Register
Page 298 of 449 FirstFirst ... 198248288293294295296297298299300301302303308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 6724
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as macca says this thread was something akin to a love in,then you come in and spoil it! us pool and man u fans will be exchanging birthday cards next. then you come in and have the cheek to accuse man u of cheating we are trying to build bridges then you try to knock them down.get a grip of yourself man!
    Last edited by spondulick; 9th January, 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: wrong thread, apologise

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasminandrio View Post
    No its 3 match straight red but if they lose the appeal should go up to a four match ban!!
    I thought andy was maybe a yellow as the intent wasnt so but as for sgerrard I thought straight red
    Well done for keeping your control

On your post I think zee is correct here and the ban is automatic 4 games as he has previous sendings off. I am not sure if this will give 5 should the appeal fail however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Two players from UTD in FIFA ideal team of 2011.

Rooney
    and of course Vidic

~~~~ing injury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Messi wins FIFA player of the year for the 3rd year running

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zee24 View Post
    Messi wins FIFA player of the year for the 3rd year running
    And rightly so there isnt another player on the plannet that is in the same class as him. Barcelona are just in a diffrant class to everyone else amazing team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgerrard View Post
    you didnt take your foot of the gas, you ran out of ideas against a better side than you....and it showed

nani's reaction told the whole story here......he didnt even think it was a foul
    you dont seem to know as much as you claim to as one sentence proves. it aint up to nani who's penalised,that's the refs job.you seem to be better suited to mind reading than commenting about what took place.
    Last edited by spondulick; 9th January, 2012 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by true red View Post
    And rightly so there isnt another player on the plannet that is in the same class as him. Barcelona are just in a diffrant class to everyone else amazing team
    He is a great player but if you had the team like him around you especially Xavi then you would win the award. I would not say he the best in the world since he can't do it for the national team. he wins the award cause he is known around the world and is very marketable to FIFA.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Confirmation on the Kompany case
    He gained automatic 4 matches
    Since appeal he now misses 2 games Wigan and Spurs, should the appeal fail he will then receive the 4 matches plus one extra on top.
    Possible 5 match ban

To add my opinion I at the time thought it very harsh yet also stupid and reckless from the player. On reflection after seeing it more times I thought the red card justified, you cannot leave the ground two feet and studs showing and then complain. Kompany asked the official to make a decision with his own action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by true red View Post
    Well I would put Ronaldo right up there with him, personally I think Messi is a more skillful player but I think Ronaldo is a more complete player and scores more goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    He is a great player but if you had the team like him around you especially Xavi then you would win the award. I would not say he the best in the world since he can't do it for the national team. he wins the award cause he is known around the world and is very marketable to FIFA.
    To say he can't do it for his national team is very harsh, think about it...would you say George best wasn't the best in the world at his time ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

City without both Toure's, Balotelli (although he could be back on Weds) now Kompany lets see what their made of

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aleister crowley View Post
    Disgraceful what went on today. Only just feel up to posting and still annoyed.

Fckin cheatin Man U

Is that why you can only afford Scholes cos you need the money to pay the refs off?

The Kompany red card was probably the most blatant act of 'match fixing' I've seen in a long while. Even Nani thought it was a fair tackle,he carried on and the ref wasn't interested till the granny shagger started waving his hands.
    Mancini believes it as do the rest of the players.

Come on Liverpool.
    What about Mancini doing the same thing last week at anfield waving his hands trying to get one of your players carded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leotheloin View Post
    What about Mancini doing the same thing last week at anfield waving his hands trying to get one of your players carded.
    hes a City fan not LFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm an ardent Liverpool fan and to be honest I can't stand Manchester United or talking about football to anyone who supports them..

However sometimes I think Liverpool fans need to take their red tinted glasses off..

If that tackle was by a Man Utd player on a City player people would have been screaming RED CARD..

Lets look at why..

Kompany goes in strong and fast, has both feet raised, although grounded, studs of both boots are raised, he DOES NOT make contact with Nani (unfortunately ) and DOES win the ball cleanly.. So NO RED CARD i hear some cry..

FIFA Laws of the Game: Law 12

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, side, or behind, using one or both legs with excessive force and endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

Serious Foul Play = RED CARD

I've underlined the two parts to show how hard and fast can EASILY be construed as excessive force.

Whether Kompany made contact with the ball or not is completely irrelevant, the laws of the game clearly state excessive force.

If you don't agree with the Laws of the Game then that is hardly the fault of the referee who is there to apply the laws of the game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is also implemented within the laws of the game that scissor tackles end in ejection.

In association football, a player tackles an opponent by taking control of the ball from them. This is achieved by using either leg to wrest possession from the opponent, or sliding in on the grass to knock the ball away. The target of the tackle must always be the ball, otherwise it may be deemed as illegal by the referee, especially if the player makes contact with his opponent before the ball, or makes unfair contact with the player after playing the ball. If the tackle comes from the front or the side and succeeds in touching the ball first a player may still be penalised if the tackle endangers an opponent.[3] Tackling with both legs is illegal. Although tackles from behind were formerly illegal, tackles can now be legally made from any direction, so long as contact with the ball is made and the tackle is not excessively dangerous.[4] This explicitly includes "scissoring" (tackling with legs apart, so as to trap the opponent's leg or legs in between), which is likely to be punished with a straight ejection (red card), as it poses a high risk of severe knee injury to the player being tackled. If a tackle is deemed legal, then play continues.
    Tackling with studs up is considered dangerous, although it is not always punished.
    Taken from the wiki but it still of interest, I think maybe perhaps Aleister has calmed down but I can see his distress.

Edit : for link to information
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_%28football_move%29
    Last edited by redtide11; 10th January, 2012 at 12:08 AM.