Register
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agabna View Post
    Hello
    thanks for reporting about what is working because i think it is very cheap key cutting machine to buy

so pls advice to buy our no
    I've just read the X6 is a rip off of the A5.
    Ok it might be cheap machine but I've paid approx ?5000 for my kit.

Trouble is this X6 clone allows everybody to become a locksmith
    - before you know it the next door neighbour will be cutting keys and laughing at you
    Last edited by obdsystems; 8th December, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obdsystems For This Useful Post:

agabna (9th December, 2013), king alie (8th December, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I'm going to buy one of these. I have tried to get the Miracle A5, the A9, the 3D Pro, etc, etc, etc... I keep getting fobbed off by the distributors, so sod em. I've been reading other forums and all their comments about the X6 (all crying about the stolen design of the A5), I tried to go legit, they made it tough for me to advance myself, stolen code or not, I'm done waiting! Thank whatever is out there for the Chinese, at least I can run my business because the Chinese WILL ALWAYS SUPPLY!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruwi For This Useful Post:

Automat (9th December, 2013), coder5 (9th December, 2013), Fernandowap (1st May, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

why would the distributors fob you off ???

You can buy them on-line. As i said - too cheap and everybody will be cutting keys s

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdsystems View Post

You can buy them on-line. As i said - too cheap and everybody will be cutting keys s
    talking with someone in know , it is an old copy of software and firmware , bugs from this version long since fixed and from what im told wont do sx9 and a few others , id guess it also has the hu66 issues without adaptor .

this said theres no doubt that it will do alot of keys for its price and i guess many will buy , lets hope for their sake when it breaks or plays up they can get it repaired and some form of support and back up.

steve , get with the times mate , training companies training new starts every week , many other businesses adding car keys as a sideline now , many using all clone kits and prices tumbling on bread and butter stuff , this is only going to get worse mate until no one makes a full time living at it anymore , sign of times im afraid .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    steve , get with the times mate , training companies training new starts every week , many other businesses adding car keys as a sideline now , many using all clone kits and prices tumbling on bread and butter stuff , this is only going to get worse mate until no one makes a full time living at it anymore , sign of times im afraid .
    Yes indeed. I'll keep to a few clever people I know on forum and hopefully can help each other out.
    As for people buying kit like this - just daft.

Still Pinky, I've not done badly this year. My prices are pretty competitive.

Cost of living won't mean prices get too daft

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdsystems View Post

I was talking to LockDecoders before I moved to Southern Africa, they told me that I have to buy from their distributors, when I wanted to order from the distributors, I was told that they were having issues with their supplier (LockDecoders), now i'm fed up with all the bull I've been fed by them. The distributors were trying to sell me the Bianchi, and it's not what I wanted!

I agree that it's simple to buy online, in the UK that's very true, try living in Africa where a debit card can't be used for online purchases. I was having a meeting with my business banker today, she was telling me that they will be introducing chip and pin next year (its funny, I know). We also have this thing called "African time", so if someone says 10 minutes, they mean an hour.... Do the sums on that and you will very quickly realise that holding your breath is pointless...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ruwi For This Useful Post:

Automat (13th December, 2013)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

i live in south africa... - bought an a5 and paid by debit card for it....surely you dont still walk with the lions in your neighbourhood. if our country adopted you, surely breaking it down to justify your reason for buying an x6 is a travesty. it is a shame you suffer so much in this beautiful place. hope you can see past your petty remarks so you can enjoy this country and its cultures....

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drivesure View Post
    i live in south africa... - bought an a5 and paid by debit card for it....surely you dont still walk with the lions in your neighbourhood. if our country adopted you, surely breaking it down to justify your reason for buying an x6 is a travesty. it is a shame you suffer so much in this beautiful place. hope you can see past your petty remarks so you can enjoy this country and its cultures....
    Funny thing is.... I don't live in South Africa. I said Southern Africa, that could be any number of countries. Anyways, please share where you bought your machine, maybe I can buy from them too. Here we have Nedbank, FNB and Standard Bank, I can't get a card from any of these that will allow me to shop online. Finally, I'm not a migrant and I appreciate the other things, but here were talking about getting a key cutting machine, not the landscape or the animals.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ruwi; 13th December, 2013 at 06:11 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruwi For This Useful Post:

Automat (13th December, 2013), cjawahir (13th December, 2013)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruwi View Post
    Funny thing is.... I don't live in South Africa. I said Southern Africa, that could be any number of countries. Anyways, please share where you bought your machine, maybe I can buy from them too. Here we have Nedbank, FNB and Standard Bank, I can't get a card from any of these that will allow me to shop online. Finally, I'm not a migrant and I appreciate the other things, but here were talking about getting a key cutting machine, not the landscape or the animals.

Cheers!
    the Chinese also sell original key cutters so why not just buy an original from China?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruwi View Post
    Funny thing is.... I don't live in South Africa. I said Southern Africa,
    But it would be interesting to hear about your country

I've got a vision of pot holes and dirt tracks. But in-fact some areas are good - then some you'd need a gun i would of thought.

Lols just like UK

Anyway, I wonder if the A5 will get any more updates now its successor A6 is out. Just a little pissed off

Seems to have origin problems on switching to laser keys - the more i use the more will find out but when decodes slightly wrong, i almost pop'ed my paints s.

You will find this should think with the clone. Annoying.
    Last edited by obdsystems; 13th December, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

but for ?900 it's no travesty, but ?3500 for a now obsolete a5, i'd be fuming!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

Well A5 isn't obsolete - but little pee'd.

More pissed off somebody could buy an A5 clone. As I said guys, everybody will be cutting keys if things get too cheap.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

eeprom is where the money is, there's no voodoo in the actual key cutting i think...........

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

eeprom used to be where the money was , now most can do this and as usual prices have tumbled , i lost a job last week to a competitor who eepromed an x5 for ?60 , theres a few here that will do a punto key for ?60 to ?80 , the part timers and the beer money boys are also learning eeprom all be it basics , they then post their dumps on many forums and others do the work for them and post revised dumps for them to write back , some areas of eeprom work still pay but much now does not.

steve why should key cutting be any different to programming , lock picks etc , all have been cloned and cheapened , how do you think investors in original ad100 felt when t300 clone came along , key cutting is just the final piece of the clone jigsaw.
    im glad i invested when i did and everything has paid back , id hate to be starting out again now , ive seen the difference 5 years has made , id hate to imagine what will be the case in 5 years time.

we adapt and we find niches for now , the most profitibable side of this industry these days is wholesale training and online resellers selling the dream to the masses and some combining all 3 , we have a dry cleaners that do key cutting and clone keys , we have used car dealers offering car keys , we have a van hire company offering car keys , this is fast becomming an add on line rather than a sole business these days .

it used to cost a mortgage to set up , now with an x6 and clone m8 programmer a new start can be up and running for under 5k .

its not all doom and gloom as good earning areas still exist , but spare keys , and easy bread and butter jobs these days , are often not worth competing for .

the only wealthy auto lockies these days are those retiring having had the good times.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 14th December, 2013 at 02:18 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

purdy (21st May, 2016)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

is this x6 a cloned a4 do we think?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast