Toyota Harrier Driving me Crazy, Engine stalls
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Toyota Harrier Driving me Crazy, Engine stalls

Hi Guys,
    I have logged in after long, was occupied with personal matters. Please give me suggestions on this challenging problem. I got a Toyota Harrier ACU30 model. Its a 4 Cylinder 2AZ-FE engine. The car had a problem of stalling while driving. I towed it to my workshop and proceeded to diagnose it with my Launch X431. I got an error code for Engine Immobilizer Malfunction which i promptly erased. When i started the car it kick started nicely and then when i revved the engine a little, it cut off again. Hooked up the diagnosis machine and no fault code was found. The car refused to start again. I checked the security indicator inside the car and it was off indicating the immobilizer was normal. Again the car cranked but no start, I proceeded to change the fuel pump and fuel filter as i thought the car was cutting off because of low fuel pressure. After replacing both, the car started fine...but stalled again. Launch was again giving no errors. Now the car is just cranking and not starting. I checked the Fuel Line, All the sensors like Cam, Crank, Knock, Air Flow, VVT Oil Control Valve, and just about everything...still the car would not start. I have also checked all the EFI relays fuses, disconnected aftermarket alarm but still the problem remains. I cross checked the immobilizer with diagnosis and it shows no issues. I have tried starting it with valet key with no success. I figured the injectors are not getting power for some reason when cranking the engine as when i start the car by putting petrol directly into the throttle body the car starts but stalls again after the fuel is burnt inside. So my question is, what is stopping the injectors from firing fuel? Where else do i check?
    I have tested the injectors by giving them external power from outside and they squirting the fuel with no blockage whatsoever. Please give me suggestions.... Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hello! fisrt of all please see if uou have power on injector mean + when you kranck...
    Did you follow that supply line of injectors?
    Follow that line, from you description I think is a broken/coroded wire on injector supply section.
    Please tell more details!
    p.s. please check with osciloscope signal from krank and cam senzor at last 5 seconds of kranking, i have somethyng like that, car starts then cutt off (same like vw do when immo problem is), so in my case the cam senzor refuse to give signal after 4 seconds of crank!
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by mipmf; 18th August, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have logged in after long, was occupied with personal matters. Thanks

No excuse NOT to log into DK.

Not 100% sure if talking about the same fault/car, but rumor states, well some thick window fitter was saying, rubber pipe between the inletmanifold and rocker box, he had problems, new spark box ?400, nil poi, rubber pipe cured.

no idea if the 'common fault' spark box pules injectors or not.

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Some toyotas if detect miss fire switch off injectors
    Simple worn plugs cause this
    Go look at parts with eyes
    First look at old school mech - to many plug in and pray
    Go back to basics first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for suggestions guys, really appreciate...I have changed the plugs also but no change. I will check the signal from the cam and crank sensors. Can it be the immobilizer? But i dnt get any unusual data from the diagnosis machine. One question, if i remove the immo from the car,will it get disabled or will it still prevent the car from running? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ok, today i replaced the engine control unit and paired it with the immobilizer by shorting terminals in the obd socket. The car is behaving the same way. Please give me suggestions what prevents the injector pulse? I have checked the supply from Ecu to injectors and no problem found? What else could it be?