how to install a motorised dish - Page 10
Register
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi Billy.. If you are getting 28.2 east and 30 west then it looks pretty good to me. To get the other satellites you may need to skew the LNB ie twist it slowly one way or the other. Best thing to do is go to a satellite that you dont get and then twist the LNB and see if picture appears. Also make sure you have correct frequencies for the satellites . I have installed many TM2600 motors and it is a piece of cake . 9 times out of 10 it is the LNB skew that gives me problems.

Good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nutsandbolts For This Useful Post:

billy2 (16th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

well after 3-4 hours playing with this dish still not finding sats above tried skewing up to 15* left and then right but nothing tried moving dish up and down and nothing at a lost now??? can pick up most sats using catseye Bouquets
    please press the little red THANKS tab
    if I helped if not press the green tab to tell me to f**Koff

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

If using a Motorised dish there is no need to 'Skew' an LNB it should be set and left so when the dish rotates from left to right Skew is automatically applied, have you viewd any obstructions in your line of sight recently maybe a tree overgrown or simialr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

billy2 (16th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

where are you roughly, what receiver and motor? are you using usals? 4.8e does not have a lot but 0.8w is a reference sat ie bbc world. say a little bit on what you did to set it up? And as said forget about skew. The sat you use for refernce is the key. in uk 0.8west is used, then in ireland it can be 5west, or 8west but with usals it does not matter. Is the dish damaged? and what lnb are you using.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ebmitie For This Useful Post:

billy2 (16th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ok dish is a 1.2 channel master dish and motor is a
    HH120 DiSEqC 1.2 motor was set up using bbc on a old Samsung 9500 sat box at 0* on the motor lnb was set to 90* at 0.8w . have set my lat and log in usals using numbers above (in Ireland) using a clone dm800 hd picking up all other sat but these 2 ????

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy2 View Post
    ok dish is a 1.2 channel master dish and motor is a
    HH120 DiSEqC 1.2 motor was set up using bbc on a old Samsung 9500 sat box at 0* on the motor lnb was set to 90* at 0.8w . have set my lat and log in usals using numbers above (in Ireland) using a clone dm800 hd picking up all other sat but these 2 ????

And there lies the problem '0' on the motor is just for reference to due south and nothing else, i think you may have to start again and re-align this, Easy enough set the motor back to the '0' position go back inside enter your Longitude and Latitude details after this send the motor seeing as you are in ireland to 5? west and then move the whole dish and motor on your pole until you get a signal on that satellite, Tweak as best you can and then check the far reaches of your arc say at least to 45? east and then 45? west if you have signal readings on these you know the dish is tracking the ARC correctly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

billy2 (17th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

thanks for all your help Digicon , how for the next Q if dish is setup 100% what sats are worth having other than 28* 19* and 13* (sport is not a big thing for me ) I also know I need access to these packages (I don't need to know this ) cheers guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

anyone know what is best channel to use on 5? west ??? just cant get this arc 100%

cheers

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Hi peep's i have set my motorized dish up this afternoon (very addictive this sat stuff ) just after a few pointers to get the sat arc set right...

The setup i have is....

Technomate 97cm solid satellite dish
    Technomate 0.2db Single LNB Twin
    Technomate TM-2600 ALL METAL GEARED DiSEqC/USALS Motor

I have put the mounting bracket on the wall as plumb as it can be
    Set the dish to elevation 27.2? (i'm setting the whole setup on 28.2?)
    set the motor Latitude: 54
    both all locked up tight

When setting up on 28.2 do i have to adjust the motor to 28.2 or leave it on 0

i have set the box settings as Lat 53.45 = 54 degrees...Long -2.71=2.7W degrees
    set the motor to us Usals....

I have all the channels on 28.2 & working with a clear picture but not added anymore sat's to the sat's list on the box yet
    this will be done tomoz.....

Could anyone give me any pointers if this setup sounds correct or have i messed up somehow
    I could not set the dish up on a south facing wall thats why i set it up on 28.2 plz see pic
    or could i have set the box up on Thor 0.8 ???

many thx

i have set the b

Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

you can set the dish up on any wall you choose whether south facing or not but i must stress that when you fit the motor the '0' mark must face south or you will not track the ARC correctly

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Thx for the reply

so its best to set it up 0.8w & make sure the motor is set to 0
    and set the Set the dish to elevation 28.9?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

when using USALS you can set the dish up on any satellite you wish but as i said the motor '0' mark must point to south with no exception, best thing to do is return the dish and motor to '0' how you initially set it up and then move the whole dish and motor assembly to point south.

Use either a smart phone with built in compass or a compass if you have one to aim the dish south.

after this you can move the dish to 28.2 east and then fine tune the dish/motor assembly until you peak on that satellite

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi Yesterday i installed a TM2600 motor on a 1m dish in Redhill, Surrey. It took me 20 minutes and i started from 42 east(TURKSAT)
    and picking up sats from 53 east to 61 west(including 26 east, 4 west, 7 west etc). The motor is a genius in my opinion. As already mentioned it does not matter which sat you start from when using USALS but its important that it is the correct one ie if using 28.2 then you must make sure you pick up 28.2 by manually adjusting the dish until you pick it up. USALS will then know where the other sats are . Then it may be a case of just fine tuning the dish angles/LNB skew etc until you get all sats coming in. Take it from me its very simple to do - just takes time to get it spot on. Read your motor guide as it can be very helpful.

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    when using USALS you can set the dish up on any satellite you wish but as i said the motor '0' mark must point to south with no exception, best thing to do is return the dish and motor to '0' how you initially set it up and then move the whole dish and motor assembly to point south.

Use either a smart phone with built in compass or a compass if you have one to aim the dish south.

after this you can move the dish to 28.2 east and then fine tune the dish/motor assembly until you peak on that satellite

@Digicon thanks for the instructions:

I actually got my dish set up by a professional. It was working fine with my old DM500S. I just bought Amiko 8900 SHD.. I selected the USALs, entered my longitude and latitude as per dishpointer.com details. When I moved the dish I can only see 5W and 12W..I put the DM500s back and It does not move the dish anymore...Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fultank72 View Post
    @Digicon thanks for the instructions:

I actually got my dish set up by a professional. It was working fine with my old DM500S. I just bought Amiko 8900 SHD.. I selected the USALs, entered my longitude and latitude as per dishpointer.com details. When I moved the dish I can only see 5W and 12W..I put the DM500s back and It does not move the dish anymore...Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

You could try sending the motor to the '0' position with the menu on the DM500 so that it will clear the satellite table from the motors memory (Back to new so to speak), Then disconnect the cable and replace the 500 with the Amiko and try again