Register
Page 6 of 449 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Default @ all Man Utd fans

Is Berbatov the biggest waste of money ever.

ive watched every game he has played in for Man Utd, and i have to say he is letting the team down, he is the laziest player to wear a red shirt i think.

I feel sorry for Tevez who is class , and is struggling to get in the starting 11 @ the mo...

?30.000.000 could have got 2 players for that.

I hope he makes me eat my words but somehow i dont think so.

Cantona was a bit Lazy but he could make things happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Raven;49640]So you're from Essex and you're a life long Manchester United fan ? Was you born in Manchester ? Because to my knowledge the general concensus is that most Manchester born and raised footy fans support Man City.....it seems every tw@ else whose hometown club is either semi ametur or non existant supports Man United. Glory grabbers!

Yup there's no bad blood here, I'm just putting cantona7 in his place....

Seriously though I'm just stating my own opinions and observations and that's as far as it goes there's no real malice in it. QUOTE]

yes im definately from essex,but doesn't my 520 mile round trip to games just more show my loyalty to the only league team i've ever supported!!!!!
    as for glory grabbers what glory was i watching right through the eighties week in week out,year in year out winning no league titles for 26 years,
    im not a 20 year old who has known only winning way's so yes i might gloat a bit now and then but after all those years in the wilderness of winning nowt i think that is at least half deserved!!!
    as for everyone from manchester supporting city,i'm afraid that is just like an urban myth invented by bitter scousers and more bitter leeds fans who sometimes go in about long past glories!!
    and as for my local team( SOUTHEND UTD)i'm actually half trying to persuade my 7 year old to support them so he has not got the driving i do most weeks to footy,but at the moment he is defo a man utd fanso would that make him a glory hunter when he still does not fully understand where manchester is in relationship to southend either in geographical or in footballing status???
    as for putting me in my place not quite there yet!!!looking forward to continual banter though!!
    one last thing i'm probably going to regret asking are you from leeds???and do you go to matches or watch sky and sing in your living room????may you have a pleasant day!!!

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    just noticed this thread and i coulnt agree more you have to support your players while they are at the club so while ronaldos here you have to be behind him(i think he will be gone after next season though)

then when there gone you can slag em off ronaldo will never be classed as a true united legend like scholes unless he stays until no longer wanted by the club

in 20 years time ronaldo will be looked at in a global sense of being the best player of a generation like maradona 20 years earlier but he will never be a LAW,BEST CHARLTON,MACARI,BUCHAN,ROBSON,CANTONA,KEANE,GIGGS OR A SCHOLES because of the real madrid thing and the fact he is a w****r but he will be suppoted hugely by the fans while he is here

BUT MUFC WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WHEN HES LONG GONE CREATING NEW LEGENDS ALONG THE WAY.............wont be long b4 we have the next sumfink or other theres always someone who comes along
    very well put the red!!like you say at the moment he is a great player but if he leaves at the end of the year(and i think he will)he will never be a utd legend!!!
    and i truly believe if it had not been for fergie /utd training regime who paid just under ?13 million for a relatively unknown kid (as a replacement for beckham)he would still be a one trick pony who falls over in a good wind!!

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post

ive watched every game he has played in for Man Utd, and i have to say he is letting the team down, he is the laziest player to wear a red shirt i think.

I feel sorry for Tevez who is class , and is struggling to get in the starting 11 @ the mo...

must admit hes work rate is not that great but i do think that he is a class player who is going to come good and make a massive difference and he definatly has that match winning touch
    as for tevez GREAT player with an even better attitude to not giving up on lost balls etc,pure class the quicker they sort out his contract the better!!!
    the only problem with tevez's game is he alway's makes me feel he is going to be sent off.
    as for cantona what can i say footballing legend

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesn't matter how much you support your club now - and you can paper over the cracks as much as you want to because it's dead easy to support a winning team and it still doesn't change the fact that you chose to support a team other than your hometown club and so you much like alot of people chose to support Manchester United. Why was this ? Especially when as you say in the 80's they were by no means successful and if anything playing poorly (hmm I wonder if it's because of the fact that they still were a top flight big club with a certain history and your hometown club wasn't).

To answer your question yup I'm from Leeds, born and raised and say whatever you want about Leeds United but I support my hometown team and more importantly I stuck with them when we crashed through the divisions so I am definitely not a glory supporter (not that we ever achieved owt but a top 3 finish and a champions league semi final run when we had a decent team at the turn of the millenium).....but like I said it's easy to support a winning team/big club whereas it's much harder to support a team when it's in a real crisis....just ask Krazylegs if he is having fun supporting Newcastle at the minute - but for some of us supporting our hometown team is in the blood and that is something that glory fans can never understand because they decide to latch onto and support a big club instead. And you know it.
    Last edited by Raven; 8th October, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post

i myself have kept a close eye on berbatov lately and he improved 100% in the blackburn game to previous matches

i admit watching him for spurs i thought he was a class act and would slot in nicely and bring the best out of rooney

but seeing him in a united shirt made me think different he is going to have to up his game immensely even his performance in the c/league with two goals was very poor

when you have 2 forwards like tevez and rooney they make berbatov look bad with there workrate effort and quality

i do think he will be a player but he needs get up to the united way very quickly at blackburn he showed glimpses of quality but he needs more than that to survive at united

with the greatest respect we are not spurs and he needs to up his game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    It doesn't matter how much you support your club now - and you can paper over the cracks as much as you want to because it's dead easy to support a winning team and it still doesn't change the fact that you chose to support a team other than your hometown club and so you much like alot of people chose to support Manchester United. Why was this ? Especially when as you say in the 80's they were by no means successful and if anything playing poorly (hmm I wonder if it's because of the fact that they still were a top flight big club with a certain history and your hometown club wasn't).

To answer your question yup I'm from Leeds, born and raised and say whatever you want about Leeds United but I support my hometown team and more importantly I stuck with them when we crashed through the divisions so I am definitely not a glory supporter (not that we ever achieved owt but a top 3 finish and a champions league semi final run when we had a decent team at the turn of the millenium).....but like I said it's easy to support a winning team/big club whereas it's much harder to support a team when it's in a real crisis....just ask Krazylegs if he is having fun supporting Newcastle at the minute - but for some of us supporting our hometown team is in the blood and that is something that glory fans can never understand because they decide to latch onto and support a big club instead. And you know it.

so what you trying to say that he should give it all up and support southend now

in my book you support who you grow up with through thick and thin and you never ever change your team

for the record i dont think you would have grew up supporting wakefield fc from the unibond northern league if they were your local team

isnt it funny how people who live near big clubs are so self righteous
    Last edited by thered; 8th October, 2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

totally agree red if berb thinks he can be all & mighty without doing any
    work for the team then i think fergie will slap it out of him or
    slap him on the transfer list (back to spurs in jan window)
    WIGAN ATH the BLUE BRAZILIANS
    DWSTADIUM the theatre of SCREAMS

<<<<--------if i've been helpful hit the Thanks button

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

yeh m8 maybe but somehow i dont think they will have him

i think he will come good there were signs of improvement in the blackburn game

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

You dont have to suport your local team, but i suppose its easier to get to the games.

everyone has their own reason for supporting their team, i for one supported Man Utd since a 10 year old ( and i am from Newcastle ) yet i still have a soft spot for Newcastle. The fans deserve more in my eyes.

I supported Man Utd because as a kid, i remember my first football strip , and it was man utd, so i guess its stuck since then.

Also at around the same time they had a player playing with the same name as me, and i used to think it was kool and he was me,

Plus it helps, as every season UTD have at least one crowd pleasing Player.

Another thing is that because Man Utd are the most succesfull team in present times, and people hate seing the same team keep winning, it causes a lot of Jealousy and hatred between opposing fans.

I personaly think you should be able to support who you want as long as you stick with them, its no good them going down and you change your team, thats deffo a no, no for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

thats what i say mate i couldnt agree more and i bet there was a lot of people at the time when you was young supporting mufc in newcastle

the ones who make me sick are the ones who change as they got older and pretended they supported them all there life

when really most joined when kevin keegan was manager

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not saying that cantona7 should change his team now (where the hell did you draw that conclusion from ?) what I was saying was he made a decision a long time ago to support a much bigger club than his local team. Therefore by definition he is a glory supporter. No offence intended but that is the label for fans that do this.

As for the Wakefield thing, well firstly I'm not from Wakefield if I was then I would have supported Wakefield, but I'm from Leeds and so I support Leeds United. We are in League One now and I still choose to support them (look at Hull they are in the Prem now but do I support them ? hell no)....again I don't know where you base your responses from "red" because they don't follow any logic. I didn't say anything about Wakefield nor did I suggest Cantona7 change team support so I don't know where you came up with them from, but I comment anyway.

Anymore takers ?
    Last edited by Raven; 8th October, 2008 at 11:02 PM.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Its sad to see threads go this way, what starts off as good intentions, and then get dragged down into a debate.

I understand their is a rivalry between Man U and Leeds , the same as Man U and City or man u and Liverpool.

My opinion is not to let a bit of banter upset the members, i understand you cant please everyone, so we must try to make an effort to make the forum a friendly place.

and please dont let what happens at the football matches to spill over to the forum.

Yes, we all have our opinions, and yes we should be able to speak of them.

But its not worth getting upset over a few words on your PC screen, it cant and wont hurt you.

If we do see that certain threads are heading for a collision course, then we as Moderators will step in and nip it in the bud.

Lets keep it friendly. that is for everyone, i will hold no preferences as to which football team as ive seen this all before. And we must be sensible about it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree totally mate, the good of the community must come first because that is too precious a thing to piss away and is the thing I value most about this place as it's such a rare thing to have such a camerarderie or however you spell it .

I have to say though that I don't go looking for trouble but I will speak up if I feel offended or insulted by something or if I feel disrespected....especially if two people are having a perfectly fine and light hearted debate (which it was and still is, I apologise if my posts came across any other way) and then a third party takes it upon himself to give the thing an ugly tint by saying something offensive and insulting in another section of the forum......and seemingly get away with it.

I agree though that "slanging matches" should be stopped before they start, I just don't think it's right that a minority of people are allowed to openly stir the shitstorm without reprecussion, because they don't care about the community.

I do. And I do my best for it........ it's just there are times when you have to speak up both for yourself and for the overall good of the community in the short term and in the long run. That's what I am doing. As are you.
    Last edited by Raven; 8th October, 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I agree totally mate, the good of the community must come first because that is too precious a thing to piss away and is the thing I value most about this place as it's such a rare thing to have such a camerarderie or however you spell it .

I have to say though that I don't go looking for trouble but I will speak up if I feel offended or insulted by something or if I feel disrespected....especially if two people are having a perfectly fine and light hearted debate (which it was and still is, I apologise if my posts came across any other way) and then a third party takes it upon himself to give the thing an ugly tint by saying something offensive and insulting in another section of the forum......and seemingly get away with it.

I agree though that "slanging matches" should be stopped before they start, I just don't think it's right that a minority of people are allowed to openly stir the shitstorm without reprecussion, because they don't care about the community.

I do. And I do my best for it........ it's just there are times when you have to speak up both for yourself and for the overall good of the community in the short term and in the long run. That's what I am doing. As are you.
    just a thought seen as how you totally agree with everything thats been said by aftermath why do you still have to have your little digs in every post you write ive read your posts and all you are like a little lapdog

by the way i didnt say you lived near wakefield i said if....theres a difference learn to read

and who are you trying to kid mr self righteous