How to fix missing channels for the newbies - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it does go to a site but not the one I need.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fejinwales View Post
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it does go to a site but not the one I need.

same link found straight away:

Astra 2E - PBS UK - 12110 - H - 27500 - 2/3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goes to a site that says the domian is for sale and there are links to sat companies etc and even Masters Degree stuff.... Worst part is that a long time ago I had what I'm looking for bookmarked but now it's gone. I know the links on this post don't work though I'm pretty sure this is where I got the original link all that time ago. I just want to get PBS America back as the new list caused freezing issues and I had accidentally deleted PBS before backing up my original TP. Then I have to find how to do it again.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fejinwales View Post
    Goes to a site that says the domian is for sale and there are links to sat companies etc and even Masters Degree stuff.... Worst part is that a long time ago I had what I'm looking for bookmarked but now it's gone. I know the links on this post don't work though I'm pretty sure this is where I got the original link all that time ago. I just want to get PBS America back as the new list caused freezing issues and I had accidentally deleted PBS before backing up my original TP. Then I have to find how to do it again.
    As well as deleting the dots before the f & after the s, you need to delete the dot between the f & s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Can someone help me i have an openbox v8s, i have managed t get to the TP list and can see the channel frequency but when i press the blue button it don't seem to be doing anything.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi When you see the channel frequency do you see the signal strength??? Or try a blind scan and see how many channels you pick up.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No for the channels i can view see the signal strength but on the channels that are showing no signal i see grey signal strength

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi Its probably because you are looking at frequencies that dont work anymore or other problems. In my opinion the best thing to do is a blind scan this will tell you if there is something wrong with your setup.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What i have found from doing some research is that the channels that are giving "no signal" message have moved transponder and i need to get the new transponder/frequency to get them back up and running but i do not want to update my current custom channel list.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi Its what i told you ie channels have changed frequencies you can do a blind scan and see if missing channels come back or you need to enter the new frequencies manually and do a TP scan. Either way your channel setup will need amending as the old channels dont work anymore. To be honest to make a channel list is not that difficult or you could always take the lazy road and copy someone else channel list which may or not be to your liking.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi guys I have a skybox 5, some of my channels are now missing (havent used Aj's update in quite some time). I'm looking to delete all my channels and load AJ's new list to my skybox but I have lost my link as to how to do this step by step.

Would you be able to help me with this link? I know its probably on a sticky somewhere but I cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Stick to the same thread mate posting in multiple threads just gets confusing

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jayob10 View Post
    Hi guys I have a skybox 5, some of my channels are now missing (havent used Aj's update in quite some time). I'm looking to delete all my channels and load AJ's new list to my skybox but I have lost my link as to how to do this step by step.

Would you be able to help me with this link? I know its probably on a sticky somewhere but I cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...=1#post2570068

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,087 Posts

Most openboxes with new firmware you will now able to get auto channel list, cwaite and aj’s going to be thing of the past…
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    Most openboxes with new firmware you will now able to get auto channel list, cwaite and aj?s going to be thing of the past?
    Just on your message there with new firmware do you think the channel list will auto update withouy downloading, any help be great , when is this due out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast