If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plasterer View Post
    yes you need to add the latest cables xml ,and latest scan.config
    this will then give you accsess to the service provider your scanning for ,Hope this helps .............Paul

Been along time since done this but flashed ultra phat image ftp mgcamd and copy paste over mg.cfg did a scan for croydon 40979 6952 first tried 531000 nothing then tried 411000 and got 360 plus channels doing network id scan unfortunately none of them show and come up with error channel not available would this be due to the above suggestion as that is the thing i havent done? i was presuming the ultra phat had the latest cables xml files(if not,where do i find please?) and im not clear how to update scan.config i done softcam reset and mgcamd stop n start and is on when rebooting...cant even get a free channel and the time is not correct.
    Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When I dusted mine off post N2 I don't remember having to install a new xml file, but I would say check the scan frequency as the old one from the list had changed, but did not correspond with updated lists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikk View Post
    When I dusted mine off post N2 I don't remember having to install a new xml file, but I would say check the scan frequency as the old one from the list had changed, but did not correspond with updated lists.
    Yeh did that as quoted used 531000 = old, then 4111000 = changed. Finally got the free channels to work but upon switching off when i went out and switching back on again nothing shows! it displays correct date and time but says error channel not available , waiting for time...epg loading
    Last edited by w'henn; 22nd November, 2015 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sounds like you were almost there with the free channels. I would re-flash with commando 12 and if still nothing the box itself could be the problem, they are quite old. One of mine just failed and is still awaiting hyperterminal session for ressurection.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Another tip which may help further down the line>>>>>>>>>>>make sure you use the mgxxxd ppc old file set for dbox2

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w'henn View Post
    Been along time since done this but flashed ultra phat image ftp mgcamd and copy paste over mg.cfg did a scan for croydon 40979 6952 first tried 531000 nothing then tried 411000 and got 360 plus channels doing network id scan unfortunately none of them show and come up with error channel not available would this be due to the above suggestion as that is the thing i havent done? i was presuming the ultra phat had the latest cables xml files(if not,where do i find please?) and im not clear how to update scan.config i done softcam reset and mgcamd stop n start and is on when rebooting...cant even get a free channel and the time is not correct.
    Any help would be much appreciated

Can i just remind you please that in all of the 5 long years as a member here did you ever consider to read the Forum rules, probably not as your download quota far exceeds your actual post counter which speaks volumes in itself.

Please take time to read the rules the next time you visit and then you may find out the problems with your post above

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

gmb45 (23rd November, 2015), Johnner (23rd November, 2015), PremierD (23rd November, 2015), satsmo (23rd November, 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12