Register
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

if you get 1W and 13E ok 4.8E should be ok try 11.766 H 27500 its a good strong TP with FTA CH5 (ukraine),2+2 etc: on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default motorised dish help

Read through your setup guide and tried everything possible to get Thor (comes up 0.8 on my system) but can't get it picked up hotbird today by accident. I can't seem to get the arc correct having to setup on astra2. Anyway the question is i have a technomate 2600 and for some reason people mount them both ways up weird, but which way is better? At the mo its got the motor at the top as on this site
    http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/motorisedsatellitedishes.htm

any help would be greatly appreciated

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. You should always mount the TM2600 motor with the tail pointing down and not up. If you have the tail pointing up it will collect water and grow flowers. A number of things to remember when finding satellites with a motor:
    1) Try to use USALS as this is the automatic satellite search software.
    2) It does not really matter which satellite you begin from ie if you start from Hotbird at 13 east you must align the dish manually at 13 east otherwise USALS will be out of position for the other satellites.
    3) When you have aligned the first satellite ie HOTBIRD and signal and pictures are good you can use USALS to search for other satellites.
    4) For all satellites that you wish to pick up make sure you have valid TP's(frequencies) in your TP list.
    5) Remember the satellites that you are able to pick up depends on your location. size of dish, NO obstructions in the way, type of LNB etc.
    I have installed many TM2600 and can tell you that they are easy to set up, very accurate but need a lot of patience to get it right. You probably find that you will need to adjust the dish and motor a few times before you get it right. Dont forget to connect the cables correctly. Regards.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

TM2600 Motor spigot facing down is only option.
    Once motor is set, no need to alter again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelewen View Post

Anyway the question is i have a technomate 2600 and for some reason people mount them both ways up weird, but which way is better? ..

any help would be greatly appreciated
    There is a similar looking motor design made by the Italian motor manufacturer Stab & sold under several names & models that are designed with the motor arm uppermost - it does look a little like a TM2600 upside down ..

You can install either upside down & get them to work OK but they are not designed to do that & you only do it for very special reasons such as a local noise issue etc.. & both need non standard modifications to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all. I have done agood bit reading and still keep get confused with what i need to do. I would like to get a motorised dish and a good box, but not sure which one is best. I want to be able to get movies and sports. Can you please help. I love in dublin if that helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That live in dublin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Vu+ Duo box,I presume using the TM2600 will be fine with this?

Also, is it simply a case of facing the dish due south and performing the following options:

Menu>Setup>ServiceSearching>TunerConfiguration and changing my mode to positioner, entering my Latitude and Longitude and then going to the Thor satelite and trying to tune that in, then the rest should follow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RM6 View Post
    I have a Vu+ Duo box,I presume using the TM2600 will be fine with this?

Also, is it simply a case of facing the dish due south and performing the following options:

Menu>Setup>ServiceSearching>TunerConfiguration and changing my mode to positioner, entering my Latitude and Longitude and then going to the Thor satelite and trying to tune that in, then the rest should follow?
    This method is Usals,obviousley you have to point the dish and use a meter and put in a good set of bouquets the dish will then drive to the sat you want.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    This method is Usals,obviousley you have to point the dish and use a meter and put in a good set of bouquets the dish will then drive to the sat you want.

Andy.
    Thanks

So is this a relatively simple way to set it up and is this way better than diseqc?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thanks

So is this a relatively simple way to set it up and is this way better than diseqc?
    Hi. USALS is the automatic satellite search. DISEQC 1.2 is the manual search and storing of the satellites. USALS requires your location latitude and longitude figures to track the arc. DISEQC 1.2 requires a lot of patience and time to get it right. I prefer USALS because when you have set up the first satellite it should know where the other satellites are.
    Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking to buy a motorised 90cm dish.
    It has to be quiet as it will be near my neighbours window.
    Can anybody recommend one and where is best place to buy them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got all of the equipment but haven't installed it yet.

I was just messing about with my dark motor through the receiver and it seems to go to a lot of satellites in the correct position, but when I ask it to go to 28.2E degrees it goes past 30 degrees.

Obviously, I've not been able to confirm whether this is going to be correct, but is it? Does the motor compensate for the fact it isn't pointing directly at the satellite and move it accordingly or is there an error somewhere.

Would ideally like to get this sorted before I go to the top of a ladder!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I've got all of the equipment but haven't installed it yet.

I was just messing about with my dark motor through the receiver and it seems to go to a lot of satellites in the correct position, but when I ask it to go to 28.2E degrees it goes past 30 degrees.

Obviously, I've not been able to confirm whether this is going to be correct, but is it? Does the motor compensate for the fact it isn't pointing directly at the satellite and move it accordingly or is there an error somewhere.

Would ideally like to get this sorted before I go to the top of a ladder!
    Hi. Why dont you set motor to zero( GOTO REFERENCE) then send it to 28.2E and see where it stops. If all the other east satellites positions are correct then so should 28.2. The important thing is that when motor stops you are able to get the signals. Are the west positions correct?. Before going up the laddder i would spend a couple of hours outside with receiver and a spare tv and look for the satellites . Do what i do sometimes by clamping motor to the back of an old chair and put the chair on a small table for the dish to clear the floor and then mess about with looking for the satellites. This way you be able to tell what satellites you can receive and also tune in the satellites one by one. Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need help how to install a skybox s11 hd pvr

how to install a skybox s11 hd pvr

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast