Please help Looking to buy a freesat Hdr box
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please help Looking to buy a freesat Hdr box

Hi All
    Im looking to buy a freesat + box im currently with sky and i cant be arsed to pay sky ?20 a month anymore just to record & watch free to air channels so im after a alternative can someone tell what is the cheapest box to buy where i can record and get all the iplayers like bbc,itv,4od & 5 demand

ive seen the Humax HDR 1000s (free time) but its a bit out of my price range at the moment is there anymore like this on the market

thx for looking
    woka

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Humax are probably the best at this sort of Receiver now as they have been since Freesat started but as you say they still command a price, An alternative would be to look in the bigger high street supermarkets Asda/Tesco at there own barnded receivers and see if they have anything on a par to what Humax are offering

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

try e-bay m8 first generation humax hdr are coming down in price you might be able to pick a bargain up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

hb-1000s is a cheap option as you just use a usb hdd/memory pen, can be had for 100 notes new