Register
Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Wii USB HD Loader

Hi here is what we have been all waiting for the USB HD Loader. The best thing since sliced bread. This will let you load all your backups from a USB HD so no more DVD's. This app is confirmed working.

Here is what you need to download

Digital Kaos - Downloads - USB HD Loader

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer

And for those that like the Channels in stead of loading via the homebrew channel

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel

Here is an update on this app as i'm sure there will be people unsure on how to set this app up.

--- INSTALLATION ---

01. Download the ZIP file,

02. Extract the ZIP file to the root of your SD card.

03. You should now have two new folders, in your "apps" folder ("cIOS rev9" and "USB Loader 1_0").

04. Launch the "cIOS Installer", from The Homebrew Channel.

05. When it asks you the type of installation you want to use, press Right, on the D-Pad, and select "Network Installation."

06. Watch carefully, to be sure everything installs successfully. If you encounter any errors, rerun the "cIOS Installer", until it installs correctly.

07. Reboot.

08. Plug in your chosen USB drive. If your drive has a power light, be sure that it is correctly powered on.

09. Reboot.

10. Launch the "USB Loader", from The Homebrew Channel.

11. If the USB Loader launches, and the black rectangular section contains no text, you will need to power cycle your Wii, using the console power button.

12. If you receive "ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem (ret = -1)", then your USB device is NOT supported!

13. If you receive a WARNING that no WBFS partitions are found, your drive IS supported!

14. Press the "A" button, to format a partition. (WARNING:: Formatting a partition will delete EVERYTHING from that partition. Be sure to backup any important data, BEFORE pressing "A".)

15. The next screen will allow you to choose the partition you wish to format. Select the partition, and press "A".

16. After formatting is complete, you will be presented with a games list (currently blank). The screen will also show the amount of used space, and the free space remaining (There is currently a small bug, in the free and used space listings. The correct size is not shown, but it still can be used.)

17. Insert a Wii game disc you wish to backup.

18. Press the "+" button, to backup the disc. (Depending on the game, a disc can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 45 minutes to backup. Example: Carnival Games only took 58 seconds!)

19. Once the backup process has completed, press any button, to return to the game selection screen.

20. Eject your game disc.

21. Select your game from the game list, and press "A".

22. Your game should load, and be fully playable, from the USB device!!

NOTE: Some games will backup successfully, however will still require the disc to be inserted during gameplay (This appears to be another bug).
    Last edited by DiddyDave; 31st March, 2009 at 08:26 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DiddyDave For This Useful Post:

pjrg (20th December, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiddyDave View Post
    Hi here is what we have been all waiting for the USB HD Loader. The best thing since sliced bread. This will let you load all your backups from a USB HD so no more DVD's. This app is confirmed working.

Here is what you need to download

Digital Kaos - Downloads - USB HD Loader

Digital Kaos - Downloads - cIOS36_rev9-Installer

And for those that like the Channels in stead of loading via the homebrew channel

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader Channel
    Finally! Ive just tested and it worked fine, only had one problem with SSBB on single player (the game hang and the wii drive lit)

The rest is working just fine! Thanks for the channel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default With system 4.0

I installed this with system menu 4.0 and works perfectly. Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sznaps For This Useful Post:

jelenko75 (31st October, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just tried the usb loader and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the tut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you create the channel for USB Loader? There is a 1.1 version out now. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does it load games that you already downloaded from the net?(iso format). Thanks

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by yumraaj View Post
    Does it load games that you already downloaded from the net?(iso format). Thanks
    Yes what you need to do is download the WBFS GUI and save it to your desktop
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - WBFS Injector

Then plug your USB Key or drive from the wii in to your pc DONT FORMAT IT just close the box. The run the WBFS program the click add iso and then just wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Update from 3.1E to 3.3E

I'm currently running Wii System Menu 3.1E and am reluctant to update to the new version 4 update. Is there any way to update manually to version 3.3E (or 3.4E so I can downgrade to 3.3E).
    The reason for the upgrade to 3.3E is I tried to load the USB Loader but get error messages saying unable to find the USB subsystem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can confirm that this is working on my Wii just great. All I need now is the channel download.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiddyDave View Post
    Yes what you need to do is download the WBFS GUI and save it to your desktop
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - WBFS Injector

Then plug your USB Key or drive from the wii in to your pc DONT FORMAT IT just close the box. The run the WBFS program the click add iso and then just wait.
    Thanks for replying brother. One more question, as you probably know this that the Wii can only read FAT32 and Wii doesnt allow big files on it and wii games are around 4.37g, so how is this possible?Thanks

Found the solution for the above problem but there's more problem I cant seem to install the CIOS installer at all, it keep gives me error. My network is initialized. Is it something to do with my menu system coz Im on 3.2E???? Has anybody got the CIOS Installer as WAD file? Any help or suggestion is welcome. Thanks again
    Last edited by Yumraaj; 3rd April, 2009 at 07:19 AM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eugol14 View Post
    I can confirm that this is working on my Wii just great. All I need now is the channel download.

Thanks.
    The channel is in the downloads section if you want it...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii USB HD Loader 1.1 Channel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a maximum size HD the Wii can handle? Looking at getting this if it's any good....

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Drivestation-500GB-External-Drive/dp/B001EKW0O4/ref=pd_cp_ce_1?pf_rd_p=136153791&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000LQA652&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL 5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0MWJ761EZZZWNSV2N4HS]Buffalo Drivestation 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does it work on 4.0?

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maisto View Post
    Does it work on 4.0?
    Only if you used the fixed Menu 4 update if you did the Nintendo Menu 4 update then it would of stooped all your home brew stuff from working any more.

See the downloads section for the Fixed Menu 4 update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what format does the drive need to be in before connecting to the wii for USB Loader to recognise it? FAT32 or NTFS!!! Thanks.

Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast