DM500HD - Can not flash new image
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500HD - Can not flash new image

Hoping to get some help here. I flashed my DM500HD with this image below by mistake.

Nemesis2.6-dm500hd-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(107r5)

Now I cannot contact the box to flash a new image. It does not responds when I enter the IP address in the address line and select "update firmware".
    Anyone have an idea what I can do before I throw it away and get me a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you tried to hold down the power button on your box then flick the switch at the back to power up the box. The fan should be standing still and the lights inside on red and led on front green. You are now going to look into your router to find the address of your box, you may have to do this a couple of times if you like me have a lot of items connected to the router. Once you have found your address you can flash the box if you have done this right.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

you need to flash the box via your web browser with the correct bootloader
    dm500hd -dm500hd v2-vu+duo- triax 1.1m - inverto lnb - technomate 2300 motor- linksys ddwrt router

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, turn off the box from the power cable. Then hold down the stand by button on the front for 10 seconds, keep holding it while you turn the box on from the power cable,
    Should go green with MAC/ IP etc address. Open up browser and go to the ip address of your box and flash your new image file

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I always use the Japhar Flasher
    I can screw and diagnose, for chiptuning I need your help