Thread: Electric meter

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    eh ?

its not prepay, I think it just have the dials that turn round, these meter boxes are usually left unlocked by the guys that come out to get a reading, but each household has their own key too, the little key is standard to open the lid, I have often wondered what if someone tampered with a meter like that, you know like the crazy kids that go about breaking things for the fun of it etc, its only a matter of time before one of them smash the little parts on the meters that have the dials that turn round, I don't know what the gas companies would think about that, I guess they would just replace the meter next time they came to read it and noticed damage etc, but I dunno how long that would all take to process and I wonder if the householder would still get billed for their average usage, I cant see how they could do that because what if the people left the house for say 6 months or a year etc, that way no gas would be used, know what I mean ?
    U would get charged a average or prove u were away. Happened to someone I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    U would get charged a average or prove u were away. Happened to someone I know.
    don't see how someone would have to prove they were away anywhere as its none of a gas companies business at all where you are, example : you could be staying in your aunt's house and have no proof what-so-ever for 6 months, and why would you have proof if you stayed with your aunt for 6 months ? you wouldn't, you might do, but most likely wouldn't, know what I mean ? there again, I guess they would see that there was still electricity getting used In the house, , but then maybe someone staying in the house would say they only used electric and no gas, , sounds funny but could infact be true, know what I mean, and without proof they cant prove it, so therefore that means they couldn't even accuse you either as that would be like accusing someone of a crime they didn't commit etc,

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Yes naybor had similar with water meter, they just charged him averudge fir fat bloke

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    don't see how someone would have to prove they were away anywhere as its none of a gas companies business at all where you are, example : you could be staying in your aunt's house and have no proof what-so-ever for 6 months, and why would you have proof if you stayed with your aunt for 6 months ? you wouldn't, you might do, but most likely wouldn't, know what I mean ? there again, I guess they would see that there was still electricity getting used In the house, , but then maybe someone staying in the house would say they only used electric and no gas, , sounds funny but could infact be true, know what I mean, and without proof they cant prove it, so therefore that means they couldn't even accuse you either as that would be like accusing someone of a crime they didn't commit etc,
    I am with u but there are bastards ha
    Most people have gas and electric with same company now so they would see if gas was used like u say.....u could fight it but they have more money and resources. Best case they would give u a low average

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

ON TOPIC:-

Did you sort thus orginal poster?

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    ON TOPIC:-

Did you sort thus orginal poster?
    Perhaps he's in jail ?
    Should do the number of posts
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (22nd June, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

who do you mean ??? the original thread beginner or one of the other people, don't know who you guys are asking if they got it sorted or what ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12