Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm looking for a new image, this looks great, can you tell me if the onDemand plugin works? (ie bbc iplayer, itv, etc)
    I have a built in HDD, will I have to configure this myself, or is it pre-configured?
    - Thanks to those who deserve them, and none to those who don't...
    - DM 800 HD - Clone | DM 800 HD SE - Clone | Openbox S11
    - weedman

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

the HDD will be automounted on 1st boot so no need to worry bout that, the plugins you mention are not pre-configured, however you can certainly install them yourself from the download panel within the image, or ftp the ipk to /tmp and manual install with "software manager" plugin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to southpaw For This Useful Post:

weedman (29th May, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Image upgrade fails for my DM800se

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    THIS IMAGE IS FOR SIM2 DM800SE ONLY !

I have tweaked the latest pli 4 on my sim2 800SE clone and finally got it running sweet, have created a backup for any who wish to try it, when I first flashed it I noticed a dramatic increase in pic quality and the box seems nice an zippy due to the latest dmm drivers finally being cracked by sim2 team, I have done the following to this image -

removed -systemplugins fastscan+ osd3dsetup+ ppanel+ hdmicec+ module-rt2500usb-rt2800usb-rt73usb+ e2-helper+ sambaserver+ cablescan
    removed wireless support as i only use hard wired , you can re-activate if you download modules from server in plugins menu
    removed all language bar Inglish

added cooltv
    added crossepg
    added xmltvimport
    added autobouquet
    added nfi flash tool to create this backup

to install this image your box must be at ssl84a/b/c/d
    obviously put box in "stop" mode
    enter i-p from oled screen in web-browser address bar
    flash file sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi (do not boot box yet)
    after sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file has flashed, in address bar re-enter the i-p address (or open a 2nd window and enter i-p again)
    flash 2nd file OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi

boot box ,
    backup has dhcp enabled and autobouquet is set for "North West Granada HD" area. user can change to personal choice
    this backup will give a full epg if you configure your usb stick (which will automount on boot)
    to setup epg do- menu- setup- crossepg- configure
    configure crossepg to use your usb in "storage device"
    in xmltv providers tick "rytec uk xmltv" only
    save

then go to plugins and select "epg import"

choose a time suit yourself Attachment 229076

click blue for sources and again select "rytec uk xmltv" only
    ok/green
    then to start the download/import hit yellow for manual

let it do it`s stuff and hopefully that will give you a full epg for 5 days, (you can change the 5 to a 7 if you want in "load long description up to x days" (see screenshot above)

think thats everythin, i have done a lot of experimenting and believe this is the best option for sim2 SE boxes available
    enjoy

LINK - sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpdwzx2hm0...0SE_SSL84D.nfi - OE-exp-dm800se-2013-11-09-15-22.nfi https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbarua5ld4...1-09-15-22.nfi

--------------------------------------------
    to display picons on your oled screen , download file "skin_user.xml.zip" and unzip it

download here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9vlsnn5e44tn8j/skin_user.zip

when uncompressed, it should be a dotXML file type , ftp file "skin_user.xml" to directory /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml

download picons folder and unzip it, make a copy of it and rename the copy folder "picon_oled" (without quotes)
    you should now have 2 folders, "picon" and "picon_oled" , ftp them both to media/usb

picons download here-
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnc1x4ozi92oqup/picon.zip

reboot and you should now have picons displayed on box`s screen

I have a dm800se and tried to use the above files namely the two nfi files (bootloader and image). Now all I get when using sunray dreamup is incorrect or obselete file, this goes for any image that i try to install (even the image i had working prior to the above install). When my DM boots i can see that the ssl is 84D. So dreamup wont work and all the browsers Ive tried wont allow the download even once i got on dreambox upgrade page (IE, Chrome,Maxthon) flash button doesnt seem to work.
    On dreamup ethernet download hangs and loses connection and on serial via usb it completes but says incorrect or obselete image box will be unusable now.
    Any Ideas anyone as I been at this all day now and wife is getting peed off with no telly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoK View Post
    You may have a 800se but not with a SIM2?

Open box up and take sim out to have look if you are unsure.

JoK
    Thanks for that....... the box is definetly Sim2 also comes up on oled display on boot up.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

when you flashed the 2 files did you flash the bootloader first and then the image straight after without re-booting if you did not then this may be the cause of your problem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

southpaw (4th January, 2014)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Confused here, you say "when it boots i can see it's 84d "
    So is the box booting? ,
    are you trying to flash over a solid wired connection, no wifi or home plugs involved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Confused here, you say "when it boots i can see it's 84d "
    So is the box booting? ,
    are you trying to flash over a solid wired connection, no wifi or home plugs involved?
    Yes the box boots up and i can see that the ssl is 84d but the image has not taken as it still remains the old PLI image and i guess its corrupted some how as Ive lost my tuner in the setup menu.

I am flashing using a wired connection but its going via router is this the problem, does the ethernet connection have to be between PC and box? also iguess the cable will then be a crossover, is this correct.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by owengrey View Post
    Yes the box boots up and i can see that the ssl is 84d but the image has not taken as it still remains the old PLI image and i guess its corrupted some how as Ive lost my tuner in the setup menu.

I am flashing using a wired connection but its going via router is this the problem, does the ethernet connection have to be between PC and box? also iguess the cable will then be a crossover, is this correct.
    Just re flash the image on it's own mate, the 84d is on it so don't worry bout that, leave network as is thru router with no cross over cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, will give it a go today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. Fantastic Image.
    All great but im unable to login to telnet (FTP is fine) using root/dreambox
    Any ideas how I can fix this?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Should telnet fine with default user pass, personally I use putty, and tick the telnet check box, can't remember the port number off top of my head but putty takes care of that mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Would this work on a Triple Tuner Sunray SR4 ? , also in the guide it says " to install this image your box must be at ssl84a/b/c/d " how do I check if my box is compatible ?

Thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Don't think it's compatible mate, as it doesn't have the drivers for the various tuners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@southpaw:
    i have recently done an update through settings and now it no longer detects my tuner...if i reinstall the original Image all works fine again. have you any ideas what could be the problem. thanks again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

edited. see post below for fix
    Last edited by southpaw; 12th February, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast