Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SKYBOX F5s help needed

hi need help pls...moved skybox to new house now when it turns on it jams after 20secs remote unresponsive cant access menu and green light comes on front...if i disconnect the coax cable the box stays on i can access menu..have flashed numerous firmware all by usb then when i connect coax it jams again...any1 experienced this b4 or any thoughts.
    its about to go in the bin!!!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by btarr View Post
    hi need help pls...moved skybox to new house now when it turns on it jams after 20secs remote unresponsive cant access menu and green light comes on front...if i disconnect the coax cable the box stays on i can access menu..have flashed numerous firmware all by usb then when i connect coax it jams again...any1 experienced this b4 or any thoughts.
    its about to go in the bin!!!
    Sounds like you have got a short on the coax cable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

check cable and lnb for working signal and that its not shorting out your box.....try box on another dish ....this will give u the dish lnb or box fault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have tried on 3 different coax cables and 2 dishes lads and still the same fault!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

have you tried different lnb too pal..... and i no it sounds like im takin pee pee but you are conecting coax correctly and pluging it into the correct input and not loop????... if so do you have another box ( skybox or SKY+BOX) to try on a dish to prove the dish,lnb and cable ok.... if so then a possible short on skybox