Register
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried all that with my dm800 but keeps hanging on initiating HTTP mode...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Problem in installing CCcam 2.0.11 on DM 800HD with Gemini2

Thank you for your guide.

I do not know if this the right thread to post my Problem.

I have original DM 800HD. It came with Geminie2 image and CCcam 2.0.11. I live in United Arab Emirates and I use it to connect to servers in Europe. As our ISP is blocking CCcam protocol, only CCcam 2.0.11 is working.

My friend convince me to flash the DM 800HD with iCVS image. After we did that, we were not able to install CCcam 2.0.11. I flashed the box with Gemini2 Project 5.1 for DM800 but still can not install CCcam 2.0.11. I am using the file (e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz) and tried to install manually by copying the files to (/usr/bin/) and (/usr/script/) and change the Attributes to 755 and add my CCcam.cfg file to /var/etc and then restart. But when I go to Blue Pannel, I can?t find CCcam 2.011 to select. I tried also by copying the (e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz) file to /tmp/ and installing it from the File Manager, but I have the same problem.

I use the same steps to install CCcam 2.1.3 and the installation works but CCcam 2.1.3 is not able to connect to the servers in Europe because it is blocked.

What I am doing wrong or am I using the wrong CCcam 2.0.11 files. I appreciate help.

Sam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dreamup 1.3.3.4 also repaired. i tested alot of dreamup no one can flashed some dreambox except 1.3.3.4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tybet View Post
    dreamup 1.3.3.4 also repaired. i tested alot of dreamup no one can flashed some dreambox except 1.3.3.4
    not true depend on your clone but yes 1334 seems the best welcome to DK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi trying to put image on box with latest version of dreamup but it says image to old. any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats great information posted along with pictorials. This is all new to me as i have just converted from n*l and now jumping in with bothe feet as I have just bought a Dream 800 hd se and I love to rise to the challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CA-mode failure

Updating a clone DM800 HD se the process stopped and the ethernet connextion could not be established again. Tried the same on an original DM 800 HD PVR exactly the same problem occured. I'm new on those topics and read in the forum about using dreamup and a Nulll modem cable. Is this the only way to reactivate the machines? In the forum I got the impression that it does not matter which image you use. My experience is that some images work and some don't depending on which firmware is used. What is a guaranteed good image I can work with for a longer period of time?

I hope someone can help me out and I excuses in advance if I misposted my request.

WimPim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreambox 500S flash problem

I have dreambox 500s and rs232 PL-2303.I try dreamup but it does not detect my box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New to Programming

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

• Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)
    • Image File (.img)
    • DreamUp Program

Instructions

• Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
    • Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
    • Load Dreamup.exe
    • Click Connect and you will see a message like this

• Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
    • The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
    • Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed

• Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)

Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
    • The image should then be uploaded to the box
    • There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program

• After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory
    • The finished process should look like this:

• Click OK and close down Dreamup
    • Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
    • If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

Good Luck!

I'm new to programming the dreambox. I presently reside in Barbados and would just like to know if this process still applies or if there is any update to this process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500s Clone

What is the best image for DM500S clone black
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive checked the price of the Dm 800hd,, r there any dis advantages to getting a generic version of the box,,also the D.B 500s appear to be,, in-expensive,, r they still relevant,, albeit they r not hd. I appreciate the the dream up software and its function,, i also understand installing relevant Fw,, however is it still necessary to install Ccam if box is functioning as it should,,, basically r there any considerations for installing Ccam and what is its function as,, D.F (original poster),, does not refer to it in his (initial what u need),, apologies if this has been answered in previous messages,, i read all 14 pages last night ,, i will however read them all again now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have tried to down load and open a version of dream up ,, but it just says,,, cant find any com port - aborting,,, i am trying to download and open software from my laptop,,, any one help,, thank you in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i try with my dreambox and i cant connect it for some reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why do u need to flash an dreambox? (a newbie asking) is it to be able to watch all channel for free?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have flashed my DM500s clone with a gemini image, everything worked during the dreamup and flashing process, it installed without any problems.

But when I turn the box on nothing appears on the screen, its like its not booting up.

What have I done wrong?