Chicken soup with clear-ish type broth/stock ?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question Chicken soup with clear-ish type broth/stock ?

Can someone please give me "their" own personal recipe for amazingly great Chicken Soup, you know, the stuff that is very watery and just like you get in a Chinese restaurant etc like a Clear-ish broth/stock type ?

I don't really want anything in it that would make a very delicate stomach any worse than it already is, so I guess that means certain things need to be kept out of it like any pepper or peppers, basically anything that could irritate a very very sensitive gut if you know what I mean without me having to go into any detail here, .

I would imagine having some small cubes of potatoes in it too would be good as it would be more like a bulker and help absorb all the bad stuff in the gut etc.

Plus, I mean the type of soup that has like a clear-ish broth, defo not the Creamy type, that is just another type of gut irritant in a lot of people, so yes, I mean the Clear-ish broth/stock type.

hope someone maybe knows the easiest, best and tasty way to do what I am asking, I have been reading up on lots of websites but there are so many different recipes that its hard to choose whats best and whats not, plus they tend to add a hell of a lot of spices and herbs and things that look to me could possibly be a gut irritant, but I don't know.

Maybe someone knows, eh ?

Thanks

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 skinless Chicken breast
    1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
    1 small piece Ginger, finely chopped
    1 tbsp cornflour
    600ml hot chicken stock
    small tin of sweetcorn Sweetcorn
    1 Egg
    good squirt of lemon juice
    Spring onions, finely chopped, to garnish
    dark Soy sauce

now to get it made..

Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes without colouring
    Blend the cornflour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes
    Beat together the egg and lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, stirring with a chopstick or fork to form egg strands. Season to taste, garnish with salad onions and toasted sesame seeds, and serve with a drizzle of soy sauce and some prawn crackers.

for main course get yourself crispy duck in pancakes with plum hoi sin sauce, finely sliced cucumber and carrots , and chopped spring onions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aftermath For This Useful Post:

Saltire (3rd December, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
    Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 skinless Chicken breast
    1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
    1 small piece Ginger, finely chopped
    1 tbsp cornflour
    600ml hot chicken stock
    small tin of sweetcorn Sweetcorn
    1 Egg
    good squirt of lemon juice
    Spring onions, finely chopped, to garnish
    dark Soy sauce

now to get it made..

Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes without colouring
    Blend the cornflour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes
    Beat together the egg and lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, stirring with a chopstick or fork to form egg strands. Season to taste, garnish with salad onions and toasted sesame seeds, and serve with a drizzle of soy sauce and some prawn crackers.

for main course get yourself crispy duck in pancakes with plum hoi sin sauce, finely sliced cucumber and carrots , and chopped spring onions.
    Cheers mate, shall give the soup a bash for sure , see when you say cook the chicken and all that in the frying pan ? do you mean slowly and gently cook the chicken breast for a while first in the frying pan as it would take slightly longer than the veg I assume ? and then when the chicken is cooked that is when you also throw in the garlic and ginger for maybe 3-4 minutes too ? is that what you mean ?

Also, wouldn't decent olive oil be better rather than veg oil ? and does it defo need soy sauce as I heard that is very greasy, is it not ?

Just wondering that's all, I never cook at all mate, know what I mean ?

ohh and what if I was wanting to make enough for like 2 people, would that just mean doubling up on everything you have said and stick to the same cooking method ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Saltire; 5th July, 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like it .. mmmmmm
    keep them up !