Best android box - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd stay away from the mars box. I have bought one of them but will be sending it back It has a single core 1.2ghz processor which in 2015 is pathetic. Also although it lists 2 Mali 400 gpus there is no hardware decoding support in xbmc so the is no chance of it playing 1080p films at all. The cccam is great but so laggy. if you try using the epg whilst watching a channel it will freeze and take about 60 seconds to load. There is another similar box called the videostrong k1 this has 2gb ram an allwinner s805 quad core and the Mali 450 octocore cpu. This box is a beast although it's cpu only runs at 1.5ghz if you just want an android tv box the mx3 has the s812 processor which us a 2ghz quad core.
    if you really want to spend out though you can now get a box with the allwinner a31 octocore cpu with a powervr 64 core Gpu. If they can put a softcam dvb-s2 tuner in it port tv headend to it and get it to play halo I'd probably stuff my wife off and marry the box.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whatwentwrong81 For This Useful Post:

teerak2uk (26th May, 2015), tony34567 (27th May, 2015)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whatwentwrong81 View Post
    I'd stay away from the mars box. I have bought one of them but will be sending it back It has a single core 1.2ghz processor which in 2015 is pathetic. Also although it lists 2 Mali 400 gpus there is no hardware decoding support in xbmc so the is no chance of it playing 1080p films at all. The cccam is great but so laggy. if you try using the epg whilst watching a channel it will freeze and take about 60 seconds to load. There is another similar box called the videostrong k1 this has 2gb ram an allwinner s805 quad core and the Mali 450 octocore cpu. This box is a beast although it's cpu only runs at 1.5ghz if you just want an android tv box the mx3 has the s812 processor which us a 2ghz quad core.
    if you really want to spend out though you can now get a box with the allwinner a31 octocore cpu with a powervr 64 core Gpu. If they can put a softcam dvb-s2 tuner in it port tv headend to it and get it to play halo I'd probably stuff my wife off and marry the box.
    Appereciate your comments . need to clarify points about mars box.
    If product CPU is written 1.2GHz it should be single core.
    I don't know much about Android and Kodi but what i experienced and read on kodi forums that xbmc/kodi itself restricted to 1280*720p.
    settings=>system=>video output=>1280*720p . These settings are grayed.
    I followed this video tutorial to fix this issue , Their are plenty of solutions available on google.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RlNlIumFM
    Regarding GPU. Hisilicon Hi3719M V100 CPU used in Mars box . 2 Mali 400 GPU's which means Dual-core high-performance GPU .
    Attached downloadable CPU/GPU Details http://www.hisilicon.com/engdownload...19M%20V100.rar
    CC**m and New**m stability depends on server side .
    EPG 60sec freezing problem.... Yes its a software bug which need to fix but moving channel up/down will fix it manually.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

hey ive now got me a Videostrong K1 "with the *********
    from ebay/uk****** ... excellent with everything there an working ! totally recommended
    working lovely with kodi plex etc, and the sat stuff side too..
    ONLY prob i have atm is not being able to edit channels on the satelite side
    anyone else managed this ??
    Last edited by satsmo; 14th February, 2016 at 11:51 PM. Reason: removed trader link

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,457 Posts

Gadget,would you have a look at the rules here again mate,please ? Forum Rules

Pay attention to #9....

Thank you...
    Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnner View Post
    Gadget,would you have a look at the rules here again mate,please ? Forum Rules

Pay attention to #9....

Thank you...
    oops sorry, been awhile since i posted, and new to that scene
    the question posed is not really suited to this forum location too ! ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

T8s from Droidbox works we'll got one now for 3 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the best is nvidia shield then Xiaomi Mi S box. dont waste your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12