Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question libertyview help/advice

hi peeps,,
    had an F5s for a couple ov months which was purchassed from fleabay which included all the files to watch TV
    been reading around and seems u can buy a clone machine,,,,,how do u tell if it's a clone,,,,is it safe to update firmware if and when it needs it,,,,,the guy selling it says it's a genuine bit of kit,,,but how would i know....,,
    i have a small bit of knowledge about hacking machines,,done me wii,ipod,sat-nav and afew others ,,,so i have managed to
    A----make a back-up of all the files.stored on PC and USB stick
    B----update the channel list, using AJsat,
    is there anything else that i need to do or not do...

many thxs Ian

anyone recommend a better piece of kit for the for-see-able future...thxs again

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

How to spot a clone from the libertview website;
    Product News - Welcome to Libertview

Clones won't take orginal firmware, you'll get a mismatch error if you try. You need to install custom firmware which can be found on the internet.

If your f5s is working and you have made a backup of all the important files, then the only maintence required is updating the channel lists when required and every couple of days, update the xmltv EPG as the auto update is rubbish. Other things you could do if you wanted to experiment is to change the back ground logo or the channel icons, guides to do both can be found on this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thxs matey.
    Like the sound of changing the back ground it has ironman at the moment .
    Will have a hunt around and try n find were and how to do it