Register
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I had to give up after 2 hours of trying to fix it without any luck (mainly coz it got too dark ) now the dish is on the ground and i am gana have to start from scratch.

The motor lnb and dish weren't straight and latitude was about 2 degrees off, I have amended those but my wall mount isn't straight so do I have to re-do that as well?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You will have to redo the wall mount as this is pivotal to the installation and the dish tracking the ARC correctly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You will have to redo the wall mount as this is pivotal to the installation and the dish tracking the ARC correctly
    D@mn man, I was hoping there was another way...........this is gana be long learning curve, will keep you posted.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

cabuukar where on the planet are you??? Are you near London as i may come and sort it out for you...believe me its a piece of cake to install a motor.

Regards.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Keep at it man...you will get there in the end
    i felt like getting someone in to fit my dish after 2 days at it (my 1st attempt at putting a dish up)...but i would not let it beat me .....

I was starting to pull my hair out ....but with help from digicon & nutsandbolts i got there in the end...

the best advice i was gave by digicon......

set the motor on 0
    set the lat on the motor as close as poss...bolt it up tight
    forget true south.....just make sure everything is in line from the pole across the motor to the center of the dish as the photo shows.
    at this point it does not matter about the dish settings ie.up down left right (we will get to that later)
    make sure the lnb is straight also

go back in the house & set your long & lat
    then send the motor via the box to sly 28.2E & leave the channel on a FTA channel BBC1 (at this point you will not get a picture)

now this gets tricky because we don't know where you have the dish mounted (mine was on the front wall & i could set a tv up so i could see it...so i knew when i had found 28.2E)

go back to the dish & move the hole setup left or right (if you have a sly dish's in view try to point it in the same direction) or download an app on your phone to find which direction 28.2 is or as close as you can get it.

If you can see a tv great..if not get someone to watch it & give you a shout
    once you think the dish is pointing at 28.2 & getting some sort of picture...then move the dish up or down till you get the best signal....

see if you get a picture....if you do then tighten everything up & check the other sat's make sure you set usals up on the other sat's job done

but as digicon says in the last post if the pole is not set correct then you will not get the correct arc & won't pick some sat's up

Its a pain in the .....well you know what but you will be chuff'd once you get it done i was.....setting another up at the weekend for a mate after my 3 day job on the 1st.....i know the 2nd job is a 40 min job from start to finish....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by P&D; 14th January, 2014 at 12:10 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to P&D For This Useful Post:

Nutsandbolts (26th September, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi P & D.. I like people who never give up... by the way do you get sats from 60west to 57 east like i do???

Take care.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Hi bud many thx for your help

Just got the basic's at the mo 39.e 28.2. 13. 19.2 & a few others the F3 box can only store 11 sat's

waiting for the VU+ solo 2 to arrive tomoz from goldwafers then i will set all the sat's up
    have to get my head round the new box 1st tho .....might just leave it in the box & hang it over the telly & watch the box (no pun intended) .....frightened to death i will kill it

Hey but we will see .....fingers crossed....if the box ask's press ok to do this...my eye's will be shut till it done
    Last edited by P&D; 27th September, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to P&D For This Useful Post:

Nutsandbolts (27th September, 2013)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. Not familiar with the F3 myself but shame it only gives you 11 sats. Anyway as you are now a motor expert like me you should have no problems in setting up your new receiver. Have fun.

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsandbolts View Post
    cabuukar where on the planet are you??? Are you near London as i may come and sort it out for you...believe me its a piece of cake to install a motor.

Regards.
    Thanks mate but I live about 100 miles away from you (Leicester)

brought everything down and dismantled it......started from scratch and re-done everything again but no joy, I know my problem is defo the mast so need to get that sorted first and hopefully everything is ganna be alright.

Hi. Not familiar with the F3 myself but shame it only gives you 11 sats.

Regards.
    11 sats only for the F3 box!!??? well, I am already getting 5 sats so technically I am only missing 6 more

btw I will get this thing to fully work for me one day but that wont be today

yeah i got the motor to work with right latitude and longitude for my area.
    Last edited by cabuukar; 27th September, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. I may come to Leicester if Chelsea play there one day........ So you have got the motor to work at last..well done. what sats are you getting ???

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1. 28.2E ASTRA
    2. 13E HOT BIRD
    3. 19.2E ASTRA
    4. 16E EUTELSAT
    5. 26E ARABSAT

all the sats on west arent working for me yet.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabuukar View Post
    1. 28.2E ASTRA
    2. 13E HOT BIRD
    3. 19.2E ASTRA
    4. 16E EUTELSAT
    5. 26E ARABSAT

all the sats on west arent working for me yet.
    Hi. You got the classic example that a lot of people have ie they either have only the east sats or only the west sats. If you only get the east sats its because your dish angles are too low. If you only get the west sats then dish angles are too high. To get your west sats you need to either raise the motor tail slightly up or adjust the dish angle at the bottom until you get a picture. I have had this problem many times and by adjusting dish angles evrything was then ok. Also check LNB is set in correct position. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi. You got the classic example that a lot of people have ie they either have only the east sats or only the west sats. If you only get the east sats its because your dish angles are too low. If you only get the west sats then dish angles are too high. To get your west sats you need to either raise the motor tail slightly up or adjust the dish angle at the bottom until you get a picture. I have had this problem many times and by adjusting dish angles evrything was then ok. Also check LNB is set in correct position. Good luck.
    20130928_104225.jpg20130928_104250.jpg

I beleive this is what is giving me all the problems, need to get the mast sorted first then I will start playing with the dish/motor angle............
    Last edited by cabuukar; 28th September, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

had my motorised system installed 'professionally' last week and scanned in Hotird & Astra 19 & 28.2 manually using diseqc (at the installer's suggestion) Had loads of problems scanning others sats but after a lot of reading discovered that I should be using usals instead. Had some success but I have found that the sats I have scanned in are 3 degrees out - scanning for 36e actually pulls in 39e and scanning for 4w scans as Thor at 1w. I've doubled checked that I entered my lat/long correctly so what is going wrong - is it a dodgy install and if so can I adjust my location accordingly to compensate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrgarnett View Post
    I have found that the sats I have scanned in are 3 degrees out - scanning for 36e actually pulls in 39e and scanning for 4w scans as Thor at 1w.
    Now that you have mentioned it, mine is also about 2 degrees out, 28.2E pulls the motor to 30 something, my mast isnt straight so I am hoping once that is sorted then this will be too...........out of curiosity, is your mast dead straight?