Digital Photography.
Register
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Digital Photography.

Believe it or not I can post serious threads so here goes.

Is there anybody on dk thats into digital photography.
    If there is, what camera you got etc etc.

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pumpy View Post
    Believe it or not I can post serious threads so here goes.

Is there anybody on dk thats into digital photography.
    If there is, what camera you got etc etc.
    well u know i am pumpy got a sony 4.2 meg pix 3 optical but the picture quality is amazing for 4.2 got loads of features 1 is multi burst which is like slowmotion vid carl ziess lens will take upto 4 gb memory stick brill camera im upgrading to a sony with 15 optical soon more pervo power

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I got a Panasonic TZ5, after my house was burgled, I aint that happy with it.. on paper it is the dogs bollocks, but I am forever getting crappy pics.
    Before the burgalry I had a Pentax optio 555 and I have had some great pic from it, only 5megapixel but in my opinion, megapixals aren't everything.
    I got a new Pentax optio underwater job too, w60 I think, another insurance job, and I am reasonably chuffed by it. I got one great pic in Egypt which is in my album on here.

I am after an SLR tho..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

awreet Gb.

Nothing wrong with 4.2meg, the more megapixels only mean you can enlarge the final image without loosing quality.

Ive got an old Olympus which is the size of a small brick.
    A Canon izus 950is compact, which is a brill little camera.
    And just before xmas I moved to SLR's and bought a Canon 450d.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xant14 View Post
    I got a Panasonic TZ5, after my house was burgled, I aint that happy with it.. on paper it is the dogs bollocks, but I am forever getting crappy pics.
    Before the burgalry I had a Pentax optio 555 and I have had some great pic from it, only 5megapixel but in my opinion, megapixals aren't everything.
    I got a new Pentax optio underwater job too, w60 I think, another insurance job, and I am reasonably chuffed by it. I got one great pic in Egypt which is in my album on here.

I am after an SLR tho..

Megapixels are just a selling ploy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got a cannon 8megapix from argos 6 weeks ago, ?49.99 reduced from ?100, think there still in the catalogue, not realy my thing cameras but i have to say this is an excellent camera, great screen great pics, took the one on my avitar of the bike, as well as others, made a few bob on ebay with it to!, all in all great value 10/10
    Faster than Faster

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My kids got me a Nikon D50 for my recent birthday. I'll still be reading the instruction book when I am 80

I can't wake up Grumpy now in case I am accused of Dwarfism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yamar1 View Post
    i got a cannon 8megapix from argos 6 weeks ago, ?49.99 reduced from ?100, think there still in the catalogue, not realy my thing cameras but i have to say this is an excellent camera, great screen great pics, took the one on my avitar of the bike, as well as others, made a few bob on ebay with it to!, all in all great value 10/10
    Yer can't beat a Canon. I love my Ixus950, takes great stills and good quality movies too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forntida View Post
    My kids got me a Nikon D50 for my recent birthday. I'll still be reading the instruction book when I am 80

What do you think of it????
    And were you interested in photography before you got it?????

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you think of it????
    And were you interested in photography before you got it?????
    Yes, I've been into photography since away back in the fifties. I used to develop and print my own. It was only black and white in those days. I used to like looking at National Geograhic just to see the brilliant pics colour or black and white.

I went off it for about 10 years due to illness. Looks as if I will be back onto it when I learn how to use this machine.

When my boy was about five he asked me if everything was black and white in the old days. That let me know he had logic. He could not understand why old pics were all black and white.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, I've been into photography since away back in the fifties. I used to develop and print my own. It was only black and white in those days. I used to like looking at National Geograhic just to see the brilliant pics colour or black and white.

I went off it for about 10 years due to illness. Looks as if I will be back onto it when I learn how to use this machine.

When my boy was about five he asked me if everything was black and white in the old days. That let me know he had logic. He could not understand why old pics were all black and white.
    Your a bit of an old hand at it then.

Ive always liked taking photo's and with the onset of digital ive snapped away like a mad ike.
    Only in the last 6 months have I tried to get my head round it a wee bit more. Then I bought the SLR and thats when things started getting really complicated, I never knew taking a good picture could be so hard.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your a bit of an old hand at it then.

Ive always liked taking photo's and with the onset of digital ive snapped away like a mad ike.
    Only in the last 6 months have I tried to get my head round it a wee bit more. Then I bought the SLR and thats when things started getting really complicated, I never knew taking a good picture could be so hard.
    If you are aesthetic the pics will just jump out at you. Action shots are the most difficult. Scenery is in the eye. Below is a pic I took in Lincs many moons ago. I was out walking with the kids, that is them on the bridge. I walked past this scene and just happened to look back. Could not resist putting the kids in the pic. It won a national photo competition with it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

The 450D is what I want, I had chance of a really cheap 350D, but, me being a c*nt, not happy unless I have the best. Now the 500D is due soon, I suppose I will stay umming and ahhing until the 550 is out.
    Technology eh! who needs it... 'Computer off'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If you are aesthetic the pics will just jump out at you. Action shots are the most difficult. Scenery is in the eye. Below is a pic I took in Lincs many moons ago. I was out walking with the kids, that is them on the bridge. I walked past this scene and just happened to look back. Could not resist putting the kids in the pic. It won a national photo competition with it.[/IMG]
    Nice shot, its the reflections in the water that won it for you I reckon.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Have you seen my fish? and its good friday too!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast