Register
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. Do you think that if all SCRAMBLED CHANless choiceNELS were free companies like SKY would be in business??. I dont think so. A few years ago you could have had hundreds of SCRAMBLED channels for free. Nowadays the channels are more secure so there is less choice. There are ways to still view scrambled channels but you need to look in section for your receiver for further details.

Take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

there are quite a few scrambled channels available when your box has been "patched/flashed" with 3rd party firmware but the majority need either an official viewing card or by other means we cant discuss here on dk,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. Once you set up the latitude on the motorised dish (Mine is 51) Do I have to adjust the level on the dish itself? I see marking on the dish next to its holding bracket, with numbers on them as well.

Thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waqypaqy View Post
    Hi. Once you set up the latitude on the motorised dish (Mine is 51) Do I have to adjust the level on the dish itself? I see marking on the dish next to its holding bracket, with numbers on them as well.

Thanks
    yes set the motor to your location latitude as accurately as possible then lock it up it will not need moveing again.
    Then you need to hunt for your target sat by slowly moveing the whole lot L/R and the dish only up/down to tune it in.read through this thread and follow the guides.
    In theory the dish scale should read around 22.6(on a TM motor) for your latitude but those scales are not always that accurate so start a bit higher and drop by one after each pass.
    Last edited by dick b; 10th January, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dick b View Post
    yes set the motor to your location latitude as accurately as possible then lock it up it will not need moveing again.
    Then you need to hunt for your target sat by slowly moveing the whole lot L/R and the dish only up/down to tune it in.read through this thread and follow the guides.
    In theory the dish scale should read around 22.6(on a TM motor) for your latitude but those scales are not always that accurate so start a bit higher and drop by one after each pass.
    thanks for the reply. i set it to around 25 yesterday when i was on the roof, i've got a standard Nikkai motor from Maplins which i bought from gumtree. i've also bought some wiring from b&q cos the current setup was shorting the box. will update you tonight or tomorrow hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I followed your instructions, and set up a motorised dish. Thanks for good work and this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manrug View Post
    I followed your instructions, and set up a motorised dish. Thanks for good work and this forum.

And welcome to it m8 D-K as good as it gets................
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New to forum ,thanks for info on motor dish I have just finished putting a steel pole in my garden cementing it in,do not like going up ladders,next step putting on motor and setting up.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    New to forum ,thanks for info on motor dish I have just finished putting a steel pole in my garden cementing it in,do not like going up ladders,next step putting on motor and setting up.
    Good luck mate,keep us imformed on your progress...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi,
    new to this, advise is great, just following instructions fitting dish.
    many thanks

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I am looking at setting this up on a wall which is almost east facing to avoid having it on the front of the house, which pretty much faces Hotbird 13? East as a little portable dish is parallel to the window to receive it.

So basically, with the dish there, I can't align on 0.8 West as I won't have line of sight there.

Motor is SuperJack DG-320 with USALS.

Can I align on another satellite?

Why is 0.8 West used?

What will I be missing out on by locating dish there, therefore missing out on almost everything West of 13? East?
    Last edited by DMBoot; 4th April, 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMBoot View Post
    I am looking at setting this up on a wall which is almost east facing to avoid having it on the front of the house, which pretty much faces Hotbird 13? East as a little portable dish is parallel to the window to receive it.

So basically, with the dish there, I can't align on 0.8 West as I won't have line of sight there.

Motor is SuperJack DG-320 with USALS.

Can I align on another satellite?

Why is 0.8 West used?

What will I be missing out on by locating dish there, therefore missing out on almost everything West of 13? East?

0.8west is used because its closest to due south for most of the uk and is a throw back from polar mount/actuator days but if using usals you can use any sat you want to set up on.if you use a T+K/scaffold pole arrangment you can get higher or look over the roof to get the full arc. regards mdt
    Last edited by mdt; 9th April, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mdt For This Useful Post:

DMBoot (9th April, 2013)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    0.8west is used because its closest to due south for most of the uk and is a throw back from polar mount/actuator days but if using usals you can use any sat you want to set up on.if you use a T+K/scaffold pole arrangment you can get higher or look over the roof to get the full arc. regards mdt
    Cheers - I think that I've got my head round it all now.

On Monday I bought 2 x 24" K brackets and a pole to do as you say. A fair weight in it all and I've raw bolts to go into 16mm holes to hold everything.

I plan to download Catseyes bouquets and use 5 West as my setup point with the motor at zero and the lnb at zero skew. For my location, 5W is as near true south as I can get. That's my understanding of how to do it anyway.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I've a problem with mine in that when I move it from 5 West I don't pickup the other satellites. I think that is down to the dish not being mounted properly on the motor and being a bit off centre. I will fix that tomorrow.

Can someone keep me right on the following.

I setup my DM800SE with my lat & long and then using catseyes bouquets I switched to France 2 on 5 West which is nearest my true south. I then went out, connected the cables to the motor and dish and moved things about until I got a good picture.

This means that my ZERO point on the motor is when I am watching a channel on 5 West.

Is this correct or have I screwed up by doing that?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

the Zero mark on a motor is to indicate your true south setting and is not a satellite position, best thing to do is reset the motor back to the Zero position and then move your dish via the DM800se to 5 west and then go outside and re-adjust the alignment you should then see that the motor has now left the Zero position and so you should be good to go to align your dish

17. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

DMBoot (28th April, 2013)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast