how to install a motorised dish - Page 9
Register
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

hi, need a little help or maybe a lot,new to motorised read the great guide on here and really helped,but after 2 weekedns cant get it right,but can get some sats,i setup on 1w using a technomate and get a great signal level 92 quality 76 and get loads of channels,but 4w low signal red 5w good signal 7w low signal red 8w good signal then nothing until 30w leval 91 but red bars quality 10,12,15 but got some channels,on the east a bit better 10e no 13e yes 16e yes 19e yes 23e yes but only a few channels 28.2e all uk channels then nothing further east.i am in nw Latitude = 53.8289 Longitude = -3.0219 put in the technomate as 53.8n lat 3.2w also have openbox and put it in like this lat 53.82n long 003.02w is this right for both boxes. set lat on motor 54,dish elivation 26 if i move these settings on 1w i get no signal.if i go to a week sat and try to alaign the dish then i lose 1w.my setup is 1m dish Dg-2100 motor triax lnb, fitted on a scaffold pole with t and k brackets, took it all down 2day and got it all 100% plumb motor in center of dish i no it sounds like i am not right on the arc but dont no how to correct this also if i need a better lnb to get a better signal,or is there something else i am doing wrong, many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaunfree View Post
    hi, need a little help or maybe a lot,new to motorised read the great guide on here and really helped,but after 2 weekedns cant get it right,but can get some sats,i setup on 1w using a technomate and get a great signal level 92 quality 76 and get loads of channels,but 4w low signal red 5w good signal 7w low signal red 8w good signal then nothing until 30w leval 91 but red bars quality 10,12,15 but got some channels,on the east a bit better 10e no 13e yes 16e yes 19e yes 23e yes but only a few channels 28.2e all uk channels then nothing further east.i am in nw Latitude = 53.8289 Longitude = -3.0219 put in the technomate as 53.8n lat 3.2w also have openbox and put it in like this lat 53.82n long 003.02w is this right for both boxes. set lat on motor 54,dish elivation 26 if i move these settings on 1w i get no signal.if i go to a week sat and try to alaign the dish then i lose 1w.my setup is 1m dish Dg-2100 motor triax lnb, fitted on a scaffold pole with t and k brackets, took it all down 2day and got it all 100% plumb motor in center of dish i no it sounds like i am not right on the arc but dont no how to correct this also if i need a better lnb to get a better signal,or is there something else i am doing wrong, many thanks

from the looks of it your system just needs fine tuning... make sure your dish bracket is straight on the motor stub your lat on the motor is set to 54. if your pole is 100% plumb then while on 1 west peak the dish by checking the weak transponders at 12.647 h/v and 12.687 v/h and also try ajusting the lnb forward/backwards in the lnb holder. if you follow the points of. 1 pole plumb. 2. dish central on motor. 3 motor lat. lat/long in stb. skew/focul point in lnb is just a case of fine tweaking... also make sure when looking down from above the motor that it all looks square and the brackets are square on as a couple of millimeters out on these can make a big difference when tracking the arc on weaker txp,s/satellites. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mdt For This Useful Post:

plasterer (19th May, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    from the looks of it your system just needs fine tuning... make sure your dish bracket is straight on the motor stub your lat on the motor is set to 54. if your pole is 100% plumb then while on 1 west peak the dish by checking the weak transponders at 12.647 h/v and 12.687 v/h and also try ajusting the lnb forward/backwards in the lnb holder. if you follow the points of. 1 pole plumb. 2. dish central on motor. 3 motor lat. lat/long in stb. skew/focul point in lnb is just a case of fine tweaking... also make sure when looking down from above the motor that it all looks square and the brackets are square on as a couple of millimeters out on these can make a big difference when tracking the arc on weaker txp,s/satellites. regards mdt
    thanks for your help mdt,will check,and try all you said prob be next weekend due to work, thanks again mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi
    Does anyone know the elavation angle of the motor for Scotland area as I have a technomate tm-2600 motor which I have misplaced the installation manuel and this is just doing my head in up and down the roof trying to figure this out.I have it set at 57 but that looks far too high
    many thanks in advance.

regards
    MR-T

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

[QUOTE=MR-T;1992405]Hi
    Does anyone know the elavation angle of the motor for Scotland area as I have a technomate tm-2600 motor which I have misplaced the installation manuel and this is just doing my head in up and down the roof trying to figure this out.I have it set at 57 but that looks far too high
    many thanks in advance.

state the town in scotland you live and I"ll send the motor details but a lat of 57 on one side of the motor and an elevation of 33 on the other side sounds about right for the aberdeen area.
    regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dick b For This Useful Post:

MR-T (4th June, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi dick b
    I live in Musselburgh I think the lat elevation is about 57 not sure about the other side, I would need to go up the roof to find out that is what is pissing me off
    I don't mind moving the dish up and down its just the motor setting that puzzles me,it was working find until we had the bad gale force winds and it nearly blew the dish off the roof although it was mounted on a t k bracket it seemed to knock it of the motor elevation and I have made it worse by moving it, that would be a great help if you can send me the motor details save me up and down like a hoares drawers LOL.

regards
    MR-T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

just put your postcode in lat/long finder.. regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

just put 56 latitude on the motor and lock up the other side should automatically read 34 elevation you only need to put the one reading on it.and this setting will not need moving again
    your actual co-ordinates are 55.9North and 3.1West(these need setting in your box if on usals.)
    Last edited by dick b; 4th June, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dick b For This Useful Post:

MR-T (4th June, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks dick b your help was very much appreciated now I can go up again knowing the settings for the motor,least that's that bit out of the way

regards
    MR-T

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR-T View Post
    Hi dick b
    I live in Musselburgh I think the lat elevation is about 57 not sure about the other side, I would need to go up the roof to find out that is what is pissing me off
    I don't mind moving the dish up and down its just the motor setting that puzzles me,it was working find until we had the bad gale force winds and it nearly blew the dish off the roof although it was mounted on a t k bracket it seemed to knock it of the motor elevation and I have made it worse by moving it, that would be a great help if you can send me the motor details save me up and down like a hoares drawers LOL.

regards
    MR-T

Try below - there's a txt file there with the info

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...manual-297577/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DMBoot; 4th June, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DMBoot For This Useful Post:

MR-T (5th June, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

can I ask what would my setting be with this ?????

Latitude:**.304105?

Longitude:-*.202375?

is it Latitude ** . 304 north and Longitude - * 202 west ??? cheers
    please press the little red THANKS tab
    if I helped if not press the green tab to tell me to f**Koff

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy2 View Post
    can I ask what would my setting be with this ?????

Latitude:**.304105?

Longitude:-*.202375?

is it Latitude ** . 304 north and Longitude - * 202 west ??? cheers
    Yes would be the simple answer if you reside in the UK

17. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

billy2 (15th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

and if in Ireland m8 ???

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy2 View Post
    and if in Ireland m8 ???
    Yes still the same

20. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

billy2 (15th July, 2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ok guy been playing around today with motor and dish (1.2m) and this is where I am at 28% 100% ,23* 95-100%, 19* 100% , 16* 100% , 13 * 100% now Astra 4A / SES 5 (4.8?E) and THOR 5 at 0.8W getting nothing but when I go to 30* w I get 95-100% so where am I going wrong with 4.8e and 0.8 w ??? cheers guys