Please I need your help!
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please I need your help!

Hi Guys,
    I am a complete newbie! I have just aquired a DM800 HD clone with sim 2.01. Before I realised that it was a clone I tried to change the image. Because it was the wrong image for this clone I got the dreaded 'No CA found' Error. I downloaded the DreamUp software and ran it as directed, however It got to the point where it says 'Waiting for acknowledgement' but it goes no further! I have spent literally hours searching the net for some guidance but I am still no further forward to fixing it. I am unsure of my null modem cable because I have run a continuity test on the pins and I get the following :-
    Pin1 to Pin1
    Pin2 to Pin5
    Pin3 to Pin4
    Pin4 to Pin3
    Pin5 to Pin2
    Pin7 to Pin8
    Pin8 to Pin7

This is nothing like the the diagrams on the net. Do you think that it is this cable that is at fault or is it something else that I am not doing right?

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,
    I received the null modem cable and using Dreamup V1.3.3.4 I tried to flash my box. This time it continued to flash past the last problem point. In fact it downloaded the image I selected - DreamElite-OE2.0_dm800_SIM2_SSL84D_drhg_23-12-2013-.nfi after it got to 100% It gave this warning - "Flashing Failed (!!!010 Invalid Image (or old version))box will be unusable now !! PLEASE HELP !!!
    I am finding this box very difficult to understand. Have I flashed the wrong image again? If so, please explain to me what I need to look for when I choose an image for my DM-800 HD PVR clone Sim 2.01.
    A lot of images mention SSL and a number in the image title. What does this mean?
    Please help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Did you flash bootloader 84d first?

Andy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,
    I have finally got my Dreambox DM-800 HD PVR working well again after the "No CA Found" fault. I will now confess all in the hope that it may save some other poor soul in distress! The first time I ran No CA fault software when the box showed an IP address I thought that the last number in the line was a 0 (Zero) so when I put that address in my browser to get network connection to flash an image it did not recognise it. Today I ran the No CA fault software again and this time I looked at the small screen a little more closely and realised that the last number was actually an 8 (Eight). As soon as I put that in my browser I got a network connection and flashed an image.
    Yours, very stupidly !!!!!!!