Chineese Galletto V54

Thread: Chineese Galletto V54

jakesman said:

ok today my galleto stoped working , open it and found the 1117cd 1.8 gets real hot and also galleto not reconised by usb , desolder the legs from it and galleto is reconized again by usb , the 1117cd 1.8 and 1117cd 3.3 is both voltage regulators for 1.8 volt and 3.3 volt , i did not test it futer , the 2 indicator lights by the usb side only 1 work , ok when i give it 12 volt these regulators do not get hot only with usb , so for what is this regulators ? BDM because i had a faulty ecu and after BDM attempt the galleto did this , BDM went fine first time identify but stoped middle of the read and then all dead , with what other transistors can i swap it out for , the lm317 have same pin out but specs is way off

smirnoff_rules said:

l believe its this one for bdm l ordered one the other day for a spare fgtech that didnt like bdm reading

havnt got around to swapping and trying .. not a fan of bdm with these anyway , go straight to my ktag

Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 31st October, 2016 at 10:22 PM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

3. kospoz said:

Can someone tell which part is for renesas mode?i tried with opel denso and at the end i have error wire 2 and 3

jakesman said:

awww this thing is a piece of crap , buy new one k-line not work rework then bdm start then can then then ........ i think the older version is more stable like galleto v2 I dnt see 78 pages about that one so i buy v50 or 53 and think it will have less problems and rework storys , time spend on rework and looking for why what is not working it would have been better to get a good EU clone or older version and add a good quality kess and ktag and oops here we go again kess ktag tokens rework the sh*t never ends ........Buy original but we dnt all have the $$$$$ to do so

Multipla said:

Quote Originally Posted by azibi130 View Post
    today i was able to see what components i have on my pcb, and this is what i have:

U14 - U9 - U19 = LS14 nxp
    U8 - U17 = 74 HCT 125D nxp
    U11 - U15 = 74 HC 245D nxp
    U20 - U22 = MAX 485 ESA +
    U16 - U23 = L-9613 ST
    U10 = 82C250Y
    U21 - U12 = LM 393
    U18 = HEF 4011 BT (this one is no nxp, at least doesn' say on chip)
    Q18 = ZVP 2106A
    Q20 = ZVP 2106A
    Big relays are aromat
    Small relay is Sunhold
    Y1 = yellow ressonator
    C21 - C26 - C28 = 100uF 50v (the three capacitors near C27 are also 100uF 50v)
    and the other 4 small capacitors are 10uF 50v

i can see symbols from phillips, nxp and ST on the chips
    K-Line R/W worked on edc15p+ on car, and edc16u34 on the bench.
    BDM read/write worked on edc16u34

i ask please which components would be a must to change?
    Which be the interested party, the can line? Tanks

miralem said:

After reading this thread, I bought for me china clone, hope it will be as they told me it would be, and here is some tips that I copied from hard/working friends that were willing to help us:

tprot on vag are present from 05/2009 but is very random this option, is most present on engine with low power and is not compeer to years or ecu type.
    the best way to know if tp is active is always bootmode and read tag on file
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    desold resonator, clean central hole, place a piece of ribbon or paper on central hole, resold up the quartz.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    don't use this tools for checksum correction, there are better ways like using winols or something in that way.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    Important is also U2. You have a rezistor and a cap instead of tranzistor and it has impact direct in bdm and bootmode.
    U2 "S5B" is the same as "ADAA". Made by texas instruments.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    You should have only one missing resistor, 4.7kohm near U19. The rest are empty places.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    BDM timing is dependent of software and system clock (crystal or ceramic resonator), other components can't have no effect in speed.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    ZVN and ZVP transistors are connected to OBD pins 2 and 10,
    this two are used for J1850 protocol, so cars that use it, will not work (some ford e.g.)
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    K-line repair consist of chips U16 and U23 both are E-L9637D

70% of problem on this tool is not HW but SW....bad cracked and without stability (and old for v54_0386)....on HW you can play how you need.

V54(0386) is poor cloned version. Firmware need downgrade to V53(0475), then can use newest(11/2012) soft which is also better cracked than V54 soft.

SN 0386 and SN 0475 both is fw53 not 54 !
    difference only one... 0386 use sw from 11/2012, 0475 use sw from 12/2012 (can read/write epp in pcr2.1 ecu)

fg 49-50-51-52 are ALWAYS v48!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

galletto eu have ONLY pcb better, nothing else!
    v53_0475 china hw-sw upgraded is better
    __________________________________________________ _

desold resonator Y1, clean central hole, place a piece of ribbon or paper on central hole, resold up the quartz.
    replaced Q20 with 2N7000

usb cable from tool to computer, bad quality
    __________________________________________________ _

-v54 and v53 have same pcb, not the same fw, you need change fw inside LPC2119 and use v53_0475 sw
    -you MUST change all components to have stable tool
    -aes use the same SW and FW of v54 china, very bad!
    __________________________________________________ ___-
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Pay attention to this parts on your PCB and compare with the one in this table, and if they are not like those, or like allowed one, change them with the one in table below

U14-U9-U19 74HC14D nxp
    U8-U17 74HCT125D nxp
    U11-U15 74HC245D nxp
    U20-U22 MAX485ESA+
    U16-U23 E-L9637D
    U10 PCA82C250 nxp
    U21-U12 LM393
    U18 HEF4011BT nxp
    Q18 ZVP2106A
    Q20 ZVN2106A
    2 big relais G6AK-234P ST-US 5VDC
    1 small relay G5V-1 5VDC
    Y1 quartz 16 mhz
    c21-c26-c28 100uF 50V
    the other 7 capacitor 10uF 50V
    Last edited by miralem; 4th November, 2016 at 11:23 PM.

dadal said:

I have read 78 Pages and made notes exactly like you ( and I see now your notice ,,pain pain pain )
    Next time I will read out from the last page to first page

miralem said:

I received mine a few days ago, and after some promises that it will be all Omrons and so one and so one , I have just received this:
    IMG_20161204_221123.jpg

And this is from the back...
    UT8_Uz6_XRNXXXag_OFb_XG.jpg

It even dies not have Q20 and 18, and I dont have it with me...

9. mrchip said:

Hi Mates,

I wanted to rework my galetto ( replace U16-U23 by E-L9637D)
    as you can see in the photos some soldering pads of U16 broken. I want to connect these legs of L9637D directly via wires to circuit board,( not via traces because pads are broken).

I cant find/see connection points( trace) of some legs on circuit board.
    Can someone check it please ( continuity test by multimeter) ? I cant find connection point of 3 pads/pins
    Attachment 418758

https://s29.postimg.org/o74393tjr/Knipsel.png

10. mrchip said:

Quote Originally Posted by mrchip View Post
    Hi Mates,

I wanted to rework my galetto ( replace U16-U23 by E-L9637D)
    as you can see in the photos some soldering pads of U16 broken. I want to connect these legs of L9637D directly via wires to circuit board,( not via traces because pads are broken).

I cant find/see connection points( trace) of some legs on circuit board.
    Can someone check it please ( continuity test by multimeter) ? I cant find connection point of 3 pads/pins
    Attachment 418758

https://s29.postimg.org/o74393tjr/Knipsel.png

please can someone help

11. street2maxx said:

I need the software version of 2016 or 2017 , which one support denso ecu from toyota avensis.

12. dorofteius said:

Try original.
    I need 10K E. But nobody gives.
    Be realistic mate.
    Good piece off clone exists. As I have-it, but when it has produces allot off money, then you buy the real one.
    I am at almost there.

13. pulsar2000 said:

BDM Problem China v54,
    probably been covered, and im sure i read somewhere already but cant find, my china v54 on BDM screen hangs when go to read,
    whats the components needed for a fix,
    might get round to changing at some point if i know where im looking at and what to change,
    works ok OBD, but BDM the screen sort of Freezes and hangs,
    cheers

smirnoff_rules said:

you need to see if you have 2 of these fitted in the middle m8 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1317167790...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

unlike this picture

Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 4th January, 2017 at 10:34 PM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

15. pulsar2000 said:

Excellent will take a look its no real issue as have a Proper v54 , its a spare test piece i suppose the china one, just ordered one as wanted to see how good they were,
    More shopping LOL m8, Bearings on order