Register
Page 437 of 449 FirstFirst ... 337387427432433434435436437438439440441442447 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 6724
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Didn't want to kiss the camera tonight then Mr Slip up
    Sir Alex Ferguson in 1988

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

amazing that you managed to even get out from under your rock but missing for days when the shower you follow lose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

See what happens when you bring Moyes to your club

"This isn't just a job to me." "It's a mission. I am deadly serious about it. Some people would reckon too serious. We will get there, believe me. And when it happens, life will change for Liverpool and everyone else - dramatically."

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy1967 View Post

the bloke in the hat isnt ar$ed bout the score, he`s just realised he`s on live tv with the ugliest group of Norwegians ever seen.
    wtf, the chins/neck (checks ? nins ? ) on that dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

IMG_46188754655578.jpg He who laughs last.....
    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Im pleased with Van Gaal appointment he is a proven manager with medals to back it up. Pleased he has took Giggs on and i also hope he keeps Scholes and Butt too

He will probably ruffle a few feathers and Rooney is mooted to be the first, but i have no issue with any of that

He likes young players because they listen and improve, so we may see some more acadamy players next year again to mix with the inevitable influx new signings

Fletcher is probaby finished, carrick had his worst season and Roy Keane was right about one thing Jones, smalling and Rafael went backwards under moyes. They will need major improvements next season.

Surely Young will be on his way, Janko probably be the next t join wilson from reserves to first team

Reus would be a cracking signing if it could be pulled off, im looking forward to new season now....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

His first interview on UTD

Got the transcript.
    Tan: So you?re the new manager, since when has United been talking with you?
    LVG: Not that long really, since around the time when Moyes got fired. It?s normal for these negotiations to take long, but people don?t seem to understand. Because a lot of business has to be settled between the club and manager. And you need to talk about the players you want to keep or get. The pre-season program. And also about the youth academy on which they want me to advise them. So we had a lot of conversations.
    Tan: So the club calls you for negotiations with your agent.
    LVG: No I do all negotiations myself. I just have a friend who are specialized in fiscal matters, who handles most talks for me. Because if I negotiate myself there will be a certain report with the person who will hire you, which doesn?t strike me as ideal.
    Tan: What is your most important goal?
    LVG: Well the goal is to be number 1 again as quickly as possible. The goal is to not only achieve this with star players, but also with youth products. Nowadays it seems to be ?fashion? to do that. So most clubs like that end up talking with me.
    Tan: Because your quality is that young players who still have a lot to learn, you can teach them your vision and teach them how to become better?
    LVG: Yes, but that could also be older players. Because also young players could be different and dislike a certain vision. It doesn?t have a lot to do with age, it may seem so, but it?s not. I can say from experience.
    Tan: So tell me in England they like to use a manager who controls everything like transfers and such. Will you also be taking those tasks upon yourself?
    LVG: Yes.
    Tan: And is it true they have 100m to spend?
    LVG: About money we don?t talk. I talk about players I would like to get, and I ask them if that?s possible. We still have to see what happens. They will have to negotiate the transfers. I only tell them which players I like to keep, I would like to get and which players are allowed to leave.
    Tan: There is one player I think who could leave United. Because at the Dutch NT you have 30 players and he?s not there. (Buttner) So I imagine if you?re not good enough for the Dutch NT are you good enough for Manchester United?
    LVG: Well you could say stuff like that, but I can?t talk about that. This wouldn?t be good for Buttner if I answered this nor would it be good for United or for me.
    (Mourinho Interview plays)
    Tan: How is your relationship now that you become opponents?
    LVG: That doesn?t matter. If we play each other, he wants to win and I want to win. He is the first person I sent a text message to after my family. And he texted me back saying he was jealous of the clubs I have trained at. He made sure to especially mention AZ Alkmaar.
    Tan: Does this United business interrupt with your Dutch NT business.
    LVG: No because a manager is different from a player. A player has to make a decision on the pitch within a split second. A manager has 30 to 60 days to think about a lot of stuff. I have done all my work for United during my off days. Today I stayed in Holland where everyone thought I would go to England, because I had to work on the videos of the Ecuador match from last week. I could also have gone to Manchester, but I decide the times when I have can deal with my business. But a player has to perform in a match right away.
    Tan: Do the players understand this? Or do you try to explain this to them? Because if you do it, don?t they think they should be able to do so as well. (This is a reference to LVG saying that players who are in transfer talks, have less chance to be selected because they will be with their minds elsewhere, like thinking about moving and how to deal with their families, etc.)
    LVG: No, because like I just said a manager and player are completely different. But I did try to conclude the deal as fast as possible so I can now focus as much as possible on the Dutch NT.
    Tan: So what?s your schedule like with United? Do you need to be back at number 1 within one season? What did settled on with them?
    LVG: Well they think it should be possible within one season. In Spain and Germany I also became champion within my first season, so it?s possible to do so as well in England, but there can be only one champion. If you succeed in doing so, you should be very proud you did.
    Tan: How do you compare United to the other clubs you trained at? (Lists clubs LVG trained at) And then there is United a top club in decline. How do you look at the club?
    LVG: Well Manchester is the biggest club of the world. When it comes to marketing and their budget, so a club like that needs to play at the top. Because in general your performance gets judged by your budget, but in England you also have Arabic owners who can spend even more. Nonetheless we have to take on the challenge of becoming first again. Which is a great, but difficult challenge.
    Tan: And how difficult is it to have someone as SAF on the background? Such a great manager who has won everything. Is his blessing needed?
    LVG: Well I will obviously have a drink with him, which I have done plenty of times. We like each other. I was going to succeed him 10 years ago when he was considering to retire. I don?t think it will be an issue, especially because I put more pressure on myself than others can do.
    Tan: There were a lot of reactions. (Lists a few example, LVG can make a cake out of a turd, etc.) What did you tell Woodward that made him like you so much?
    LVG: I explained him my vision just like I did at Bayern, Barcelona and AZ. When I talk with the board I always explain them my vision and what is needed and which staff I?m going to bring. That?s what impressed him and I explained the exact same thing to the owners.
    Tan: Is it also that a club needs to interview with LVG? (In Dutch this means that clubs need to convince van Gaal that THEY would be a great fit for him.)
    LVG: I didn?t call United, I didn?t call Bayern. They called me. Which as you know is difficult, because nobody knows my phone number only journalists do, so it has to go through a lot of channels before it reaches me. Which is something I?m proud of, that even though I have no agent nor go out a lot, I pick the clubs when they come. I think I said it in October or November that I would resign after the world cup. The appointment of Hiddink as new Dutch NT manager took 3 months, which is much longer than it took with United.
    Tan: When will you move? I imagine your wife will decide that because you?re so busy?
    LVG: Exactly. At the club I have only talked about my vision, the preparation for next season and the players. Because I only dealt with them in my off days there wasn?t a lot of time. But she will take care of that so don?t you worry.

Sir Alex Ferguson. (20)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andy1967 For This Useful Post:

rds60h (21st May, 2014)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

You gotta a lot things wrong there m8 i know it's only pre season training but really impressed with the young players he has giving a chance the back 4 and mf where brill some of the passing was outstanding so m8 lets look forward to a great season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I think the place has had a lift they seem to have adapted to his 3-5-2 pretty quick yes its pre season but so was last years crap

This year you have a coaching team and management worth listening too and a guy who commands respect. Moyes at no time had that

I never bought into the players were all shit and fergie left them in a mess, he did by hiring Moyes but the team left behind was a lot better than people made out

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Very promising from what I've seen so far. ... looking forward to some football again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Still need 2 central defenders that have experience playing in this formation, and another playmaker in Midfield IMO.

I thought against Liverpool we were 2nd best, we seemed to be chasing the ball a lot, the 3.5.2 formation is supposed to allow teams to keep the ball and more freedom, but against Liverpool it was not the case. Against Real Madrid it worked and it was a good game, even though they were without a few first team players, but so were we.

I would like to see us keep kagawa because he can be a great squad player when we have injuries, he can play in many positions.

get rid of Anderson, Nani, cleverley, Fellaini.

Fletcher is looking ok, but was awful agaist Liverpool.

Our main man this season will be Mata, and i am looking forward to seing him with these guys going forward ( Rooney, Van Persie, Januzai, Young ) not a bad attacking line up.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Agree with AM only seen the replay of the game i though both teams were poor but who is he going let go,, the above you mentioned i would hang on to fellaini i know he was crap last season but who wasn't,,watched him playing for everton many a time and he was a decent player so lets not judge him on half a season i'd be worried more about rvp injured again the guy doesn't heal quickly same when he was at arsenal out more often then in anyway nice to get one over the pool before the season starts.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Watched three games over the weekend united /pool / and city / and we were poor compared to the other two.
    Not taking anything from Swansea at home beggers me.. mf and defence were dire.. i was praising mf and defense during there pre season.. after watching sats game it was like last season didn't end. Pool v Southampton decent game to watch Southampton unlucky not to take point and City i can understand why the bookies have them favorites.