New vu+duo2 epg issue
Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default New vu+duo2 epg issue

I have bought this and half the channels are in the wrong places and sd seems to be the main channels on favourites instead of hd. Seems I should have just done it myself with the help of the forums. Could someone point me in the right direction of a channel list and/or epg to correct the errors. Thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

This Guide here will help you load any new channel lists and sort them to your own preference if you prefer: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-guide-167275/

Catseye's Excellent Multisat & Single sat lists can be found here: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post2229995

EPG has to be setup by yourself on the Box via the CrossEPG menu and is better stored on an external USB drive

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

After doing a bit more reading it appears that it makes a difference that I am on Vix rather than Blackhole (which I've noticed is the image you prefer). I can't seem to find the dreamboxedit software, i'll obviously keep looking. Do I need cross epg if I'm using Vix? I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult to do what I class as the basics but i'm sure it'll become 2nd nature after a time of doing it. Thanks for your time.

Dreambox edit or Dreambox edit2 for vuduo2?
    Last edited by DigitalVandal; 22nd February, 2014 at 02:31 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

CrossEPG is still installed on the Vix image thats what grabs the EPG for you not anything else, so you still have to setup what providers you want to download and show the EPG either from OpenTV,Rytec or XMLTV if its for 28.2? east then choose the OpenTV one as i know the Vix image is very user friendly and they added there own spin on the EPG side of things which i hear good reports about.

I have upped the latest Dreambox edit for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thank you, that's very good of you. I was struggling to find anything newer than 3.0.0. So the epg uses a similar system to what was on my skybox F5S.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

It appears that the catseyes file points you towards SD channels as standard when you click on, for example, Sport. I can't understand why that would be the case when the enigma 2 devices that use the list are all HD. I'm having to click on HD/3D bouquet (I believe that's the correct term) then scroll down for 30 seconds to the HD version of sports. I must be missing something extremely simple, or do I need to edit the list? I understand that you can press right and it moves a page at a time but I would much prefer to go to a channel set and the HD versions be at the top.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Then you will have to create your own list, Please understand that members like Catseye spend many hours including days arranging Lists so take that into consideration when you do your own.

And how you say you want to arrange the channel list then your probably better doing your own from scratch

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I very much appreciate the hard work that goes into putting these lists etc together. I don't know where to start. I thought I was getting something wrong with what buttons I was pressing. Guess not. I'll spend some time getting to grips with the program. Thank you for the time taken by all in making these boxes as simple as possible for us newbies.