how to install a motorised dish - Page 13
Register
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabuukar View Post
    Now that you have mentioned it, mine is also about 2 degrees out, 28.2E pulls the motor to 30 something, my mast isnt straight so I am hoping once that is sorted then this will be too...........out of curiosity, is your mast dead straight?

Looks straight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrgarnett View Post
    had my motorised system installed 'professionally' last week and scanned in Hotird & Astra 19 & 28.2 manually using diseqc (at the installer's suggestion) Had loads of problems scanning others sats but after a lot of reading discovered that I should be using usals instead. Had some success but I have found that the sats I have scanned in are 3 degrees out - scanning for 36e actually pulls in 39e and scanning for 4w scans as Thor at 1w. I've doubled checked that I entered my lat/long correctly so what is going wrong - is it a dodgy install and if so can I adjust my location accordingly to compensate?
    another cowboy then!!! tell him to come back and do it properly or you will slate his name all over the WWW. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi, Its pretty obvious that if you are 3 degrees out ie you get 39 instad of 36 etc then the dish needs to be loosen a fraction and moved only a little bit back towards the west ie to the right. Then everything shoud be ok. As mdt states ask the professional to come back and re-align it if you dont want to do it. If you are getting all the sats then its pointless changing USALS figures. He should have used USALS in the first place and aligned it correctly to the chosen satellite. I personally never use 1.2 as its too time consuming .
    Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsandbolts View Post
    Hi, Its pretty obvious that if you are 3 degrees out ie you get 39 instad of 36 etc then the dish needs to be loosen a fraction and moved only a little bit back towards the west ie to the right.
    Regards
    I am assuming with the motor right or just the dish?

I am still moving the dish/motor here and there, still havent given up on getting this thing to work to its full potential.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. Dont touch the motor as its the dish that has been mis-aligned. If all sats are 3 degrees out its because the dish was mis-aligned. I suspect the guy lined up the dish on a strong sat like Hotbird, where even if you are a couple of degrees out you will still pick up the signal. Then when it goes to another sateliite its going too far and stopping 3 degrees too far east. this explains why 36 east is picking up 39 east etc. Problem is if you start to loosen the motor you may make it worse and lose the lineup completely. Best thing to is using USALS send it to a sat that you are familiar with ie 28.2 east and when motor stops loosen the dish slightly and move a little bit to the right until you get a perfect picture. Then tighten the dish up and sent it to another sat and check results. Make sure you have correct frequencies for all sats you wish to find. What sort of problems are you still having???

Regards.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

just for clarification on a motorised dish if you are not tracking the ARC correctly then cabuukar you are correct you loosen the motor bolts at the back of the pole and move the whole assembly to the right just a fraction until you have a signal.

How you have to look at this is when the dish is attached to the Motor Spigot then all motor is really is an extension of the dish so they are now one item if you know what i mean.

If you loosen the dish which is attached to the Motor spigot and move this to get a better signal then you will indeed make matters a whole lot worse.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsandbolts View Post
    What sort of problems are you still having???

Regards.
    Well, I got 3 problem

1, I cant get any sat on the west no matter what I do.
    2, I send the motor to 28.2E and it stops just after 30E
    3, the most important one is that the mast isnt vertical/plumb and am trying to get a professional to do this part for me.

I am not really what sats am missing on the west or if they are any good but having a motor set up and not getting all the possible sats is annoying

I have tried all the suggestions but nothing seems to have worked, I am hoping it is all down to the mast and once that is sorted i will enjoy my sat system.

UPDATE............

Just sent the motor to SYRACUSE 0E, got the ladder out and mannually moved the motor about 2 degrees to west (got the pointer at 0) scanned it and got some channels............I am onto something but i gatta go to work now...........

UPDATE.............

well, it seems like my motor decided to work .........as of now i successfully scanned and got channels from Nilesat, Thor and syracuse and they all got me some channels even though it had quite few failures on the scan...........
    Last edited by cabuukar; 2nd October, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Hi all recently upgraded openbox 2 a vu+solo,but on the vu+ my signals are alot weaker on the harder sats,eg could get mbc on 26E but cant on the vu+,also 4.8,10E,7E,are weak so do i align the dish to suit the vu+ or am i right in thinking this will make things worse,as all is ok on openbox,does the openbox have a better tuner,iam using usuals so can not step dish to suit, openbox i could could use cobination of usuals and DiSEqC 1.2 at the same time,but can not seem to this on vu+ thanks all, shaun

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The Vu has a weaker tuner Fact compared to the Open/Skybox's, if your happy to use both USALS and Diseqc 1.2 with the VU then yes it can be done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    The Vu has a weaker tuner Fact compared to the Open/Skybox's, if your happy to use both USALS and Diseqc 1.2 with the VU then yes it can be done
    Hi and thanks digicon,i would be happy to use both usuals and Diseqc 1.2 just dont no how to as very new to th vu+ scene, tried a few things but lose all sats altogether,looked all over the web but can only find guides on setting up with usuals or Diseqc 1.2 not both together can you give me any pointers,suprised the vu has a weaker tuner than openbox,thanks again digicon, shaun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

for anyone struggling,regards mdt

Dr Dish TV - ????????? ?????? ?? ????????. - YouTube
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many thanks for the guide Krazylegz - top man.

I've had a motorised dish for 6 months but haven't got around to sticking it up yet.
    Will follow your advice.
    Dwatto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

shaunfree you dont have diseq and usals working together, you only have one or the other. with usals the motor will drive dish to sat with diseq you have to manually drive dish and then store it.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

The issue can be resolved without even touching the bolts.. play with your USALS latitude and longitude, trial and error and you can make them 3 degrees up.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I wrote this just before my 14th birthday and the priciple is similar in regards to changing the latitude, just that the numerical change has to be far greater.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...te-dish-11239/

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS