Register
Page 7 of 449 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I am not saying that cantona7 should change his team now (where the hell did you draw that conclusion from ?) what I was saying was he made a decision a long time ago to support a much bigger club than his local team. Therefore by definition he is a glory supporter. No offence intended but that is the label for fans that do this.

As for the Wakefield thing, well firstly I'm not from Wakefield if I was then I would have supported Wakefield, but I'm from Leeds and so I support Leeds United. We are in League One now and I still choose to support them (look at Hull they are in the Prem now but do I support them ? hell no)....again I don't know where you base your responses from "red" because they don't follow any logic. I didn't say anything about Wakefield nor did I suggest Cantona7 change team support so I don't know where you came up with them from, but I comment anyway.

Anymore takers ?
    raven when i made the choice of supporting man utd i was 7 years old and didn't even now where manchester or for that fact where london was geographicaly they were not anywhere near the team they are today.locally to me at that time most kids my age supported either west ham or spurs and for many years took stick supporting a "big"but at that time average at best team,there was no "glory in man utd cause they were not winning owt.
    as a home town supporting fan i can see why lots of people like youself call me a glory hunter but how does that relate back to the early and mid eighties when i was still travelling all over the country supporting the only league team i have only ever supported.
    unlike aftermath i did not have a player with the same name as me in the team,and you now what i cant even remember making the decision to support utd,i just always have.
    dont get me wrong i can see why you think like you do(even if you are wrong) cos as a supportor of utd i have seen many people jump on the bandwagon(which i cant prove to you on here that i have not)plus its good banter as well
    going to the replys above this one between yourself and aftermath i have no bad feelings and hope to continue with good (FRIENDLY)banter.
    as for your last line i await in eager anticipation for your possible(probable)reply
    have a nice day

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    just a thought seen as how you totally agree with everything thats been said by aftermath why do you still have to have your little digs in every post you write ive read your posts and all you are like a little lapdog

by the way i didnt say you lived near wakefield i said if....theres a difference learn to read

and who are you trying to kid mr self righteous
    thered do you want to get this thread closed and be the person who ruined it for everybody because you are going the right way about it in taking the low road of insulting me, obviously I'm getting to you!

As for the mr self righteous thing hey I care about the community here and how it presents itself, obviously you don't. If that makes me a "lapdog" then I'm proud to be one. Not that I care what you think to be perfectly honest.

Let's see you insult me calling me a lapdog (I had to laugh) and then you insult my brother in another thread - are you asking to be banned or what ? Because you are well and truly barking up the wrong tree and with the wrong people here.

If you haven't been warned about your offensive conduct I think you should be and take it into serious consideration.
    Last edited by Raven; 9th October, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I can remove this thread too if this carries on guys!

You know we're a friendly forum and you all should have enough constraint to leave alone! Stop taking the piss!
    Last edited by Devilfish; 9th October, 2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cantona7 people call you a glory supporter (including myself ) for the simple reason that you chose to support a big club in the big league (even if they weren't winning owt) rather than being associated with or giving your support and money to your local team. That's it. In a nutshell. Obviously it doesn't help that United became so successful and that 80% of their fan base around the world are glory supporters. Answer me this if United were relegated tomorrow and lost all their stars and money would you still support them ? probably but I don't think most of their fanbase would they'd just move on to Chelsea or Manchester City.

Devilfish apart from thered's comments this is friendly banter between me and Cantona7. There's no problem between me and him we're just having a laugh.....all the bickering came from thered taking things upon himself to push things too far.
    Last edited by Raven; 9th October, 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

thats were you would be wrong again because when mufc got relegated in the 70's they were still the best supported club in the country

you cant change whats engrained into you after 30 years on a whim they are glory boys

mufc will always be the biggest club in britain even now with all there money and success chelsea struggle to sell tickets for every game

because they have no history

mufc is the biggest club in the land by far and it was built on a tragedy in 1958 and the legends who died.

it was lifted by the legends that followed to the superpower of british football and always will be

this is why mufc will always be massive with or without any trophies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Cantona7 people call you a glory supporter (including myself ) for the simple reason that you chose to support a big club in the big league (even if they weren't winning owt) rather than being associated with or giving your support and money to your local team. That's it. In a nutshell. Obviously it doesn't help that United became so successful and that 80% of their fan base around the world are glory supporters. Answer me this if United were relegated tomorrow and lost all their stars and money would you still support them ? probably but I don't think most of their fanbase would they'd just move on to Chelsea or Manchester City.

Devilfish apart from thered's comments this is friendly banter between me and Cantona7. There's no problem between me and him we're just having a laugh.
    if utd went bankrupt id never support another league team like i do man utd (with man utd tattoos over my arms id look daft)because there is only one utd(no pun meant)
    but as a football fan i WOULD still go to matches but i would follow rather than support the team(southend utd)and i do go watch them even now.
    if(and hopefully it will never happen)man utd got relegated a couple of times hey ho meet you in leeds for a beer or five cos you'll still be in 1st division
    ive followed utd through thick and thin since 72/73 and will do till the day i die or the day utd are no more(and that aint going to happen)
    and glen PLEASE dont pull the thread pretty pretty please
    Last edited by cantona7; 9th October, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

when the sea gulls follow the trawler,it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cantona7 View Post
    if(and hopefully it will never happen)man utd got relegated a couple of times hey ho meet you in leeds for a beer or five cos you'll still be in 1st division
    Lol nice one m8, I think Ian Huntley will be out before we are! Nah we are pointing in the right direction now and with the -15 points deduction a non factor this season we WILL go up this year (we would have mathematically gone up automatically last year had it not been for the -15 points)
    Last edited by Raven; 9th October, 2008 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

maybe we can now talk some footy

what do you all reckon to the young right back i think he looks promising

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    maybe we can now talk some footy
    I thought that's exactly what I was doing.....

I say this every season but they always start poorly, but I think Liverpool could well win the title this year if Keane starts banging the goals in aswell as Torres. They usually start off crap but this year they started really well - could be promising!
    Last edited by Raven; 9th October, 2008 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

cant see it they will come unstuck as usual normally against the lower teams i dont think they have the consistency for a full season yet

and the jurys still out on keane he could be the next diego forlan the more games he takes to score the harder it will become pressure will mount

bit similar at utd with berbatov but i think it will click in a few weeks but i only really see chelsea as a they as they are consistent and hard to beat

i just think fergie is a bit scared sometimes to play football i have noticed this even going back to last season in big games we come flying out of the blocks first 20 mins or so dominate games get a goal and try to hold on to a one nil this is not utd and it doesnt work

c/league final played chelsea off the park first 25 min then try to hold on same against liverpool the other week also same against chelsea again the other week it doesnt work

when we on top we should keep going

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's the way it is for most teams though, unless you have a team like as defensively sound and powerful as Chelsea then sitting on a 1 or 2 goal lead doesn't work. Leeds United had a nack for doing it everytime when we were in the Premiership, we would go 1 nil up against a team after having been playing them off the park and then we would decide to sit on the lead for the last half an hour and be biting our fingernails as the opposition came on to us. Why we did it I'll never know and why other teams do it I do not know....attack is the best form of defense....it's just if you have a lead you want to protect don't play risky passes in the defense.

As for Robbie Keane I still think him and Torres could be brilliant together....Keane has taken a long while to score for Liverpool but it sometimes takes time....as you said look at Berbatov for you....but we all know Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov are cracking players when they are in full flow, and correct me if I'm wrong but Liverpool are there or there abouts at the top of the table right now and usually it's the first half of the season that lets them down....and you don't win the Champions League as often as they have or get to as many finals as they have if you are not a team capable of winning the title. I still reckon United were lucky to win the Champions League last year, when Terry missed that penalty (poor sod) he slipped and the ball still struck the post it could have gone anywhere....then Anelka fluffed his penalty that won you the trophy (did he look bothered ?) and the rest is history.
    Last edited by Raven; 10th October, 2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

yeh i just think its something we have developed over the last year or two we were much more cavalier in days gone by and killed teams off seems to be a recent thing in big games to adopt this policey of score first then hold on and try to win on the counter attack

but what do i know it won league and c/league last season even though i agree with a bit of luck but we did play them off park till they got that lucky goal then it was one way traffic and backs to the wall

even so ryan giggs did miss the chance of the game in extra time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's just it you won the premier league and champions league last year and you have just about the worlds best player right now playing for your club....so what are you complaining about ?

You have nothing to be complaining about.

When your team isn't where it should be in the league (or not in the league full stop) then you have things to be complaining about.

I don't mean for that to come across as me being funny with you I was just making a point that you have nowt to be moaning about considering you were so successful last year and the position your club is in.

It's like what Venables said if you fear death you won't enjoy living, and it's the same thing here if you focus on the negatives you will end up taking the positives for granted.
    Last edited by Raven; 10th October, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

you always need something to moan about

happiness leads to complacency in my book and last season is what it is last season

still think we will do ok though

as for earlier we touched on robbie keane i have always rated him quite highly but there seems to be a big gulf in playing for the so called big 4 and a whole lot more pressure and plenty of people come up short

im not saying robbie will because on paper b4 liverpool signed him you would have thought they would have clicked straight away

i know things can take time but the clock is ticking and the pressure is mounting i can remember 2 players at notts forest who were superstars at the time gary birtles and peter davenport he could go the same unless he breaks his duck soon

but now ive said that he will probably go on a scoring streak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

well i am wrong robbie keane didnt go on a scoring streak nevermind eh

shame the scouse lot still won though its not very often rocky dennis gets a couple is it i bet his mum cher will be so proud

4-0 yesterday didnt play very well really the score flattered a bit like england kazakstan.ronaldo is far from at his best(is he interested?)berbatov although scored is far from the finished article and was poor.

plus points rooney again he's in good form the young right back's gonna be a big star and a 4-0 sounds good without your best centre midfield combos but fletch doesnt do a bad job he has come on loads over the last couple of years anyways

bring on celtic tuesday