Register
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i have 2 other was is still going strong and hope it continues , these for price and being dual tuner and images can use was great, hope they revise it so get less faults because i think it can be great,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I contacted them on xxxxxxxxx. They got back to me quickly offering advice, asking me to install an older blackhole image. However after the failed attempt to fix the box, I had to be persistant in e-mailing them asking for a returns address. Then finally they sent me an address and returns form.
    Any updates mate? Did they receive it?
    3x Skybox F5S 1x VU+ Duo

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

anyone else's boxes running well ? i bought 2 of these , 1 is still going strong after good few months, 1 i had to return and they sent me a replacement board and working fine right now,

they never told me what the problem is when the led is stuck on red, first was told incorrect image flashed, but im 100% i didn't as the box worked fine, then suddenly just went red led

i notice the cpu heatsink gets very hot when in standby was this the cause ?, makes me feel the great for long term, but once on and fan spinning its very cool, maybe they need to keep the fan spinning slowly when in standby to keep it cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpiKed View Post
    Any updates mate? Did they receive it?
    Yes, its still on its(world tour) way back though
    what happened with yours?
    Last edited by trance; 30th March, 2014 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lombard View Post
    anyone else's boxes running well ? i bought 2 of these , 1 is still going strong after good few months, 1 i had to return and they sent me a replacement board and working fine right now,

they never told me what the problem is when the led is stuck on red, first was told incorrect image flashed, but im 100% i didn't as the box worked fine, then suddenly just went red led

i notice the cpu heatsink gets very hot when in standby was this the cause ?, makes me feel the great for long term, but once on and fan spinning its very cool, maybe they need to keep the fan spinning slowly when in standby to keep it cool
    So did you just send your board in exchange for a new one?
    (Mixeshop)?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lombard View Post

The problem is that they have used cheap solder on the boards I had one the other week that was stuck on the red light and had to get the hot air gun out to sort it out.
    Heating up the board is just a temporary fix and they will work fine until you turn them off and they go cold.

So if you leave them on they will happily work fine for months but the problems appear to start when they are off for a few hours or days.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    So did you just send your board in exchange for a new one?
    (Mixeshop)?
    no wasnt mixeshop

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sattv5 View Post
    The problem is that they have used cheap solder on the boards I had one the other week that was stuck on the red light and had to get the hot air gun out to sort it out.
    Heating up the board is just a temporary fix and they will work fine until you turn them off and they go cold.

So if you leave them on they will happily work fine for months but the problems appear to start when they are off for a few hours or days.
    HI, what part did you heat gun ?

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

[QUOTE=lombard;2264687]HI, what part did you heat gun ?

Thanks[/QUOTE
    I covered up any plastic and large capacitors on the top of the board with tin foil
    I then heated the underside of the board and the top of the board on the lowest setting as to prevent the board from warping
    then heated the top of the board on full heat for a couple of minutes moving the heat gun in a circular motion as to make sure nothing overheated
    left for 20 minutes and reasembled.
    The main problem part seems to be the big square of aluminium where the tuners are housed if they are cold they dont work very well.
    You could just lift the lid of and use a hairdryer on the top of the board to see if it will fix your board before going to the extent of using the hot airgun.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I'm looking at getting either a mini vu duo twin tuner or a cloud ibox 3 twin tuner.

Looking at this thread there appears to be more problems with mini vu duo than the cloud ibox 3 briefly mentioned in this thread.

I would love to have an original but budget can't stretch that far hence why I'm looking at either of these two boxes (I really want a twin tuner with pvr facilities).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The X-Duo seems to be more reliable than the Mini Duo, the I-Box 3 with twin Sat tuners isn't available yet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

bbb_uk (31st March, 2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the mini duo for few weeks now and it seems fine but after some upgrade (don't remember which one) I don't have the plugins in the main menu
    I know the extensions are installed as some of them are available under the blue button (the web interface works too)
    I want to reflash it with the latest OpenPLi but the lack of the screen scares me a bit so can you guys explain how to flash it step by step and how to recover it via RS232 if I brick it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK got one of these today. Have also bought a HDD from there. A can anyone tell me how to connect the HDD up please or is there a guide somewhere? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess you need a HDD dock and then connect it with a sata cable

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I haven't got one so could well be wrong but I thought I read somewhere the 2.5" drive fits inside it.