tune failed, et4000, open pli
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default tune failed, et4000, open pli

Hi
    I have an Xtrend Et4000 with OpenPli. Since a couple of days I am unable to receive any TV or radio signal from my dish which is pointing to astra 19.2 e. I am always receiving a "tune failed" message. I have already tried to search and tune for the channels again but without success. I also realised that the date and time settings of my receiver changed for some reason. I have tried to flash an old, working image, to update to a new image, to reset to factory settings without any success. When I connect the receiver to my 2nd satellite dish which is pointing to astra 28.2 I do receive TV and radio signals. Does that mean my LNB or my dish is not working properly? I can't see any loose cable. Since I don't have a ladder I can't check it by myself and thus I would be very happy if someone could comment on that before I am calling a TV engineer to check the dish.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by psychoaki; 9th December, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Hi mate you say the box works perfectly when connected to another dish so if you've put the latest bouquet for 19.2 on and tried a scan as well with no joy. The next thing to do is check the alignment of the dish,the cable and cable route and connections and the lnb. If alignment and cable and fittings are spot on then lnb would be at fault. hth What is the signal quality on box connected to different sats?
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 12th December, 2013 at 11:27 AM.