cool tv guide
Register

Thread: cool tv guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default cool tv guide

downloaded latest cool tv guide from website but want to know how to get the icons on the side as it shows on the website page (picture below of what I mean, on left hand side where says sky cineme etc )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pspmixer For This Useful Post:

jojo36 (20th October, 2013)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Use a usb create a folder called picon and insert in rear of box download the specific and latest ones you want.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

download plugins from menu and when downloaded gives you options of install plugins,picons are on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    Use a usb create a folder called picon and insert in rear of box download the specific and latest ones you want.
    can you create a zip file and attach as don't know what you mean by specific and latest ones (I like all 28.2 channel icons )

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Dont take this the wrong way but would you like someone to call round to your house and do this for you.

Dougalmcd and cactikid have pretty much explained what you need to do to get what you call Icons to match the Channel ident.

1. you will need a USB stick placed into the rear of your box with a Folder called 'picon' inside it

2. do a search for the 'Picons' (Channel Icons) for what ever satellite you want say 28.2? east for instance

3. place these inside the 'picon' folder on USB stick and reboot your box making sure that the USB stick was correctly mounted in the first place.

Dont get me wrong here but with this thread and your other asking about streaming on a Vu Solo2 might i suggest that you so call walk before you can run or you are in danger of information overload.

You need to Grasp the basics of a Linux receiver and understand it's working's before you go leaping into unknown territory.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way but would you like someone to call round to your house and do this for you.

Dougalmcd and cactikid have pretty much explained what you need to do to get what you call Icons to match the Channel ident.

1. you will need a USB stick placed into the rear of your box with a Folder called 'picon' inside it

2. do a search for the 'Picons' (Channel Icons) for what ever satellite you want say 28.2? east for instance

3. place these inside the 'picon' folder on USB stick and reboot your box making sure that the USB stick was correctly mounted in the first place.

Dont get me wrong here but with this thread and your other asking about streaming on a Vu Solo2 might i suggest that you so call walk before you can run or you are in danger of information overload.

You need to Grasp the basics of a Linux receiver and understand it's working's before you go leaping into unknown territory.

Regards
    can I put on box hard drive instead as don't want to have to leave usb in all the time

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

I'm still knocking about