Register
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lagerland View Post
    Thats coz it a bin file m8 you dont need to open it on your pc,just flash 2 the box .................
    I was doing it wrong, I assume the box needs to be plugged in to pick up firmware....... Now next question, the computer picks up box but saying it doesn't have driver for it....... Now I've tried the link that is there but cant get it, my computer still not got the driver for kryptview, is there anywhere to get the driver for this box. As you can probably tell I'm not the best at this so any idiot proof help would be much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've got windows 7 home premium can anybody tell me how to get the drivers for it for kryptview a780

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robbie 6 View Post
    I was doing it wrong, I assume the box needs to be plugged in to pick up firmware....... Now next question, the computer picks up box but saying it doesn't have driver for it....... Now I've tried the link that is there but cant get it, my computer still not got the driver for kryptview, is there anywhere to get the driver for this box. As you can probably tell I'm not the best at this so any idiot proof help would be much appreciated
    You need to be more clear about what stage you are at.

The kryptview box doesn't need drivers.

If you are using a USB to RS232 adapter, then that will need drivers. Is that what you need drivers for? If so, you should have got a drivers CD with the adapter.
    Last edited by Hadron; 30th May, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave davies View Post
    hi ive done all thats in the tut but when i get to the end and have press start to start flashing i get the message LOADER FILE ERROR can anyonehelp thankls dave

Thats coz it a zipped file m8 you need to extract it first then it will be ok.................
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

As i remember they was issues with 7 and vista i think ,if you have a pc or lappy with xp it will make life easier.................

That was the old F/W dont know about the new coz i aint flashed it yet,still running on the old F/W..................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    You need to be more clear about what stage you are at.

The kryptview box doesn't need drivers.

If you are using a USB to RS232 adapter, then that will need drivers. Is that what you need drivers for? If so, you should have got a drivers CD with the adapter.
    I'm just plugging the box in and the computer is picking it up but
    Saying it doesn't have device driver, then when i go on to my printer and device setting on computer it says unidentified device, then tries internet for updated driver but says it cant find one. So thats as far as I can go as it doesn't recognise it. The cables are fine as these are ones I used to flash the box the first time, although I think it was a different laptop. I'm thinking it must be something I'm doing as surely everybody with windows 7 cant have this problem??????? Again any help is much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok mate cheers, will keep plugging away and hopefully get it sorted, its doing my nut in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

The driver you need is for your usb 2 serial,but i thought 7 found them m8 dont know i dont use 7..................

Do you not have the disc that came with it.................

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lagerland For This Useful Post:

robbie 6 (31st May, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks ALL. it's been helpful.
    Last edited by shalu44; 30th May, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

I'm just plugging the box in and the computer is picking it up but
    Saying it doesn't have device driver, then when i go on to my printer and device setting on computer it says unidentified device, then tries internet for updated driver but says it cant find one. So thats as far as I can go as it doesn't recognise it. The cables are fine as these are ones I used to flash the box the first time, although I think it was a different laptop. I'm thinking it must be something I'm doing as surely everybody with windows 7 cant have this problem??????? Again any help is much appreciated
    Still not sure what you mean by "picking it up". You have to initialise communication through the serial port, it is not automatic.

So I assume that you must be using a USB to RS232 adapter, and that is what is being recognised in Windows. Just plug the adapter into the laptop on it's own, without the box connected to the other end and you will probably see the same message. As mentioned above, if you had a CD with the adapter, use that to install drivers, although, if it's an old one, it might not have drivers for Win 7.

The fact that you are using it on a different laptop, means that it's more likely that it is a missing driver issue.

If the adapter has a make or model number on it, then you could try Googling for a Win 7 driver.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

lagerland (31st May, 2013), robbie 6 (31st May, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    Still not sure what you mean by "picking it up". You have to initialise communication through the serial port, it is not automatic.

So I assume that you must be using a USB to RS232 adapter, and that is what is being recognised in Windows. Just plug the adapter into the laptop on it's own, without the box connected to the other end and you will probably see the same message. As mentioned above, if you had a CD with the adapter, use that to install drivers, although, if it's an old one, it might not have drivers for Win 7.

The fact that you are using it on a different laptop, means that it's more likely that it is a missing driver issue.

If the adapter has a make or model number on it, then you could try Googling for a Win 7 driver.
    Thanks, that was the problem, it doesn't do windows 7 that one, I'll need to buy a new one. Now next question........ I tried to hook the kryptview up to a tower PC in work with just the null modem cable, downloaded the 2 files but it didn't pick the kryptview up, nothing was happening, switched it off and on, unplugged and plugged it back in and nothing. Am I doing something wrong again?????? Again any help is very much appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks mate it was a problem with the driver for that it doesn't do windows 7. I was just asking the other boy if he would know why my kryptview didn't register on a tower pc in the work just using the null modem cable????????

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Thanks, that was the problem, it doesn't do windows 7 that one, I'll need to buy a new one. Now next question........ I tried to hook the kryptview up to a tower PC in work with just the null modem cable, downloaded the 2 files but it didn't pick the kryptview up, nothing was happening, switched it off and on, unplugged and plugged it back in and nothing. Am I doing something wrong again?????? Again any help is very much appreciated
    Did you actually try running the loader program?

When you Plug the Kryptview box into the pc with a null modem lead, it won't show anything on the screen, or produce any "bing bong" sounds like a USB device does. It won't do anything until you run a program to initialise communications, like running the loader program.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

lagerland (31st May, 2013), robbie 6 (31st May, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

many thanks for the firmware, your a legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes mate tried to open both files with kryptview plugged in but, it kept saying I needed some zip thing, again I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't give me an option to run when I right click it or if I click directly on these files. Again your help is much appreciated.