Digital TV problems
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Digital TV problems

Hi I don't know if this is right place but ive got a skybox f5s working on my TV downstairs i have a UHF modulater connected to the skybox f5s as i have 2 TV's upstairs where i can watch the channels from skybox f5s but the digital tv upstairs keeps pixelating any body got any idea what can be the problem please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The first thing that you need to do is to check whether the connections are all OK. Secondly establish whether you have got a good signal going to your TV. There should be something in the TV setup which tells you what % strength of signal you are receiving (most need at least 75%). If you have got a good signal, I would connect your skybox to your upstairs cable to see if your skybox also pixelates on that cable, if it doesn't you know that it is a problem with how your TV transcodes the signal.

bb69

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob69 View Post
    The first thing that you need to do is to check whether the connections are all OK. Secondly establish whether you have got a good signal going to your TV. There should be something in the TV setup which tells you what % strength of signal you are receiving (most need at least 75%). If you have got a good signal, I would connect your skybox to your upstairs cable to see if your skybox also pixelates on that cable, if it doesn't you know that it is a problem with how your TV transcodes the signal.

bb69
    Thank you i have tried these and still stuck i wish i could take a pic the way everything is set up i have a good signal strength i have Hdmi cable from skybox f5s to Tv downstairs & the coax from the main aerial into a splitter with a rf lead in to main tv downstairs the other end of rf into modulator there is another coax from modulator to a signal booster upstairs then a coax from each of 2 other tvs upstairs to booster and finally i have a scart from modulator to skybox f5s Thank you for replying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Does box output from hdmi and scart at same time??? You are switching from hdmi/scart as required???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

are you using both TV'S together Always thought you could only have hdmi output or scart from your box but not both together may be wrong. I had a similar problem many moons ago using a modulator simple test with your tv on downstairs see how it pixalates then turn your tv off downstairs and see if it is still doing it.