Register
Page 408 of 449 FirstFirst ... 308358398403404405406407408409410411412413418 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 6724
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Also said to be in the hunt for Geoffrey Kondogbia

who seems remarkably like pogba

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    cant see him offering much more than evra tbh i think money better spent elsewhere but i am not against him and would welcome him but would rather keep evra too buttner is a liability

btw heard a rumour garay is house hunting in north west
    Same again with this Garay, we have Vidic Rio and when they retire or leave for another club we have Smalling and Evans even Jones who are as good as them in that position, so where again do we need anymore of the same players, this is going to be a long month with all these players coming in
    Sir Alex Ferguson in 1988

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Been not on for the past couple of weeks been in rehab and not cos of the booze got the leg done out came the old nuts bolts and pins top of the range stuff in there now.
    Had to learn how to walk everythings fine but sore was told that it will take up to 2months and all will be well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leotheloin View Post
    Been not on for the past couple of weeks been in rehab and not cos of the booze got the leg done out came the old nuts bolts and pins top of the range stuff in there now.
    Had to learn how to walk everythings fine but sore was told that it will take up to 2months and all will be well.
    And...

Lol hope your recovery is fine and you can walk good again. Thought they normaly take the pins bolts out and don't put any back in m8

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Good luck with the recovery,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy1967 View Post
    Same again with this Garay, we have Vidic Rio and when they retire or leave for another club we have Smalling and Evans even Jones who are as good as them in that position, so where again do we need anymore of the same players, this is going to be a long month with all these players coming in
    Dont agree Vidic and Rio at the minute need wrapping in cotton wool, careers could be finished any minute

Evans is our next best and Jones although does a decent job wherever he plays has not shown to me yet he has enough to play centre half week in week out, and seems also injury prone to little niggles

Smalling is not good enough, he is decent and can play well but he is not a top drawer centre half and he also seems to pick up lots of niggles

Centre half is a good idea IMO

Baines at 8 Million is good business 12m is too much and the reported 16-20m is ridiculous he is 28 year old left back, personally i would have bought him from wigan he was a good player then

If we have an abundance of fit centre halfs why has carrick played there a few times?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    Dont agree Vidic and Rio at the minute need wrapping in cotton wool, careers could be finished any minute

Evans is our next best and Jones although does a decent job wherever he plays has not shown to me yet he has enough to play centre half week in week out, and seems also injury prone to little niggles

Smalling is not good enough, he is decent and can play well but he is not a top drawer centre half and he also seems to pick up lots of niggles

Centre half is a good idea IMO

Baines at 8 Million is good business 12m is too much and the reported 16-20m is ridiculous he is 28 year old left back, personally i would have bought him from wigan he was a good player then

If we have an abundance of fit centre halfs why has carrick played there a few times?
    Carrick played there twice if I remember correctly, Everton game was one of them, we had P Jones out with a back injury, C Smalling foot, J Evans ankle, Rio with a groin injury and Vidic first game back from 9 months out from cruciate ligament surgury, that's 4 out of our 5 senior centre-halves against Everton, SAF could'nt ask teenage defenders S Wootton and M Keane to play against Fellaini and Jelavic, he left Rafael out and put Valencia as right back due to Everton's heights in players. Hopefully we will never have them all with injurys at the same time again and use Carrick their instead of the midfield where he was missed in that game.
    Baines will cost us more than 8 million if we do buy him, hopefully we can keep Evra at UTD too if the deal does happen.

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy1967 View Post
    Carrick played there twice if I remember correctly, Everton game was one of them, we had P Jones out with a back injury, C Smalling foot, J Evans ankle, Rio with a groin injury and Vidic first game back from 9 months out from cruciate ligament surgury, that's 4 out of our 5 senior centre-halves against Everton, SAF could'nt ask teenage defenders S Wootton and M Keane to play against Fellaini and Jelavic, he left Rafael out and put Valencia as right back due to Everton's heights in players. Hopefully we will never have them all with injurys at the same time again and use Carrick their instead of the midfield where he was missed in that game.
    Baines will cost us more than 8 million if we do buy him, hopefully we can keep Evra at UTD too if the deal does happen.
    Happened season before with carrick centre half too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thiago Alacantra's deal apparently been held up by a release clause, similar to his current deal

I say give him it

You can see his reasoning he wants to play and would be the reason he leaves Barca for us is purely gametime.

If he is not good enough to play 30 games then he can leave for the buyout fee 20 million euro supposedly

If he is good enough there is no buyout fee and he will play much more

On that basis its simple, buy him

Only issue i can see arising is injury, if he gets injured for 5 months say they needs to be some kind of counter clause

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

all the best mate (did they replace the bolt in your neck as well)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thiago to 'very weak' Manchester United midfield is practically done, according to 'Vox populi' in Barcelona

They're giving up in Barcelona on Thiago, which is quite a surprise given that many Manchester Untied fans had done the same following the footballer's 'I love Barcelona' tweet, accompanied by a photograph of him and his brother dipping their feet in a rooftop pool. Manchester may not have the sun to match Barcelona, although Monday had a glorious afternoon, but that isn't what interests Thiago if the stories of his World Cup dream are to believed.

They are understandable, he turns 23 in April and probably feels his warrants a place in the Spanish squad for Brazil, his family is from the country and his father represented the Brazilian national team at USA '94, there's just so many reasons why Thiago will be desperate to make the plane.

The Catalan newspapers are largely moving away from their spiteful view of the potential transfer, the toys have already been chucked out of the pram and Sport say it's now known in Barcelona that the player is leaving. They say it's 'Vox populi', a Latin phrase which means the voice of the people but better translates to 'word on the street'.
    Sport reckon Thiago won't change his mind and Andoni Zubizarreta has been unable or unwilling to change it for him, or prevent the player leaving for his transfer clause by other means, meaning the deal is on the verge of happening.

The only dig at Manchester United is calling the midfield 'very weak' and some fans of the club would agree with that. Even the 'weak' insult is explained by the loss of Paul Scholes and advancing years of Ryan Giggs, they're starting to sound a lot nicer in Spain about the situation.

The threats, pushed through the Catalan media, of making Thiago pay the fee personally and therefore being liable for income tax (read more here), have disappeared and Sport make a point of saying that even though he'll be paid far more, he's leaving for football reasons. It's another turn on a sixpence from them and could have something to do with reports in Spain at the weekend that Manchester United were willing to pay a little extra to help smooth the deal through.

The clause issue has already been picked up by many English websites and Sport explained in their newspaper today that Thiago wants to be allowed to leave next summer for a relatively low transfer fee if he isn't played a lot by the club. They explain that he's good friends with Giovani dos Santos, who all but disappeared at Tottenham Hotspur, and this has giving him a little concern.

Mundo Deportivo mention the Bayern Munich connection but that's again just down to them speculating regarding Pep Guardiola and they've been quite alone in banging that drum. They seem to have given up too and have a section explaining how well the player would do in the Premier League, saying he could follow in the footsteps of players like Michu, Arteta and Cazorla and make a quick and good impact. One of their journalists even says that choosing to move to Manchester United is a good idea and he'd be going at just the right time to boost a midfield which needs it.

However, it's Sport who explain how the deal is all but done and the word on the street in Barcelona is that Thiago is going to Manchester United, with much of the wrath directed at Andoni Zubizarreta.

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Welcome

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Yea you're welcome to em bug eye

or maybe

THE TRUTH
    The Hillsborough Independent Panel. 12/09/12

Today's report is black and white.The Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster.
    The panel has quite simply found 'no evidence' in support of allegations of 'exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans' and 'no evidence that fans had conspired to arrive late at the stadium' and 'no evidence that they stole from the dead and dying'.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulld0g For This Useful Post:

zee24 (1st July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The crew

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Walking into the Champions of 2013

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)