway, long story short, my problem seems to be the hard drive that I purchased for this whole USB backup operation. I purchased the Transcend 320GB 2.5" portable drive. I went with this drive because of the USB Wii HDD compatibility website (USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp).

You will notice that there is a 320gb Transcend drive that 4 people have sworn to its perfect operation. The drive they reported on is model #TS320GSJ25C. Upon a little research, I noticed a very similar Transcend drive with model #TS320GSJ25M. The only difference in the model # is the letter at the end. "C" stands for "classic", and the "M" stands for "Military". Both drives were on sale for the same price, so I went for the rugged, military version, assuming that the underlying technology would be the same. Afterall, it appeared as if every other spec of the two drives were identical.

Anyway, myself and a friend installed exactly the same way. His drive works fine (some little 80gb maxtor portable drive), whereas mine is barely ever recognized by either the USB loader app, or the WiiFlow forwarder channel. Both of our devices are USB powered. He and I tried troubleshooting our operation for all night the other night. We tried to figure out the constant variable in my drive's inconsistent performance (and when I say performance, I only mean it's being recognized, and not showing an error-1. I haven't even tried to play a game off of the drive at this point). We tried both of our drives on my system with the same results. Tried each other USB cords with the same outcome. We also tried each others' SD cards just incase there was a slight difference in how they were set up; still, his worked all the time, every time, and mine mounted like once out of every four or five attempts. It just seemed so random!

Anyway, I would appreciate any and all help. The Transcend drive that I bought mounts fine on my computer, so I know that the drive is perfectly operational. Also, being that it seems to be the twin of the drive that was reported to perform swimmingly with the USB HDD Loader, I feel like it should work better. I don't know much about all of the different loader app versions and revisions and updates and all of that other stuff. So maybe someone can help diagnose my situation with their experience on the subject. Thank you very much, brothers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDestroyer View Post
    Hello, fellow modders!

I just joined this message board in hopes that someone might assist me.

I found out about the hack from, and installed it according to, this website:
    How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive [Slick Tricks]

I never updated my Wii system menu (that I can remember) due to my installing the Homebrew Channel since it arrived on the scene. My Wii System menu still its at 3.2U.

You know what, the only thing that I have set up differently from that website's instructions, is that I replaced the cIOS36_rev10 with the cIOS36_13b, and that I swapped the USB Loader 1.5 with the Ultimate USB Loader v6.5. Also, I did not install the USB loader Forwarder channel, but rather the new, snazzy-looking WiiFlow Forwarder (YouTube - WiiFlow Forwarder). Haha, I guess you can say that I took my liberties with following those instructions, haha.

Anyway, long story short, my problem seems to be the hard drive that I purchased for this whole USB backup operation. I purchased the Transcend 320GB 2.5" portable drive. I went with this drive because of the USB Wii HDD compatibility website (USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp).

You will notice that there is a 320gb Transcend drive that 4 people have sworn to its perfect operation. The drive they reported on is model #TS320GSJ25C. Upon a little research, I noticed a very similar Transcend drive with model #TS320GSJ25M. The only difference in the model # is the letter at the end. "C" stands for "classic", and the "M" stands for "Military". Both drives were on sale for the same price, so I went for the rugged, military version, assuming that the underlying technology would be the same. Afterall, it appeared as if every other spec of the two drives were identical.

Anyway, myself and a friend installed exactly the same way. His drive works fine (some little 80gb maxtor portable drive), whereas mine is barely ever recognized by either the USB loader app, or the WiiFlow forwarder channel. Both of our devices are USB powered. He and I tried troubleshooting our operation for all night the other night. We tried to figure out the constant variable in my drive's inconsistent performance (and when I say performance, I only mean it's being recognized, and not showing an error-1. I haven't even tried to play a game off of the drive at this point). We tried both of our drives on my system with the same results. Tried each other USB cords with the same outcome. We also tried each others' SD cards just incase there was a slight difference in how they were set up; still, his worked all the time, every time, and mine mounted like once out of every four or five attempts. It just seemed so random!

Anyway, I would appreciate any and all help. The Transcend drive that I bought mounts fine on my computer, so I know that the drive is perfectly operational. Also, being that it seems to be the twin of the drive that was reported to perform swimmingly with the USB HDD Loader, I feel like it should work better. I don't know much about all of the different loader app versions and revisions and updates and all of that other stuff. So maybe someone can help diagnose my situation with their experience on the subject. Thank you very much, brothers!
    Try and install this one instead because people is reporting problem with Rev 10 and 13. Hope this help you mate.
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast