Citroen DS3 ESP problem
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Default Citroen DS3 ESP problem

Have an interesting case here. The patient is Citroen DS3, my2011, 1.6 THP. After minor frontal "crash" (only plastic bumper was replaced), ESP check light turned ON, fault code C1136 (steering angle sensor inconsistency - permanent). The ESP light was triggered 10-15 kilometers after the accident, or so the customer claims. What is strange is that sensor is working 100% correctly as if it wouldn't, the electric power steering system would also fail. All sensor readings are normal and even recalibration with Diagbox does not help, the fault code from the ESP unit just cannot be cleared. I also tried to update the software with Diagbox (I have paid the subscription), but it is reporting error 413 (which I don't know what it means and the Citroen guys don't bother to explain via e-mail).

The ESP is ATE mk60. These usually have external EEPROM (25040 or something), but I don't know what it serves for. Is there only the configuration, or are there also fault codes? Is was wondering if clearing the fault directly from EEPROM would do the trick.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Save EEPROM fill with ff. see what duagbix say

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Filling with FF is a bad idea. Everything went haywire, cooling fan running like crazy, 100 of errors and stuff. Interesting thing is that C1136 was NOT one of them.

However, the error really appears to be stored on EEPROM. Here are the dumps:Citroen DS3 ABS.zip

1fault_ori.bin is the original dump read directly after dismounting the unit. Only 1 fault is stored: C1136. Too bad I don't know where exactly.

3fault_ori.bin is the dump read after connecting electronic unit without mouting it on hydraulic ABS block, so there are 2 additional fault codes stored - ABS motor and brake pressure sensor. Can't remember the codes.

try_1.bin is my first try to remove C1136 from the original dump. Not working, situation did not change at all. C1136 still present, no other codes.

try_1_after.bin is the dump read after turning ignition ON with try_1.bin loaded.

Now, does somebody maybe know where in the dump is fault code C1136 hiding? Thanks!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Another try ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/628nzfrp87...5320_try_3.bin

4 errors: coding, steering angle sensor (different code, not C1136 but C14xx something), ecu failure and pressure sensor inconsistency.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

CoCool ok (iShit Failiure)

cool cause 100 faults your self, sensor open, sensor short etc, then read dump.

where the dump has changed fill that with ff?

im in bed on my ishit, can't read zip or rar on it, computer down sstairs ant (iShit Failiure)
    cant use it as its busy sending tweets.

you could try the mileage in correction deptment see if you can LEECH a dump, you know it's a good dump, but with incorrect miles!

not right car, but you could cut and paste see what happens.

UPDATE:-

had to get out of bed, for iShit to reconnect to wifi hope you appreciate it!

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omglol View Post
    I also tried to update the software with Diagbox (I have paid the subscription), but it is reporting error 413 (which I don't know what it means and the Citroen guys don't bother to explain via e-mail).
    Hello, did you ever get a fix for this?

Thank you
    Last edited by 1spat; 4th May, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omglol View Post
    Another try ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/628nzfrp87...5320_try_3.bin

4 errors: coding, steering angle sensor (different code, not C1136 but C14xx something), ecu failure and pressure sensor inconsistency.
    Sorry that I bring up an old topic. I have a same problem. And I would like to know, has deleting of a mistake from EEPROM helped?
    Last edited by Shyrik; 9th November, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hello

You find solution ?

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Someone with idea for this problems?
    Be allways Thankfull!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi omglol, did you ever get this one solved? I've got pretty much exactly the same problem, a DS3 that had a front end bump and now the C1136 code shows up all the time and can't be cleared and the steering angle sensor is working fine and has been caliberated.

Really struggling with it, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

#metoo
    Anyone with some thoughts on this matter? In my case the steering angle sensor calibration fails. Maybe the steering rack is the problem not esp module?