HOW TO REPAIR AUTOCOM CDP+ (FIRMWARE UPGRADE - VCI not FOUND) - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts

it depends on the serial you have..These two versions work different,and are activated differently.
    Check your license if its for your serial.!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stelaras26 For This Useful Post:

joji maroc (17th November, 2023)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Check it. But it worked on both for 6 months.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to autoden For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts

Sorry to hijack a thread but,is there a solution for autocom-delphi devices,that fixes the USB not Recognised problem??
    Any hardware changes?
    I tried eeprom 93c46 full of FF,not working,should i change ftdi chip??
    I have many devices with this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sarbmihai View Post
    For TCS 8.0 double bord how to update firmware. Now is in error. Al 4 LEDs are red.
    Hi. I have the same problem. I tried a lot of different fw, but every time when I remove the power and put again, it is just 4 red led lighting. I can flash with autocom od wow, and than it is working, but after switch ott and on again, just the 4 red led is again. How can I make it work? Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nzperx For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

When i had this problem i looked in device manager and found drivers only in one place. So reinstall drivers so it is seen in 2 places and all was good. Maybe i just got lucky.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to autoden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makadam View Post
    LINKS ARE UPDATED

I have some problems with two different types AUTOCOMS CDP+. PCB was different type and both have a problems with message VCI not found. They both using same procesor STM32F205ZGT6 same shematic but different layout. Autocom with 2 PCB (main pcb + relay pcb) is better quality from autocom with only one double layer PCB. The second one has already printed test points to make connections to upgrade firmware. To repair your broken Autocom with this kind of processor is really easy only you need:
    - wires
    - solder iron
    - Flash_Loader_Demonstrator
    - firmware
    - some electronic skiils

Steps are:

1. Install Flash_Loader_Demonstrator
    2. make wire connection between VDD (pin1 from J400) and pin138 BOOT0 from STM32F20XXX - for Autocom pcb V 3.0 or between TP102 (VDD) and TP206 - for Autocom class B
    3. put a switch between pin9 and pin10 from J400 (this connection is needed to join short time NRST to GND - make resset)
    4. connect Autocom to car (or external 12v) and USB to computer
    5. start Flash_Loader_Demonstrator and dont change anything in settings just select yout VCI port number
    6. connection wire is between VDD and BOOT0 (step2) all time while upgrating firmware
    7. After Flash_Loader_Demonstrator window is appear then made short connection between pin 9 and pin 10 from J400 (look at pictures)
    8. If everything is OK then next window will be avaliable in Flash Loader Demonstrator
    9. When connection with MCU is avaliable, you need choose type of MCU 1024K
    10. Select your firmware ex. 2012.3.bin from download to device option and global erase
    11. Click next and wait about 7 min for uploading your firmware to Autocom
    12. After uploading firmware finished just disconect Autocom from OBD2 and USB and connect it again and make test and you will be suprised your Autocom is live again

All files and documentation is here

I hope this post was helpfull for all people having problems with Autocom chinese clones.

Good morning, thank makadam's work, good job.
    Sorry to refloat the thread, but it helped me to revive my old Autocom, I passed it from the 2013 to 2017 version, I hang the file that I got with the makadam procedure. I did not need to put the switch, only with the 1st bridge it worked.
    a greeting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xandaschurras For This Useful Post:

ilijakg (5th March, 2022), interceptor (1st May, 2022), joji maroc (17th November, 2023), mintika (29th April, 2023), tomxx (2nd March, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by makadam View Post
    LINKS ARE UPDATED

I have some problems with two different types AUTOCOMS CDP+. PCB was different type and both have a problems with message VCI not found. They both using same procesor STM32F205ZGT6 same shematic but different layout. Autocom with 2 PCB (main pcb + relay pcb) is better quality from autocom with only one double layer PCB. The second one has already printed test points to make connections to upgrade firmware. To repair your broken Autocom with this kind of processor is really easy only you need:
    - wires
    - solder iron
    - Flash_Loader_Demonstrator
    - firmware
    - some electronic skiils

Steps are:

1. Install Flash_Loader_Demonstrator
    2. make wire connection between VDD (pin1 from J400) and pin138 BOOT0 from STM32F20XXX - for Autocom pcb V 3.0 or between TP102 (VDD) and TP206 - for Autocom class B
    3. put a switch between pin9 and pin10 from J400 (this connection is needed to join short time NRST to GND - make resset)
    4. connect Autocom to car (or external 12v) and USB to computer
    5. start Flash_Loader_Demonstrator and dont change anything in settings just select yout VCI port number
    6. connection wire is between VDD and BOOT0 (step2) all time while upgrating firmware
    7. After Flash_Loader_Demonstrator window is appear then made short connection between pin 9 and pin 10 from J400 (look at pictures)
    8. If everything is OK then next window will be avaliable in Flash Loader Demonstrator
    9. When connection with MCU is avaliable, you need choose type of MCU 1024K
    10. Select your firmware ex. 2012.3.bin from download to device option and global erase
    11. Click next and wait about 7 min for uploading your firmware to Autocom
    12. After uploading firmware finished just disconect Autocom from OBD2 and USB and connect it again and make test and you will be suprised your Autocom is live again

All files and documentation is here

I hope this post was helpfull for all people having problems with Autocom chinese clones.
    Dear Makadam, please upload files and documentation again, link it is not work.
    Thanks
    Last edited by corolla70; 28th September, 2022 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi guys
    I replaced my ds150e FT232 chip. After replacing it my VCI says "not found" message.
    Before vci says found but did not update the firmware. It may be possible clone and it has got patatoes chipset.
    Please who can anybody upload the FT232 settings obtained on Mprog or ftprog?
    Last edited by corolla70; 28th September, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to corolla70 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Merci :larmes de joie:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123