Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Question Problems connecting EDC17 C46 TC1767 Passat 2011 to AVDI(boot-mode)

Hi guys,

I'm having a misfire on this - connecting/reading to EDC17 C46 TC1767 Passat 2011 2.0 TDI by tricore boot-mode with AVDI(ECU is BOSCH 03L907309N). Could someone confirm to me if schemes in AVDI manual are correct(I used the one on page 140)?
    I have connected all wires according to AVDI schemes in the manual but when I hit connect it responds it failed and need to connect boot. BUT there is no BOOT connection on the scheme in the manual(there is for other chips but not for this one).

I checked all connections at least 5 times!

P.S. I post it here as I need this for the PIN and the 7 bytes CS for making a dealer key.
    Last edited by autoTkey; 9th May, 2014 at 09:15 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

I know you are not OBD here but recent I lost some connectivity with Passat B6 and the reason was my software was defective. I asked distributor for new files. erased all the files on my PC and installed again and I got connectivity again after the firmware update on my device. it only takes like 10 minutes to do all this work, plus the download time. i suggest you try it while waiting for other replies. the software updates for the AVDI are weird, I do not understand them clearly with the "HW SYNCHRO" and all that, but you want to rule it out as culprit and that is easy.

on this car - if you can make ignition ON without a key, you can get 7 bytes or not?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

When you connecting all the resistors ecu is in boot mode.

For this ecus it is better to use probe, chiptuningshop is selling one for avdi.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Nothing worked and the official response was it's still NOT supported for this car model(whatever that means...).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to autoTkey For This Useful Post:

chriskross (13th May, 2014)