Register
Page 435 of 449 FirstFirst ... 335385425430431432433434435436437438439440445 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 6724
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

?4.5m severance package plus ?5m signing fee.

Wasn't there something about a Glazer meeting van Gaal a few weeks ago

I really wanted Moyes to succeed, but anyone can see that he's not Man Utd material. Best of luck with your career Dave, hope he can pick things up and deliver at a mid sized club.

This is the first time in months that this thread hasn't been filled with smug scousers about Moyes
    Sir Alex Ferguson in 1988

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thankfully it's all come to an end. Just watching the paddy show. ... @paddy he's still sticking up for Him .

Haven't heard about that meeting but I hope it's true.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Damn he's been sacked was hoping he would be there for years, so much for the chosen 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THANK FCUK FOR THAT
    Now go and show him "Giggsy" how to do it.
    I think the players will all give 100% for him unlike Moyes.
    if Giggsy does well he might get the job. I think knowing the lads and getting them to play for you is a massive help and IMO is ahead of experience.
    I say give him a go next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default Manchester United Thread

Tbh I think this is very short sighted of Manchester United and I never thought them as a club that would panic like that- wasn't he on a five year deal ffs.
    Looks like some kind of Player revolt and that stinks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    Tbh I think this is very short sighted of Manchester United and I never thought them if a club that would panic like that- wasn't he on a five year deal ffs.
    He was on a 6 year deal mate. He was going nowhere with this job. He believed it was to big a job for him and didn't have the bottle to do what he needed to. He was tiptoeing around players instead of making his mark. His style of football was the killer. ...utd is all about attacking football. .. and we would never see that under him. Giggs will do a great job.... Just wish he'd had at least 10 games to show his worth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
    He was on a 6 year deal mate. He was going nowhere with this job. He believed it was to big a job for him and didn't have the bottle to do what he needed to. He was tiptoeing around players instead of making his mark. His style of football was the killer. ...utd is all about attacking football. .. and we would never see that under him. Giggs will do a great job.... Just wish he'd had at least 10 games to show his worth

You would have said the same about fergies first year in charge. The players should have a good look at themselves so e of them are the highest paid in this country yet they gave zero effort to the man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tbh I think this is very short sighted of Manchester United and I never thought them as a club that would panic like that- wasn't he on a five year deal ffs.
    Don't agree.
    His walk from the tunnel to his seat would have been a nightmare for him.
    Watch the reaction Giggsy gets against Norwich.
    Last edited by Hob; 22nd April, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You would have said the same about fergies first year in charge. The players should have a good look at themselves so e of them are the highest paid in this country yet they gave zero effort to the man.

No I didn't. .. Because of the style of play under him and atkinson before him. . And before him. ...moyes just didn't have it. Nothing personal. .. But he was not the man for the job. He was bought in because he can stay at a place for a long time as proven with his past.... On a tight budget. .. and glazers would like to keep on taking money out. .. If he done a mediocre job he would have stayed. .. But he was soooo shoiuioutttt they had no choice but to get rid of him

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Because the man is a first class Scouse Knob and look where he has helped put Liverpool.

Fergie turned a losing squad into winners, Moyes turned a squad of winners into losers.
    Fergie broke all the right records, Moyes broke all the wrong ones. Simples.................

Moyes came from scouseland now he can go back there with his head held high, and have the scousers welcoming him back with open arms, he has done a great job for Liverpool this season...
    Last edited by aftermath; 22nd April, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    Because the man is a first class Scouse Knob and look where he has helped put Liverpool.

Fergie turned a losing squad into winners, Moyes turned a squad of winners into losers.
    Fergie broke all the right records, Moyes broke all the wrong ones. Simples.................

Moyes came from scouseland now he can go back there with his head held high, and have the scousers welcoming him back with open arms, he has done a great job for Liverpool this season...
    Fergi came to us late 86 how long did it take him to win to win the league.. six years..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Can't compare to fergie.... But your missing the point. ... moyes dosen't have a style of football that will win anything now or in the future. .. and it's definately not pleasing on the eye or the utd way. You never know it might have done him some good in his career. ..I hope he has learned to give it a go and not be so scared of losing. ... which. ..ultimately means losing

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
    Can't compare to fergie.... But your missing the point. ... moyes dosen't have a style of football that will win anything now or in the future. .. and it's definately not pleasing on the eye or the utd way. You never know it might have done him some good in his career. ..I hope he has learned to give it a go and not be so scared of losing. ... which. ..ultimately means losing

As far as im concerned moyes is dead and buried he's gone.. Im not comparing anyone with anyone just stating facts that it took fergi 6 years to win the league. You want another fergi to come in and play attacking f/ball to do that you need players to do it and we haven't got them yes we won the league last year and LBH it was a poor league we won. Lets have a look at the players we have how many of them would get into any top team,, 3 maybe,, our mf and defence is dire as they were last year. I have great respect for past players but i hope the class of 92 don't get the job on long term because it will be a fergi show.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

We won a Poor league where liverpool finished 7th.... and didn't make any new signings. ... and didn't have suarez for the first part of this season. ... and they are top and about to win the league. .... so how poor is this year's league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you can get players to play like that for you who needs managerial experience.
    The job is yours Mr Giggs .......and why not?
    i haven't seen Manu play like that all season.....superb