Password Recovery
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Password Recovery

Hi Guys,

Do anyone know a way to recover passwords on an ipad? Is there an app available anywhere that could do it?

To cut a long story short, my foster daughter who is only 14 woke up in the middle of the night and took my sons ipad from his bedroom while he was sleeping and set up an email account and Skype account. Her friend was staying over and it was her friend that told me what she had done. The worse thing is that my foster daughter who is 14 but has a mind of a 9 year old was talking to some random man on Skype and he was asking her to do not nice things if you know what I mean.

She refuses point blank to give me the account details so I need to try and find a way to access these accounts in order to delete them as she is not allowed on the internet at all.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

You don't need to access the accounts to delete the apps. Just delete them off the device. Reset the password of your iTunes account so that she cannot download any apps again unless you type in the password for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks Johnboy but I need to be able to get access to her Skype account as there was some random guy asking her to do bad things and he was exposing himself to her. We have informed the police and she is even saying to them that she does not know her login details. If this was done on a pc, there are lots of programs that could recover the passwords etc but on the ipad there does not seem to be anything to be able to do this?

If anyone does know of anything please let me know. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

If the police are involved they should surely be able to get access to her account especially if anything illegal was going on.

Incidentally if you know her email address then you can request a password reset from Skype. That new password will then be sent to her email. The same can be done for her username.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi,
    There are a few things not clear for me. If she does not remember her login and password simply delete Skype from iPad and disable automatic login. This way even the Skype is reinstalled she must enter her password.
    Like most applications when password is forgotten, you can ask for the password to be sent to your mail address or answer a few questions that identifies you.
    Change your iPad password and don't give it to her. Or if it is her iPad, reinstall the system and identify her as minor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Back up the device and do a complete restore, then a password change, not sure if this has been resolved yet, you asked for help, then went away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miniman1 View Post
    Back up the device and do a complete restore, then a password change, not sure if this has been resolved yet, you asked for help, then went away
    Bad advice- if you restore the device it will ask for the original username and password. Do you really think its that easy!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But i thought she only set up a skype account and the original ipad password was still with the owner, or have i misread it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miniman1 View Post
    But i thought she only set up a skype account and the original ipad password was still with the owner, or have i misread it?
    You misread, the guy can't get any password details at all from his daughter, how would the restore of the device help get the details he needs from the Skype and email accounts that she set up?.
    The ipad belongs to his son and he would need those details to restore the device, you say to do that and then a password change this is not possible unless his son removes the device from his iCloud details but it would serve no purpose whatsoever in trying to get what the poster initially wants.

Last edited by johnboy1974; 29th July, 2014 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok have a nice day I misunderstood